• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2010 6:39 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 10, 2007
310 posts
9 upvotes

Equifax should be demolished.

I ordered my equifax fax report online and noticed the months reviewed does not correspond to when the account was opened, ie CC acct opened in Mar 2004, the number of month reviewed 3. To add a cherry on top of everything I have 2 collection accts that aren't mines. Both are Rogers Cable and Rogers Wireless sent to IQOR collection agency.

I called Rogers accts receivable dept and she prompted me to call IQOR myself. I called IQOR and the account info does not match my info. They told me to call Rogers Lost and Prevention, which I did. The accounts have the same last names as me and that is the only thing that is common.

I called Equifax and noticed right away that they have a Filipino accent, which I can tell because I'm Filipino myself. I tell them my situation and asked them why does it say 3 months reviewed when the account was opened in Mar 2004. She said the system resets and that it is not months reviewed, it is times reviewed. I'm ****ing confused and don't understand what is going on. I can't stand when CSR depts are being outsourced.

The bottom line is, we have to correct any mistakes in our credit report, when Equifax should take the precaution to make sure that any inquiries or changes is correct via SIN and not by the names.

What is the point of Banks using Credit Bureaus when they can't get the simplest thing right?
3 replies
Feb 20, 2007
64 posts
1 upvote
same thing happened to me..collection item with same name, wrong birthday, address, and everything else. Took 2 months or so before they mailed me to let me know it was cleared up.

They told me to call the company involved, and I did, and they confirmed it wasn't me, but I couldn't do anything except launch an official inquiry with Equifax (I spent a long time on the phone that day). The mailing 2 months later was their only contact with me after I contacted them about the error.

I too was very irritated..
Nov 14, 2009
234 posts
54 upvotes
I've had the same thing happen with a rogers account showing up in my name on my credit file, I just called rogers and started a fraud investigation and it was removed from my credit report in about a month. Was an easy process for me, hopefully it goes smoothly for you as well.