Expired Hot Deals

[Equifax] FREE Equifax one year TrustedID Premier service (US Citizens)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2017 10:53 am
Tags:
None
Oct 14, 2015
130 posts
64 upvotes
Halifax, NS
ROYinTO wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 4:40 pm
I checked earlier and got an enrollment date. When i look at the site https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/enroll/
it has two options Begin Enrollment and Continue Enrollment.

I'm thinking that if I only chose "Begin Enrollment", I have not given up on any potential for a class action suit or anything else. What do you think?
Sadly no, if you checked your rights are compromised. ( that's if thier terms of service don't get ruled invalid - many lawsuits pending )

see fine print ...

Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2003
4764 posts
586 upvotes
GVR
If you sign up through the link provided in the OP, you're not only giving up some of the rights to sue...but you're also indicating that you are a likely victim. (i.e. this creates another data pool to future hacks.)
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1347 posts
175 upvotes
Vancouver
bigdukesixer wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 7:04 pm
Yep agreed ... it's a full-blown-sh@t-show.
click and they get away with it.

So to put things in perspective - merely checking if you are compromised does not 'waive your right' to arbitration, aka you are not waiving your right to sue or become part of an action.
However, if you continue with the Enroll, you are expressly waiving your right to arbitration as set out in the Terms of Use.

I hope this is how it is set up, as merely checking if you are compromised should not waive your right to arbitration/participate in an action against Equifax.
Jan 8, 2012
340 posts
100 upvotes
Williams Lake
So in order to figure out if I've been impacted by this, I have to give them information that will then be susceptible to exposure in any potential future breach?

Or does this breach only apply to those who have signed up for Equifax services of some sort?
Jun 10, 2016
61 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
Thank You
Based on the information provided, we believe that your personal information may have been impacted by this incident.

Click the button below to continue your enrollment in TrustedID Premier.

Enroll

For more information visit the FAQ page.

will enroll myself and wifey on 9/13 :)
Jan 26, 2017
36 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver
Just checked equifaxsecurity2017.com and this is their latest update (September 8):
We understand that some consumers are experiencing difficulties getting the answers and support they need through our website and call center. Ramping up the website and call center to handle the anticipated volume is ongoing and we are focused on making improvements as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this process has created.

Thus far today, we’ve made the following adjustments:

1). YOU CAN DETERMINE YOUR STATUS IMMEDIATELY
Some consumers who visited the website soon after its launch failed to receive confirmation clarifying whether or not they were potentially impacted. That issue is now resolved, and we encourage those consumers to revisit the site to receive a response that clarifies their status.

2). NO WAIVER OF RIGHTS FOR THIS CYBER SECURITY INCIDENT
In response to consumer inquiries, we have made it clear that the arbitration clause and class action waiver included in the Equifax and TrustedID Premier terms of use does not apply to this cybersecurity incident.

3). EXPANDED OUR CALL CENTER
We have tripled our call center team to over 2000 agents and continue to add agents.

Our goal is to make this process as convenient and consistent as possible. We will continue to identify steps to improve this process.

And we will continue as well to listen to your comments and suggestions.
According to number 2, you won't waive your rights for class action lawsuit.
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2943 posts
186 upvotes
HRhater wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 5:48 pm
i regret using them through the Home Depot promo for free services a few years back.. should have known better to use a shady company with shady executives selling off shares a few days after.
I am not sure shady company. There are only 3 or 4 companies like this in the world. All big corporations, lenders, banks, Telcos use these companies. Yes and there are awlays some bad apples and these executives will be investigated. Remember even Mark CUban
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
May 7, 2017
281 posts
119 upvotes
you guys are acting like you will be millionaires from a potential lawsuit. you will barely see anything
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1798 posts
124 upvotes
Guelph
Forgive me if this has already been discussed or if I'm misinformed, but isn't Equifax themselves offering one year free to anyone affected?
Jul 11, 2011
833 posts
484 upvotes
Ontario
BeanFinn wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 8:06 pm
you guys are acting like you will be millionaires from a potential lawsuit. you will barely see anything
Damn it, I want my $12 check and I want it now!!!!!!!!! :)
Oct 18, 2012
192 posts
192 upvotes
OTTAWA
dtm252535 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 8:07 pm
Forgive me if this has already been discussed or if I'm misinformed, but isn't Equifax themselves offering one year free to anyone affected?
Only for the U.S as a majority of the people affected are U.S citizens. I wouldn't touch anything right now in terms of enrolling or checking to see if you have been breached. It wouldn't do any good and just wait for the Canadian side of the news to come to decide on what to do.

Unless you have stock in the company, I would sell it because I would expect the stock to drop a bit more.
Oct 18, 2012
192 posts
192 upvotes
OTTAWA
hebsie wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 8:09 pm
Damn it, I want my $12 check and I want it now!!!!!!!!! :)
I think there is a 70 billion dollar class action lawsuit filed in the USA. That's about $400 ish dollars for each individual if all 143 million individuals were citizens of the USA. Lmao.
Jul 6, 2008
360 posts
37 upvotes
Montreal
SquareCube wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 8:20 pm
I think there is a 70 billion dollar class action lawsuit filed in the USA. That's about $400 ish dollars for each individual if all 143 million individuals were citizens of the USA. Lmao.
In the end it's not even about the 400$ (which is nothing in the grand scheme of things), but the total amount they will have to pay... and that hopefully security will be taken more seriously.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)