[Esso] Esso 500 points using Speedpass+ app

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2018 11:14 pm
[OP]
Oct 5, 2016
101 posts
52 upvotes

[Esso] Esso 500 points using Speedpass+ app

Link an Esso Extra loyalty card and accepted mode of payment into the Speedpass+™ app
Make your first purchase as well as 2 purchases of 20 L of fuel or more using the app

worth 1 free car wash at 499 points
21 replies
Dec 20, 2016
54 posts
3 upvotes
what does it mean by first purchase and 2 purchases of 2..............
Can I buy things with the speedpass app? Do I need to buy something with the app?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8437 posts
1179 upvotes
Toronto
CHILLPILL123 wrote:
Jul 1st, 2018 12:46 pm
what does it mean by first purchase and 2 purchases of 2..............
Can I buy things with the speedpass app? Do I need to buy something with the app?
Buy fuel twice and you'll get the bonus immediately. The wording is terrible, but it should be make 2 fuel purchases of 20L or more with the app... unless they mean you have to make the first purchase as fuel???? I don't think you can pay for anything else with the app anyways.
Last edited by chinesedevil on Jul 1st, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 17, 2017
432 posts
283 upvotes
I did this promo last week. The App is able to register your Esso card, Privileges card (ie. 2.5-5 cents/L discount) and payment method (credit card, gift card). The 500 points will not show up on your receipt. It will be credited a few days later. Enough points for a basic car wash.
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9639 posts
14520 upvotes
Scarborough
Going to give this a try. The video on their website is pretty terrible at showing you how the app works.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Apr 10, 2011
930 posts
443 upvotes
Vancouver
Esso's 2 card, 2 APP, system is awful. It's confusing. Plus the PC Optium is involved? Ugg! Good incentives but not easy to manage and track points.

They need to go the same route as PC Optium.

(Their APP development sucks. Probably done overseas without real life usage.)

Get the APP. Build the 500 points. Remove the APP.

Superstore gas stations switched to Mobil. Mobil = Esso = Exxon. They show up as nearby SpeedPass stations but they don't do SpeedPass.

Last edited by RxMills on Jul 5th, 2018 11:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
Dec 14, 2010
231 posts
177 upvotes
Did they fix the app? Back in January they blocked using gift cards, and then credit cards, because of some widespread fraud (a bug in their system, to be more exact). I haven't been able to use the app since then...
Feb 4, 2009
177 posts
35 upvotes
Langley
God sakes WTF does it log me out of the app? Anyways I signed up for speed pass. Thanks.
Nov 17, 2017
432 posts
283 upvotes
sebastienbilodeau wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 11:04 am
Did they fix the app? Back in January they blocked using gift cards, and then credit cards, because of some widespread fraud (a bug in their system, to be more exact). I haven't been able to use the app since then...
I used my app with reloaded ESSO gift card from Alberta Motor Association. It does work now.
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
4312 posts
829 upvotes
Vancouver
just installed and everything seems to be good. I added esso extra as well as price privileges so hopefully this works. I have the reg speedpass and the my local station machines suck as they dont work as you have to go inside to tap it which defeats the purpose so i just cancelled my FOB and will try this out
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
1315 posts
508 upvotes
GTA
Dunkster wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 1:48 pm
I used my app with reloaded ESSO gift card from Alberta Motor Association. It does work now.
Thanks for sharing, this makes the Cardswap deal a little hotter :)
I too was hoping for a gift card fix.