• Dec 7th, 2017 12:12 pm
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12533 posts
4053 upvotes
Oakville
dogbolter wrote:
May 30th, 2017 1:31 pm
I am on the fence on this....really don't want to sign up and not get reimbursed for some reason.
Worse case scenario is you're out $17 for a month of service. And you can go and obsess about your credit score every day for a month if you want. :P
Public Mobile
Aug 11, 2011
79 posts
31 upvotes
RICHMOND
Anyone received their reimbursement yet? I've already paid $16.95 x 2, have yet to receive the cheque after sending in all the proper documentation.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5333 posts
755 upvotes
Mont-Royal
pricegrabber wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 9:28 pm
Anyone received their reimbursement yet? I've already paid $16.95 x 2, have yet to receive the cheque after sending in all the proper documentation.
Same here. We are on the same boat. No updates or whatsoever.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Nov 22, 2012
248 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Waiting for a response as well, and not sure how long it would take...
L4cky wrote:
Jun 26th, 2017 11:33 pm
Same here. We are on the same boat. No updates or whatsoever.
Aug 11, 2011
79 posts
31 upvotes
RICHMOND
frankbug wrote:
Jun 27th, 2017 10:30 pm
Waiting for a response as well, and not sure how long it would take...
Our first impression of this deal - where we'd receive seven month's worth of fees immediately, seemed awfully exploitable. Maybe we won't receive it right away - hopefully I'm wrong though.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5333 posts
755 upvotes
Mont-Royal
still no answer and but it's ok, we are busy with amazon prime days lol
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Sep 28, 2010
59 posts
31 upvotes
southern Ontario
One month since sending in paperwork and still no response.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2543 posts
1138 upvotes
Calgaryish
Unless you *really* need it, cancel your Equifax service after the first month. The settlement law firm doesn't have access to your Equifax account to confirm that you have a subscription (that's why they ask for a receipt to confirm that you started the service).

The objective here is to receive a cheque for $118.65 after paying only $16.95 to Equifax.

It will probably take a month or two to process claims and issue cheques -- the class action firm's goal is to maximize profit for themselves, so they will use the smallest team possible and hold onto the settlement funds as long as they can. They will also seek to disqualify as many claims as possible for minor errors.
Dec 31, 2013
675 posts
311 upvotes
condo
Haven't received any follow-up from KCC, nor email communication, nor cheque yet. VERY disappointed in the administration of this by the law firm KCC (Kurtzman Carson Consultants)... Guess they've received their cut / payout and forgot about the consumers that they are suppose to be representing.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5333 posts
755 upvotes
Mont-Royal
tmonies wrote:
Jul 19th, 2017 4:26 pm
Haven't received any follow-up from KCC, nor email communication, nor cheque yet. VERY disappointed in the administration of this by the law firm KCC (Kurtzman Carson Consultants)... Guess they've received their cut / payout and forgot about the consumers that they are suppose to be representing.
I agree. We should file a lawsuit against them
- Training 101
Oct 3, 2013
263 posts
155 upvotes
BC
retrothing wrote:
Jul 19th, 2017 12:04 pm
Unless you *really* need it, cancel your Equifax service after the first month. The settlement law firm doesn't have access to your Equifax account to confirm that you have a subscription (that's why they ask for a receipt to confirm that you started the service).

The objective here is to receive a cheque for $118.65 after paying only $16.95 to Equifax.

It will probably take a month or two to process claims and issue cheques -- the class action firm's goal is to maximize profit for themselves, so they will use the smallest team possible and hold onto the settlement funds as long as they can. They will also seek to disqualify as many claims as possible for minor errors.
I agree and followed suit. Something just felt a little off with how little correspondence there's been and the lack of contact information to follow-up. There were glaring errors on the form as well that were missed when converting the claim form from the US version as well (i.e. missing boxes for claim numbers, postal code vs. zip code, etc.).

I would not be surprised one bit if I never hear back from them, and to be honest I do regret submitting the form despite being legitimately impacted (I guess, potentially impacted might be more suitable) by the breach. The potential compensation is not worth the uncertainty/shadiness, IMO.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5333 posts
755 upvotes
Mont-Royal
where do we click to cancel the subscription???
- Training 101
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12533 posts
4053 upvotes
Oakville
L4cky wrote:
Jul 19th, 2017 10:42 pm
where do we click to cancel the subscription???
They don't offer an option to cancel online. You have to call.
Public Mobile
May 4, 2017
21 posts
5 upvotes
I got a cheque for $30 RE: Canada Home Depot Data Breach Settlement showing my ClaimID and date of 06/15/2017 and note indicating Void after 9/13/2017 as an expiry date for the cheque. WTF! I thought we're supposed to receive 6 months or whatever subscription of $16.95/month plus HST? This is a fraud committed by this law firm.
Oct 3, 2013
263 posts
155 upvotes
BC
GoldenKnight wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2017 3:56 am
I got a cheque for $30 RE: Canada Home Depot Data Breach Settlement showing my ClaimID and date of 06/15/2017 and note indicating Void after 9/13/2017 as an expiry date for the cheque. WTF! I thought we're supposed to receive 6 months or whatever subscription of $16.95/month plus HST? This is a fraud committed by this law firm.
Well, I guess at least you're ahead of the rest of the lot since we've received $0, thus far... but you are correct. Total should be $118.65 by my calculations.

From the e-mail:
Upon receipt of the proper documentation, we will mail you a cheque for the cost of coverage  for the first month, plus an additional 6 (six) months (at $16.95/month).
And of course... nobody to contact for answers!