• Dec 12th, 2012 4:33 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
4674 posts
147 upvotes

eShine.ca 12 days of Christmas sale

Just got their email about the sale. It says sales start 12:01 tonight but price is effective now. Same free shipping over $150 applies. Some good deals to be had.

Has anyone used Aquapel Glass Treatment & Rain Repellent? Is it really better than nothing at all? Is there expiry date on such product? 12 pack is good deal and it will last a few years.

LINK.
75 replies
Jul 9, 2008
201 posts
59 upvotes
jtcb wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 11:55 am
Just got their email about the sale. It says sales start 12:01 tonight but price is effective now. Same free shipping over $150 applies. Some good deals to be had.

Has anyone used Aquapel Glass Treatment & Rain Repellent? Is it really better than nothing at all? Is there expiry date on such product? 12 pack is good deal and it will last a few years.

LINK.
Aquapel is really amazing; this stuff will last you an entire year on your windshields WHILE using wiper blades; you really can't argue with that. There shows no sign of degradation until maybe the last 2 months? But otherwise performance is consistent. Not sure if there's an expiration date but I'm sure they last 2years+ in package since I bought a couple more than a year ago and just applied the rest of mine after having these worn off
Sep 10, 2008
229 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver
Aquapel is quite expensive compared to Rain-x. Is it worth the price difference?
Jul 9, 2008
201 posts
59 upvotes
trilobites wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 1:56 pm
Aquapel is quite expensive compared to Rain-x. Is it worth the price difference?
Definitely!
RainX only lasts about 2 weeks, and so needs to be constantly reapplied. Also it sues silicone, so if you ever need to get your glass repaired or something it becomes a complete pain or a body shop and may charge you more.
BUT i will say this; rainX causes rain to fall off at slightly lower speeds; i.e. its a slightly better water repellent, but the inclusion of silicones and durability (definitely durability) is worth it to switch to aquapel. You need 4 of them for a car; 1 for front windshield, 1 for back, and 1 for each of the sides, so definitely try jumping on this deal; it's a fantastic one, and guaranteed not to let you down.
Jun 19, 2009
731 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
12 pack is a lot when aquapel is so effective and it has a limited shelf life of 1-2 years from what I gather on Google/Amazon/Autopia. I've read some posts saying they crystalize in the unbroken vials even if kept properly. I'll have to inspect the ones I've had sitting around for almost a year now to see how they're holding up.
Jul 10, 2003
468 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
I'd be happy to split a pack of Aquapel if anyone is ordering from eShine and deems it too many vials to keep. Let me know. I don't need a full pack and getting dinged for shipping isn't worth it for me.
Jul 20, 2005
758 posts
23 upvotes
ironchefff wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 8:07 pm
I'd be happy to split a pack of Aquapel if anyone is ordering from eShine and deems it too many vials to keep. Let me know. I don't need a full pack and getting dinged for shipping isn't worth it for me.

Im willing to split a pack whoever lives at East York or can meet up St. George Stn. area let me know...
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1279 posts
254 upvotes
BTW those drying towels are amazing .. probably going to buy a set and some detailing clay.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
10200 posts
1058 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
$51 after 40% off? God damn it's expensive...
Feb 28, 2005
98 posts
1 upvote
Do they use this stuff on new cars? what about detailing shops?
Jul 9, 2008
201 posts
59 upvotes
Crap... well I guess I'm out on aquapel <_< although mine have lasted more than a year on the shelf, I still got 6 more left, and if they aren't going to last much longer I think buying 12 is out of the question when I still got 6 left
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3096 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
juvenile_uc wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 11:05 pm
Do they use this stuff on new cars?
Depends if you negotiate or pay for it when buying the car

You can put it on whenever

I know Toyota dealership sells it
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
6910 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
echlon wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 10:26 pm
BTW those drying towels are amazing .. probably going to buy a set and some detailing clay.
Get the Ricardo yellow 3 pack it works well
× < >