Expired Hot Deals

[Epic Games] What Remains of Edith Finch (Free, PC, Ends 1/24)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2019 12:01 am
[OP]
Apr 12, 2005
822 posts
4718 upvotes

What Remains of Edith Finch (Free, PC, Ends 1/24)

Deal Link:
Price:
Free
Savings:
100% off
Expiry:
January 24, 2019
Retailer:
Epic Games
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p ... finch/home

They are continuing to offer free games to promote their new store & game launcher. Another nice title! Ends January 24th.
Last edited by sixb0nes on Jan 10th, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PSN: sixb0nes
15 replies
Oct 6, 2018
8 posts
3 upvotes
This game is a real gem, well worth the play through!
Jan 14, 2010
113 posts
78 upvotes
So this title is free from Epic store, but you are forced to use Epic games launcher to play it... can't use Steam. Is that right?

(Sry, noob question)
[OP]
Apr 12, 2005
822 posts
4718 upvotes
braydng wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:35 pm
So this title is free from Epic store, but you are forced to use Epic games launcher to play it... can't use Steam. Is that right?

(Sry, noob question)
Correct. You need their launcher to play any of these freebies.
PSN: sixb0nes
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4831 posts
4000 upvotes
braydng wrote:

(Sry, noob question)
sixb0nes wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:38 pm
Once installed, you should be able to add a non-Steam game to your Steam library by pointing it at the install directory. It worked for me with Subnautica.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3338 posts
1861 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
braydng wrote:

(Sry, noob question)
Yes, Epic is trying to compete with Value and take away their customers. Their newest dirty trick is actually paying companies to put their game on Epic Store for a year contract like Satisfactory.
---
Jun 20, 2009
979 posts
282 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks OP! Not interested in another launcher but I've been eyeing this game in my Steam wishlist for a while. Guess I'll play then uninstall.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4888 posts
1640 upvotes
Canuckland
Really no one plays Fort nite here ?
Jul 25, 2018
502 posts
275 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
DealCanuck wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 4:59 pm
Really no one plays Fort nite here ?
What's Fortnite?
/s
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1061 posts
950 upvotes
sixb0nes wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:38 pm
You needed the launcher to install Subnautica, but it was DRM-free and could be moved to another directory after the install. I did this and it worked fine. This game could possibly be the same.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1061 posts
950 upvotes
kanechart wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 4:19 pm
Yes, Epic is trying to compete with Value and take away their customers. Their newest dirty trick is actually paying companies to put their game on Epic Store for a year contract like Satisfactory.
LOL newest dirty trick, I assume you're being cheeky? That trick has been around since forever, Xbox, PlayStation have it going still (COD exclusivity). Geez, NES and SEGA used to do things like that also.
Aug 19, 2004
738 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
I bought it on steam sale.

Great game. Playthrough is only a few hours but great story line and creative.

I liked it a lot more than Gone home. It's basically an art-piece interactive story.

Please be aware, if you have motion sickness with FPS games, they have an option to enable a "centre dot" for orientation that should help.

I didn't discover the option until after I finished the game.
Dec 31, 2016
58 posts
70 upvotes
People shouldn’t complain that Epic is bringing competition to valve which in turn will lower prices. Do people really want them to have a monopoly and charge whatever they feel like? Who cares if you have to install another launcher.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15961 posts
618 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
thanks added to library, now my library on epic consists of fortnite, subnautica, super meat boy and What Remains of Edith Finch. I only play fortnite so the rest are just collecting dust in the library. Have yet to have a huge untouched game library like stream but time will tell
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1061 posts
950 upvotes
Desna99 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 5:51 pm
People shouldn’t complain that Epic is bringing competition to valve which in turn will lower prices. Do people really want them to have a monopoly and charge whatever they feel like? Who cares if you have to install another launcher.
You wouldn't BELIEVE how many people complained when Subnautica was free. Its like Epic's attempt to be a competitor in a rich market somehow breaks the Laws of Humanity. People probably have the stupidest apps and obsolete drivers installed on their PC's, but another launcher? A Steam competitor offering free games? No sir, we won't stand for that!

I have the Launcher, and I simply disabled it from starting automatically when Windows starts. End of Drama,
I plan to add this game to my library, maybe never play it just like 60% of my Steam games, try not to get all OCD that its not alphabetically sorted as a part of my Steam library, or silently stew because there are no Steam achievements or trading cards associated with it. I'll just have to cope I guess?