Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Epson.ca

Home Cinema 3500 2D/3D Full HD 1080p 3LCD Projector - Refurbished

Dec 13, 2003
526 posts
436 upvotes

[Epson.ca] Home Cinema 3500 2D/3D Full HD 1080p 3LCD Projector - Refurbished

Deal Link:
Price:
$839
Savings:
25%
Retailer:
Epson.ca
More offers from Epson.ca
Epson updates their on sale refurbished daily (sometimes multiple time throughout the day).
This looks like a pretty good deal to me - it just got posted today.

Trying to decide between this one and the 2045 at $619
https://epson.ca/Clearance-Centre/Home- ... 1H709020-N

Thoughts?
14 replies
Dec 13, 2003
526 posts
436 upvotes
That was the 2040
Feb 7, 2009
34 posts
17 upvotes
I bought a refurbished peoject from epson less than a month ago. The project is dead on arrival and doesn't even turn on (well nobody knows how much effective life is remaining for the lamp on these refurbished ones). When I contact them to replace it they told me as mine was refurbished projector they dont have in stock and they dont know if they'll EVER have anything in stock. So I'm left with a projector that doesn't work and no one seems to feel they need to take any responsibility. My point is if you buy a refurbished project (most of them are discontinued) from epson and you expect beacause you have warranty, two years from now you get reasonable support from them if anything happens to your unit, you probably waiting to be disappointed. Based on my experience, I recommend not to invest $800 on a refurbished project from epson. If you get something cheap like the $470 a couple of weeks ago then maybe it's worth to go for it.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2003
1516 posts
907 upvotes
They sent you a DOA projector and wont refund it?

or are you just complaining that you cant get a working projector for that refurb price anymore since they dont have stock?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
EastCoast wrote: well nobody knows how much effective life is remaining for the lamp on these refurbished ones.
Epson replaces the lamps on their refurbished units with brand new ones, if your projector worked you would have been able verify.
So I'm left with a projector that doesn't work and no one seems to feel they need to take any responsibility.
If they can't offer a comparable replacement (usually they can't because how low these refurbs are) they will take it back for a full refund, it has been reported several times on these refurbished Epsons. If they refuse to refund you just open a dispute with your credit card issuer.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5408 posts
11430 upvotes
Ottawa
EastCoast wrote: I bought a refurbished peoject from epson less than a month ago. The project is dead on arrival and doesn't even turn on (well nobody knows how much effective life is remaining for the lamp on these refurbished ones). When I contact them to replace it they told me as mine was refurbished projector they dont have in stock and they dont know if they'll EVER have anything in stock. So I'm left with a projector that doesn't work and no one seems to feel they need to take any responsibility. My point is if you buy a refurbished project (most of them are discontinued) from epson and you expect beacause you have warranty, two years from now you get reasonable support from them if anything happens to your unit, you probably waiting to be disappointed. Based on my experience, I recommend not to invest $800 on a refurbished project from epson. If you get something cheap like the $470 a couple of weeks ago then maybe it's worth to go for it.
Whoa, this can't be true. You're saying they didn't take back DOA projector from you? They must, just escalate it.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
kups wrote: That was the 2040
Which is the 2045 minus wireless display adapter.
I would say go with the 3500 for higher contrast, lens shift and 2 bundled 3D glasses or wait for the 2040 to come back in stock (even at the regular $520 closeout price, its better deal than $620 for 2045).
Aug 20, 2011
284 posts
530 upvotes
Windsor, ON
kups wrote: Epson updates their on sale refurbished daily (sometimes multiple time throughout the day).
This looks like a pretty good deal to me - it just got posted today.

Trying to decide between this one and the 2045 at $619
https://epson.ca/Clearance-Centre/Home- ... 1H709020-N

Thoughts?
The Home Cinema 3500 - great projector, great price at $839. Paid $1125 for mine (refurbished) a couple of years back, still loving it. Projecting 120" on my basement wall. Great picture quality. Will be loving the Superbowl this weekend.
Dec 10, 2013
645 posts
47 upvotes
3500 owner,

I saw this in stock a couple of days ago, those of you interested in wireless capabilities, this may be better option to wait for.
https://epson.ca/Clearance-Centre/Home- ... 1H852020-N

Pros:
Its around the same price, has the same 3LCD chip as 3100/3500/3700 even though it is a "2000 series". Significant upgrade over 2040, 2045.
So effectively it produces a similar image to 3500 (contrast ratio 60000:1), for much cheaper replacement bulb price/life, and has wireless built in
seems mispriced since 2100 is at $999 (which has only 35000:1)

Cons:
It does not have horizontal lens shift. but it has the same vertical and same 1.6x zoom lens
does not come with 3d glasses
slightly noisier

