Personal Finance

The EQ Bank Savings Account thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2019 11:28 am
Apr 13, 2017
294 posts
53 upvotes
Got a call from eq earlier today that my transfer from simplii has to be reversed because information sent from simplii does not match eq.

But, I had already purchased gic Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes, immediately when funds came in. So, they said theyll allow this transaction as one time exception.

Simplii and eq just need to get their sh*t together.
Jul 25, 2008
859 posts
79 upvotes
Ottawa
I was reading their web page

200k per client fo4 GIC

interesting limit.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
14314 posts
6700 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
TransferWise + EQ Bank Savings Plus Account = The Solution To Sending Money Overseas
Every year, Canadians send billions of dollars overseas through international money transfers. Whether you’re travelling or sending money to your loved ones, that’s a lot of money and with it — a lot of fees and inconvenience.

But now there’s a better way!

TransferWise makes international money transfers fair, fast, and up to 8x cheaper than the competition. Learn more about using your EQ Bank Savings Plus Account to send money overseas quickly and cheaply.

Now that’s (international) Money Well Banked®!
For more info: Sending money to loved ones overseas shouldn’t be painful
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
1413 posts
615 upvotes
GTA
bylo wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 2:53 pm
TransferWise + EQ Bank Savings Plus Account = The Solution To Sending Money Overseas

For more info: Sending money to loved ones overseas shouldn’t be painful
I have tried to find the advantage of pairing EQ with Transferwise but did not. Please let me know if I missed something since I can add Transferwise to my Tangerine account if I recall correctly.
Here are some RFD articles if anyone is interested in what's discussed:
international-money-transfer-transferwise-2098872/
transferwise-borderless-account-now-ava ... a-2119894/
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
14314 posts
6700 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I wasn't aware that TING allowed payments to TW. In any case the more banks, including EQB that supports this the better. Thanks for the links to TW threads.
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Mar 7, 2008
48 posts
10 upvotes
Saskatchewan
I miss the 3.33% GIC for three months back in December 2018. Wish i got more of it....
Jun 23, 2017
452 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto, ON
THINKPOD wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 3:24 pm
I miss the 3.33% GIC for three months back in December 2018. Wish i got more of it....
me too. i completely missed it and could have really used it.
Mar 7, 2008
48 posts
10 upvotes
Saskatchewan
905P4N6 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 5:54 am
me too. i completely missed it and could have really used it.
Yup, it was really sweet, I put $30K in it for 3.33% for three months but later find out is was temporary~~