• Dec 7th, 2017 12:12 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5322 posts
750 upvotes
Mont-Royal

Equifax - Homedepot Breach - 7 months free *Targeted*

If you signed up after the free homedepot equifax. You need a claim ID in the email.
We are the Claims Administrator for the Court-approved settlement in the Home Depot data breach class action in Canada (Lozanski v. Home Depot, et al.)

You are a Settlement Class Member in that lawsuit, and you submitted a Claim Form for free Credit Monitoring Services as a share of the class action settlement proceeds.

(If you did not file such a Claim Form, you may ignore this message.)

Your Claim for Credit Monitoring Services has been accepted, and this message provides you with the necessary information to register to receive that Service, at no cost to you.

The credit monitoring service provider is Equifax Canada, and the link below describes the coverage details for the “Complete Advantage” subscription package to which you are entitled:

http://www.consumer.equifax.ca/advantage-ca/en_ca

To begin receiving coverage, and to receive reimbursement for the cost of coverage, you must complete two steps.

First, you must sign up with Equifax and create an account. You will be asked to provide your credit card information when you sign up. Equifax will immediately charge your card $16.95 for the first month of the “Complete Advantage” subscription coverage. You can sign up by accessing this link:

https://www.econsumer.equifax.ca/canada ... code=en_ca

Second, you must then provide us, as the Claims Administrator, with proof of registration/payment (e.g. credit card statement, or receipt, showing the Equifax charge), as follows:

1. download the Reimbursement Form available at http://www.canadahomedepotdatabreachsettlement.com/ and print it out.

2. Fill out the form with your name and address and the unique Claim ID that was assigned to you. This number can be found at the top of this email.

3. Attach your proof of registration (your credit card statement or receipt) to the Reimbursement Form and mail them both to:

Home Depot Breach Canada
PO Box 4454
Toronto Station A 25 The Esplanade
Toronto, ON M5W 4B1

You must provide us with that proper documentation so that we receive it by June 23, 2017. Letters received after that date will not be processed.

Upon receipt of the proper documentation, we will mail you a cheque for the cost of coverage for the first month, plus an additional 6 (six) months (at $16.95/month). The commitment by Home Depot to fund coverage for 7 months for all approved claimants for Credit Monitoring Service – rather than 6 months coverage – exceeds its responsibilities under the Court Order approving the settlement of the class action.

Please note: when you register for the Equifax Complete Advantage subscription service, you will be authorizing Equifax to make an automatic charge to your credit card for $16.95 every month, unless you cancel your subscription by calling Equifax at1-800-871-3250, 8am - 12am EST. Please ensure that you properly cancel coverage prior to the end of the 7th month, or you assume sole responsibility (not Home Depot) for the ongoing monthly payments for the Complete Advantage Service. For instance, if you activate your subscription on June 1, 2017, you must phone Equifax and cancel your subscription prior to December 31, 2017 or you, and not Home Depot, will assume the cost of the service thereafter.
Cost stamp: 0.85$
Cost print 3 papers and ink: 0.03$
Cost envelop: Steal from work.
But your credit card rewards cash back might offset the cost.
Last edited by L4cky on May 24th, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
89 replies
Jan 16, 2017
68 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Yes, I just got this email
Dec 18, 2015
9 posts
6 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
Got this email too. Currently have a year free, can't remember how. Seems like a lot of work to get reimbursed ...
Feb 18, 2013
700 posts
1338 upvotes
cantaffordretail wrote:
May 24th, 2017 11:07 pm
Got this email too. Currently have a year free, can't remember how. Seems like a lot of work to get reimbursed ...
I'm still running on my GetYourShare credit union breach.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1784 posts
179 upvotes
Got the email too. Will signup. They need to get the forms within next 30 days though. Also they will send cheque for 7 months together. What if you cancel before that ?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
3767 posts
537 upvotes
Kitchener
How do I get the email?
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1141 posts
217 upvotes
Last time they just gave me a promo code. This time they make you pay and claim it back, too much trouble.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1740 posts
272 upvotes
Somewhere Out There
Got the email too but i will pass this time
I dont want to pay then get reimbursed
I got the two years free anyway
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
2299 posts
1175 upvotes
L4cky wrote:
May 24th, 2017 10:24 pm
Cost envelop: Steal from work.
Now that's a dedicated true RFDer :lol:
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2016
2299 posts
1175 upvotes
jg123 wrote:
May 24th, 2017 11:35 pm
Last time they just gave me a promo code. This time they make you pay and claim it back, too much trouble.
All they want is to see the charge for the first month. So cancel after first month, that's what I'm going to do.
Still a free 16.95 x 6 = 101.70
Feb 27, 2015
78 posts
39 upvotes
Newcastle, ON
Does Equifax give a receipt? Seems unreasonable that they give less than a month to send in a credit card statement, some people may not get their statement until after the deadline.
Apr 21, 2009
858 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto
I had the 1 year free from the home depot breach, was awesome.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1304 posts
172 upvotes
john2922222 wrote:
May 25th, 2017 12:57 am
Does Equifax give a receipt? Seems unreasonable that they give less than a month to send in a credit card statement, some people may not get their statement until after the deadline.
Equifax sends you an email confirmation of sign up, but I don't know if it would count as a receipt. You can also go into your order history on the site and see that it has been paid for, how much, when, and with what credit card. That would seem more like a receipt, but I'm not sure they'd accept that either.

You can always print your statement off from the website. I guess some of my cards don't let you view your statement unless you subscribe to online billing, but the one I used to pay lets you access online statements regardless.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1784 posts
179 upvotes
caveat_emptor wrote:
May 24th, 2017 11:38 pm
Got the email too but i will pass this time
I dont want to pay then get reimbursed
I got the two years free anyway
How did you get the 2 years free ?
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12532 posts
4053 upvotes
Oakville
I got this email too. Nice that they make it a huge hassle to sign up, to limit the number of people that will take advantage of it. I wonder if the law firm keeps all the leftover cash from people that don't take advantage of it. I'll still give it a try though.
Public Mobile