Source:
The following european tw5650/(hc2150 usa) specifies mla d10 3lcd panels, same of the tw6700/hc3700/3100. 3lcd panels of the tw5350(hc2045) series are mla d9.
2150 spec sheet
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2005
1247 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
chike99 wrote: The Home Cinema 3500 - great projector, great price at $839. Paid $1125 for mine (refurbished) a couple of years back, still loving it. Projecting 120" on my basement wall. Great picture quality. Will be loving the Superbowl this weekend.
Can you recommend picture settings for this model?
Dec 13, 2003
526 posts
436 upvotes
I just went to purchase and now OOS....I guess I missed the boat on this one too..... Maybe prices in general will come down after Superbowl
Aug 13, 2006
894 posts
727 upvotes
Ottawa
kups wrote: I just went to purchase and now OOS....I guess I missed the boat on this one too..... Maybe prices in general will come down after Superbowl
There is site pricecase.com you can use to get notification when projector comes back in stock.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3228 posts
964 upvotes
Mississauga
EastCoast wrote: I bought a refurbished peoject from epson less than a month ago. The project is dead on arrival and doesn't even turn on (well nobody knows how much effective life is remaining for the lamp on these refurbished ones). When I contact them to replace it they told me as mine was refurbished projector they dont have in stock and they dont know if they'll EVER have anything in stock. So I'm left with a projector that doesn't work and no one seems to feel they need to take any responsibility. My point is if you buy a refurbished project (most of them are discontinued) from epson and you expect beacause you have warranty, two years from now you get reasonable support from them if anything happens to your unit, you probably waiting to be disappointed. Based on my experience, I recommend not to invest $800 on a refurbished project from epson. If you get something cheap like the $470 a couple of weeks ago then maybe it's worth to go for it.
if they won't refund you or exchange it, make a warranty claim. They should be able to make you whole in one way or another.

"Epson America, Inc. Limited Warranty
Two-Year Projector Limited Warranty and 90-Day Lamp Limited Warranty.
What Is Covered: Epson America, Inc. (“Epson”) warrants to the original retail purchaser
of the Epson projector product enclosed with this limited warranty statement that the
product, if purchased new and operated in the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico will
be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period of two (2) years from the
date of original purchase. This limited warranty applies only to the projector and not to
the projector lamp, which carries a limited warranty period of ninety (90) days from the
date of original purchase. For warranty service, you must provide proof of the date of
original purchase.
What Epson Will Do To Correct Problems: If your product requires service during
the limited warranty period, please call Epson at the number on the bottom of this
statement and be prepared to provide the model, serial number, and date of original
purchase. Epson will, at its option, repair or replace the defective unit, without charge
for parts or labor. If Epson authorizes an exchange for the defective unit, Epson will
ship a replacement product to you, freight prepaid, so long as you use an address in
the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico. You are responsible for securely packaging
the defective unit and returning it to Epson within five (5) working days of receipt of
the replacement. Epson requires a debit or a credit card number to secure the cost of
the replacement product in the event that you fail to return the defective one. If Epson
authorizes repair instead of exchange, Epson will direct you to send your product to
Epson or its authorized service center, where the product will be repaired and sent back
to you. You are responsible for packing the product and for all costs to and from the
Epson authorized service center. When warranty service involves the exchange of the
product or of a part, the item replaced becomes Epson property. The exchanged product
or part may be new or refurbished to the Epson standard of quality, and at Epson’s
option, the replacement may be another model of like kind and quality. Epson’s liability
for replacement of the covered product will not exceed the original retail selling price of
the covered product. Exchange or replacement products or parts assume the remaining
warranty period of the product covered by this limited warranty. If Epson replaces the
lamp as part of the warranty service, the replacement lamp carries the limited 90-day
warranty stated above.
What This Warranty Does Not Cover: This warranty covers only normal use in the United
States, Canada, or Puerto Rico. Excessive continual use is not considered normal use. This
warranty does not cover consumables such as filters. This warranty is not transferable.
Epson is not responsible for warranty service should the Epson label or logo or the
rating label or serial number be removed. Epson is not responsible for warranty service
should the product fail to be properly maintained or fail to function properly as a result
of misuse, abuse, improper installation, neglect, improper shipping, damage caused by
disasters such as fire, flood, and lightning, improper electrical current, software problems,
the use of non-Epson lamps, add-in cards or cables, interaction with non-Epson products,
or service other than by Epson or an Epson Authorized Servicer. Postage, insurance, or
shipping costs incurred in presenting your Epson product for carry-in warranty service are
your responsibility. Epson will pay for all freight charges if you choose to send your unit
to Epson for repair. If a claimed defect cannot be identified or reproduced in service, you
will be held responsible for costs incurred.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: THE WARRANTY "

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)