• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 12:12 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
5905 posts
344 upvotes
Octavius wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 10:55 pm
Still no cheque for me yet (super frustrating).

I called Equifax to cancel. I told them it was too expensive. They offered to reduce my monthly payment by 50% if I didn't cancel.

We just bought a house, and the mortgage hasn't shown up on my credit report yet. I'm also still churning MBNA 0% BT MC's. Given the price drop and the (possible) refund coming from the Home Depot Data Breach settlement, I opted to keep the service at the reduced price for at least a couple months to see what my credit score looks like after all my recent life events settle and get reported.

If I get a cheque from the settlement, great, if not, then at least I'm not paying full price for the service and I'll be cancelling this service in a few months.
Still no cheque for me. It's been 3 1/2 months since I mailed my stuff in. I haven't heard ANYTHING from ANYONE about this.

My mortgage finally showed up on my credit report and I re-ran it and got my new score reflecting that mortgage.

If I had heard SOMETHING from SOMEONE about my submission, even just an email of "hey, we got your submission and are processing it", then I'd keep the service. However, at this point, I'm skeptical the cheque will be forthcoming anytime soon. My guess is, if we get the cheques at all, it'll be in January/February.

Due to the silence of the claims administrator to date (both to me and all other RFD members it seems) I've cancelled my service. If I get a cheque in the mail for this, great. If not, then I spent ~$50 for a few months of credit monitoring and I cut my losses.
May 27, 2007
37 posts
8 upvotes
British Columbia
Octavius wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 2:51 pm
Still no cheque for me. It's been 3 1/2 months since I mailed my stuff in. I haven't heard ANYTHING from ANYONE about this.

My mortgage finally showed up on my credit report and I re-ran it and got my new score reflecting that mortgage.

If I had heard SOMETHING from SOMEONE about my submission, even just an email of "hey, we got your submission and are processing it", then I'd keep the service. However, at this point, I'm skeptical the cheque will be forthcoming anytime soon. My guess is, if we get the cheques at all, it'll be in January/February.

Due to the silence of the claims administrator to date (both to me and all other RFD members it seems) I've cancelled my service. If I get a cheque in the mail for this, great. If not, then I spent ~$50 for a few months of credit monitoring and I cut my losses.
I emailed the plaintiff lawyer shown in an earlier post last week but haven't heard back. I'm going to hang in for another month and see what happens with the latest Equifax debacle, then follow your lead and cancel.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5349 posts
760 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Yep still nothing here.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5349 posts
760 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Yep still nothing here.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1530 posts
111 upvotes
Scarborough
Just cancelled today as well... will keep an eye on this thread and post if I ever do get a cheque
----------------------------------------------------------------
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5349 posts
760 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Nice. Did u cancel? Complain?
- Training 101
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5349 posts
760 upvotes
Mont-Royal
- Training 101
Mar 15, 2003
629 posts
120 upvotes
L4cky wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 9:21 pm
Nope didn't complain, cancelled after first month, chq was dated Sept 8, so you should get it soon.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1530 posts
111 upvotes
Scarborough
Got my cheque too
----------------------------------------------------------------
Nov 22, 2012
248 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
cheque received as well. Worth the trouble and wait? Thanks to OP anyways