Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
6911 posts
224 upvotes
Port Moody

Essential PH2? I say let's hope so!!

Well there is a little buzz on a few websites of the Essential PH2 possibly showing up at some point in the future as it has been added to some carrier logs. Doesn't appear it will be an actual phone but more along the lines of an Ai assistant.

I hope we do see something from Essential as I have enjoyed my PH1 and have no need to upgrade any time soon. Sure it may not be the best or fastest but the camera is now good enough and I just love it's size and build/ finish. I am fine with any quirks it may have as no device is perfect.

What are your thoughts as I did not see any post on this topic? It definitely is a great concept but can it really work well, I guess we will have to wait and see. All I am looking for is others interested in this not creating a thread that goes into all the better phones out there....

https://www.slashgear.com/essential-pho ... -04564575/
8 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
17195 posts
5613 upvotes
Toronto
At the original release price for the PH-1, no thank you. At the Koodo medium tab price, it is a solid buy. If there is a PH-2 and it comes in at the same medium tab price, I am in.
Koodo $35/5GB and $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo $120/12GB/90 days
Fido $7.50/3GB+tablet
Rogers $25 500U home internet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2018
1115 posts
729 upvotes
SFO <==> YYZ
+1

There are no bad products, just bad pricing.
Jan 13, 2017
275 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
My Essential was a solid phone, until i updated it to Pie. Every problems started to surface (ghost touch, screen jitter, reception, battery drain etc.) and became worst with each update. I hope Essential would take their time and optimize updates for their phone, timely update is a moot point to me since i had to stay on Oreo for the phone to be useable.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
6347 posts
5006 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
I alomost thought this post was from a year ago.

A PH2 is about 100% not happening. Article is poorly written also. But I guess they could try an release something to burn off the last of the cash.

It’s too bad, as another North American phone maker would have been a good thing. But hubris allowed them to make mistakes that just shouldn’t have happened...off the bat pricing, headphone jack, camera.... 3 areas if they had ticked the box right away could have made a substantial difference.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
5815 posts
2375 upvotes
Canada
vicktnguyen wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 6:55 am
My Essential was a solid phone, until i updated it to Pie. Every problems started to surface (ghost touch, screen jitter, reception, battery drain etc.) and became worst with each update. I hope Essential would take their time and optimize updates for their phone, timely update is a moot point to me since i had to stay on Oreo for the phone to be useable.
I'm running on pie, no problems at all.
Jitter was always there
Koodo and Tangerine customer
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
6911 posts
224 upvotes
Port Moody
vicktnguyen wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 6:55 am
Interesting I have had no issues on Pie and just had the 2nd security update. Phone works great.

I realize article was not the best but we really don't know what could truly happen but can only wait.

The people complaining about no headphone jack, what's the big deal? Really, the dongle works fine, u can find adapter cables that will allow phone to charge and use a reg headphone jack but to me no headphone jack is not an issue. I flew back from Winterpeg last night and watched a movie using my B&O P7 via the adapter, I had 80% battery and plenty when we landed. But to each their own
Jun 13, 2015
83 posts
30 upvotes
L'Assomption
After getting the first I knew why the price dropped fast. Riddled with bugs and I sold it.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17330 posts
1581 upvotes
Woodbridge
arkane wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 12:54 am
+1

There are no bad products, just bad pricing.

Exactly.

Who bought the Essential at launch. Overpriced.

I loved it but like many I picked it up when Koodo dropped the price.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)