• Dec 12th, 2012 4:33 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3388 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
Have anyone tried the Cookie Monster towels or El Cheapo Microfiber towels? I want to know if their worth buying.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3096 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
Tried both and have both

Depends on what task you're trying to do with the towel

Edit: my order is going in pending payment from 1 person who is on the road. Once received, it gets submitted, last call.
Selling My Detailing Supplies (Zymol Wash Sponge, Foam Cannon, Foam Gun):
car-detailing-products-nothing-otc-1172338/
Attentiv To Detailz - Car Detailing Review Thread:
attentiv-detailz-car-detailing-review-1129315/
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
527 upvotes
Matryx wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 7:21 pm
Make sure to get Stoner IG at Home Depot. They carry it for only $3.99 for the same size that CT is selling for $8.99. It's also cheaper than getting it on eshine.ca
you can price match CT with HD price and get the difference in CT money. :)
Sep 30, 2001
25601 posts
4754 upvotes
boredstudent3 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 6:59 pm
is the car brand new?
It's now 4 years old. so new-ish?
how much did you use? less is more, don't hose down the glass with the product, and you need to buff it dry.
it's probably been a year since i used it. i don't think i used a whole lot, but maybe i over sprayed. no I didn't apply water. i waited then used a microfiber cloth to wipe it off.
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1157 upvotes
MrDisco wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 6:39 pm
you know i think it was the Stoner spray that gave me the haze to begin with. i'm a noob at this and i probably screwed it up somehow. is there something that will remove that if need be?
This worked great in my car on the inside of the windshield and back window:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4 ... ?locale=en

I applied it with just a regular microfibre cloth. It's amazing how much difference there is between the cleaned glass and the uncleaned edges where I couldn't reach (this time around).

There are more reviews at http://www.amazon.com/Autoglym-Car-Glas ... ewpoints=1
These folks have taken over RFD, so I'm done here.

Mutu qabla an tamutu
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3388 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
You can also try Meguiar's Ultimate Polish. It's a bit more expensive though.

I was at Home Depot today and saw that the Stoner IG was priced at $4.79. Price might differ from store to store but it's still cheaper than CT.
Feb 24, 2008
606 posts
15 upvotes
MrDisco wrote:
Dec 6th, 2012 4:30 pm
i'm looking to purchase some of these sale items, but i need advice on what products are recommended to get my glass crystal clear? the front windshield has this bad haze which makes night driving difficult (lots of glare, etc). i need a cleaner that will clean that gunk off, the right applicator, drying clothes, and rain treatment products.
Don't know about these highfalutin glass formula, but you can always try some common solvents like rubbing alcohol (isopropanol), or acetone (you need some metal container for acetone as it will soften many plastics; protect your hands from drying out: PVC (vinyl) gloves will melt (acetone actually used to cement PVC pipes in plumbing), you need natural rubber (latex) or nitrile rubber gloves).
Neither is extremely toxic, but both can catch fire, and fumes can be irritating (use with good ventilation).
Dec 8, 2009
510 posts
84 upvotes
I'm in Brampton at this moment and willing to split half ( including shipping + tax ). PM me please.
ironchefff wrote:
Dec 1st, 2012 8:07 pm
I'd be happy to split a pack of Aquapel if anyone is ordering from eShine and deems it too many vials to keep. Let me know. I don't need a full pack and getting dinged for shipping isn't worth it for me.
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
527 upvotes
boredstudent3 wrote:
Dec 9th, 2012 3:54 pm
^ what did you buy? :)
two X 12 of those aquapel packages, and some other stuff i don't recall.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17602 posts
732 upvotes
Brampton
I wanted some cookie monster drying towels but being forced to buy a 12 pack is just idiotic
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
6610 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
duckdown wrote:
Dec 10th, 2012 12:35 pm
I wanted some cookie monster drying towels but being forced to buy a 12 pack is just idiotic
If u are around scarbourgh Markham area. I have ordered a 12 pack and can sell u 4 if u want.
× < >