Expired Hot Deals

[Equifax] FREE Equifax one year TrustedID Premier service (US Citizens)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2017 10:53 am
Tags:
None
Jul 11, 2011
833 posts
484 upvotes
Ontario
SquareCube wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 8:20 pm
I think there is a 70 billion dollar class action lawsuit filed in the USA. That's about $400 ish dollars for each individual if all 143 million individuals were citizens of the USA. Lmao.
70 billion minus legal fees of course, so yeah, stand in line for that $12 check!
Sep 18, 2010
74 posts
24 upvotes
Not a hot deal. Opposite of hot. You will not be able to get in on any class action lawsuits
Oct 18, 2012
192 posts
192 upvotes
OTTAWA
hebsie wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 8:24 pm
70 billion minus legal fees of course, so yeah, stand in line for that $12 check!
lol $68 billion dollar legal fee? Man, should of went into lawyer school.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
1313 posts
759 upvotes
Calgary
[quote=chadw01
So does this mean someone knew about this breach 1-2 weeks ago before it hit the mainstream press?
[/quote]

They knew about it at the end of July. Before this was disclosed, some company employees sold over $1million of stock.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2003
4764 posts
586 upvotes
GVR
FatWallet wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 8:36 pm
[quote=chadw01
So does this mean someone knew about this breach 1-2 weeks ago before it hit the mainstream press?
They knew about it at the end of July. Before this was disclosed, some company employees sold over $1million of stock.
[/quote]

"Gamble sold more than 13 percent of his stake in Equifax. Loughran sold 9 percent of his holdings and Ploder disposed of 4 percent."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... cyber-hack
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1161 posts
117 upvotes
Logtown
chatbox wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 8:41 pm
"Gamble sold more than 13 percent of his stake in Equifax. Loughran sold 9 percent of his holdings and Ploder disposed of 4 percent."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... cyber-hack
The very definition of insider trading.

What's sad is the worst I expect to happen to these guys is being tossed from the board.

I'd be thrilled if they even saw one day in jail.
Oct 14, 2015
130 posts
64 upvotes
Halifax, NS
LawSuits, Lawsuits, LawSuits ....

with all respect to Dave Chapelle.

I'm rich biatch!

Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2255 posts
276 upvotes
Burlington
Ziggy007 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 4:25 pm

The SEC has to be getting ready to drop a record fine on this company for this one...
And affected consumers will see...$0
Free Nortel tips and tricks blog, as well as second opinion on a move to VoIP (for my RFD friends).
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2269 posts
383 upvotes
Vancouver
kew520 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 4:19 pm
Do you need to have a credit card to get this alert? I dont have Credit card with CIBC, and I dont see this type of alert under 'Manage my Alert'-> 'Fraud Prevention Alert'
Looks like you require a card. But hey, check it out.

Manage My Alerts
- Optional Alerts
-- Credit Card Activity
--- CIBC CreditSmart
---- check box. My credit report has changed
Oct 12, 2011
380 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
Started getting targeted spam emails and also people forwarding scam links all over the place.

Thanks EquiFax.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2234 posts
775 upvotes
QC, Canada
AforApple wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 11:29 am
Started getting targeted spam emails and also people forwarding scam links all over the place.

Thanks EquiFax.
what should worry you is not getting spam emails... but getting all of your personal infos stolen, house sold without even you knowing, fews credit cards account opened without your consent, having to confirm by call every single things you buy online, getting refused randomly at the store when using your CC because you need to call to confirm it's really you. The spammy emails are the least of your concern if you got all of your infos stolen
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2269 posts
383 upvotes
Vancouver
koontzy wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 11:40 am
having to confirm by call every single things you buy online,
I am guessing some online outfits would not bother to call but instead reject the order. This will be heart-breaking especially during US Thanksgiving sale.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2003
4764 posts
586 upvotes
GVR
stray_tachyon wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 1:10 am
The Americans have the ability to do a "security freeze" on their credit reports (no one can access their credit reports, thus no new credit): https://arstechnica.com/information-tec ... -now-what/

Yet we don't have that ability here in Canada. Please write to your MPs and Bill Morneau to change that

Thanks
IMO, just because the US can carry out a security credit freeze, it doesn't mean it's a good solution to follow. Essentially, this whole thing with the breach is an issue because the identity proofing process only requires static immutable personal data. Regulations and processes should be improved such that mutable/transactional personal information is used, or improve the identity proofing criteria / process overall.

(i.e. security credit freeze is just a temporary patch on a existing insufficiently secure process)
Last edited by chatbox on Sep 10th, 2017 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.