Personal Finance

The EQ Bank Personal Account thread - 2.50% (+1.50% direct deposit) - USD account is out: 3.00%

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 4:11 pm
Jun 24, 2015
137 posts
108 upvotes
North York, ON
angel_wing0 wrote: Got the $5, took only 2 weeks, much much faster than i thought!
Thanks for sharing, totally forgot about this :)
Jun 15, 2010
255 posts
51 upvotes
RedFlagDeals
Hey All, quick question. I understand that each EQ Savings Account allows for upto $200k per customer. My question is if we do a lot of deposits and withdrawals, is there a way to keep track of how much we've deposited to know if we've hit the 200k mark or do we just have to add our total deposits and subtract our withdrawals to know how much we've left to deposit into the account. Thanks
Apr 10, 2012
238 posts
135 upvotes
NEPEAN
How fast is the ETF transfer from EQ to banks such as Simplii?

E.g. if I send the ETF at 1PM for $2K, when do I expect to receive the fund in my Simplii account?
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
hXcellent wrote: How fast is the ETF transfer from EQ to banks such as Simplii?

E.g. if I send the ETF at 1PM for $2K, when do I expect to receive the fund in my Simplii account?
Troydabes wrote: I think it's two business days.
Usually the next business day. But there are case it will become two so Troy is also right there.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2017
1510 posts
1076 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hXcellent wrote: How fast is the ETF transfer from EQ to banks such as Simplii?

Would an Interac e-Transfer be quicker?
Sep 11, 2011
830 posts
568 upvotes
Alberta
Got this email back today after asking about joint accounts

"Thank you for contacting us.
EQ Bank does plan to implement joint accounts but as of right now there is no set date.
We are very appreciative of your business and hope that we may launch this soon for you and all the eager clients.

Sincerely,

EQ Bank Customer Support"
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
Looks like EQ is developing "a new online experience" (whatever that means) for RRSP and TFSA HISA/GIC and they are asking for testers...they really should just screw all that and just increase the rates.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
EQ Bank website down again?
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
LOL808 wrote: EQ Bank website down again?
Is correct.
Sometimes our website needs to be maintained, upgraded or fixed.
It shouldn’t take long, but if you require immediate assistance, please call our Customer Care Centre at 1-844-437-2265, we’ll be more than happy to assist you.

Thanks for your patience!
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2017
1510 posts
1076 upvotes
Toronto, ON
LOL808 wrote: EQ Bank website down again?
as at 3:17PM ET....Disappointed But Relieved Face

"Sometimes our website needs to be maintained, upgraded or fixed.
It shouldn’t take long, but if you require immediate assistance, please call our Customer Care Centre at 1-844-437-2265, we’ll be more than happy to assist you.

Thanks for your patience!"
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
905P4N6 wrote: as at 3:17PM ET....Disappointed But Relieved Face

"Sometimes our website needs to be maintained, upgraded or fixed.

Thanks for your patience!"
I just checked and its still down ...
wow, this has been quite a long outage ...

Hope it will come back online soon.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1876 posts
2285 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
LOL808 wrote: I just checked and its still down ...
wow, this has been quite a long outage ...

Hope it will come back online soon.
Yeah today has been longer maintenance than usual. Maybe we're getting some new features?!
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2781 posts
2300 upvotes
Winnipeg
aweawea wrote: Yeah today has been longer maintenance than usual. Maybe we're getting some new features?!
Yeah... All new... "a reliable website" lol
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
angel_wing0 wrote: Looks like it's back up now.

well, everything looks the same to me...lol
Maybe they've delivered something you can't see ... ?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2018
1136 posts
1570 upvotes
The Dawg Pound
I used my EQ account to Interac some money early last week. First time I've used Interac out of this account.

When I've made Interac transfers from other accounts, I always get a confirmation email after the fact telling me that the recipient has accepted my transfer.

However, in this case I never received such an email, but the amount has been deducted from my balance and the site also says there are no pending transfers.

Is this how the EQ site functions for Interac, no confirms?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2841 posts
3451 upvotes
Toronto
threadhead wrote: I used my EQ account to Interac some money early last week. First time I've used Interac out of this account.

When I've made Interac transfers from other accounts, I always get a confirmation email after the fact telling me that the recipient has accepted my transfer.

However, in this case I never received such an email, but the amount has been deducted from my balance and the site also says there are no pending transfers.

Is this how the EQ site functions for Interac, no confirms?
No, I don't think so, you should get a confirmation. Just yesterday I sent myself an Interac transfer from EQ and I got the email confirming that the payment was accepted. The email comes from Interac.

Is it possible that your recipient has auto accept? Maybe it sometimes doesn't give out confirmations if they are using an Interac auto accept feature.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2013
1328 posts
965 upvotes
Toronto
silverele wrote: No, I don't think so, you should get a confirmation. Just yesterday I sent myself an Interac transfer from EQ and I got the email confirming that the payment was accepted. The email comes from Interac.

Is it possible that your recipient has auto accept? Maybe it sometimes doesn't give out confirmations if they are using an Interac auto accept feature.
IIRC, EQ Bank doesn't support recipient auto-accept. It'll send a normal e-transfer.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)