Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6250 posts
3845 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Kiraly wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 7:01 pm
Just those? You haven't signed up for More Rewards yet? I expected better from @PointsHubby!
Lol, nope... unlike others here on RFD we don’t churn or stock up on an abundance of Credit Cards.
1 for Cdn
1 for US
1 for Biz Expenses
And 1 rarely used, that acts as a backup

All no fee (except for the Biz one... where the fee is paid by Employer)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
3059 posts
2566 upvotes
Vancouver
No no, not the More Rewards credit card, I was talking about simply joining the loyalty program. Just like PC Optimum, it's free to join, and you'll collect More Rewards points at Petro Canada on top of your Petro Points. I thought you joined every points program!
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6250 posts
3845 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Kiraly wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 12:57 am
No no, not the More Rewards credit card, I was talking about simply joining the loyalty program. Just like PC Optimum, it's free to join, and you'll collect More Rewards points at Petro Canada on top of your Petro Points. I thought you joined every points program!
Ok... need to explore further.
Thx

Lol, yes I have a lot of Loyalty Memberships, but not every one. It has to fit with my purchasing too.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
1689 posts
262 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 4:11 pm
See post #5
Tried it and doesn't seem to work, got the gas but did not collect any points either :(
Hi
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18901 posts
1328 upvotes
Consolidation of points is a value in and of itself.

If PCO gave you 1.5% and Esso Extra gave you 1.75%, all things being equal, I would still use PCO because I can collect it in other places, and thus make it worth something that much faster.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
14834 posts
1782 upvotes
Toronto
When you redeem at Esso, try to redeem for things outside of cold-hard cash, the values are much better. If you do, the Esso rewards program is much better, every time.

The amount of points you are earning for purchasing gas is quite pathetic IMO and not worth switching from the existing Esso Extra Rewards.
RedFlagDeals addict
Feb 4, 2009
202 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
We only recently started using Esso since I have a diesel and the superstore on my way home from work doesn't have diesel, nor the one I shop at on a regular basis. I have a PC world mastercard I have linked to speedpass. I also have the esso extra card and 2.5c off card. Yesterday, instead of using the speedpass i swiped the 2 esso cards, and the PC world MC. If I just use the speedpass then I can only get the extra rewards, 3 pc optimum points, and not price privilege?

Also I have enough points to redeem the $.05 off for 200 litres. Do I have to do that in store to get a .05 card? I just have the 2.5 card or does it get loaded onto that? thx.
Jan 12, 2017
759 posts
506 upvotes
Maple Ridge
GoodFellaz wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 3:15 pm
I dont have a physical PC optimum card, my wife carrys that in her wallet, I have the smaller keychain sized card and the PC optimum app on my phone and the PC optimum card on my StoCard Android App. How in the heck can I enter my PC optimum number in the gas pump with my android app or the mini keychain card? it seems impossible? because of this i cant collect PC optimum points when I PAY at the Pump, its gonna force me to go into the gas station and pay at the teller instead which i do not want to do
Just pumped at Esso today.
Pump asked me to enter the phone# registered to PCO card.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
29031 posts
2133 upvotes
Winnipeg
purchased $50 of esso regular gas, got 410 points pc optimum, it that right?
Jan 12, 2017
759 posts
506 upvotes
Maple Ridge
divx wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 6:09 pm
It says you get 10pt per Litre.
So you pumped 41L? Gas is less than a $1 per L in your area?????

Anyway, why do they reward points based on L?
People who buy premium gas get less points for same money. Shell/Airmiles usually has multiplier for premium grade
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6250 posts
3845 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
divx wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 6:09 pm
Dreamrider wrote:
Sep 15th, 2018 2:44 pm
It says you get 10pt per Litre.
So you pumped 41L? Gas is less than a $1 per L in your area?????

Anyway, why do they reward points based on L?
People who buy premium gas get less points for same money. Shell/Airmiles usually has multiplier for premium grade
@Dreamrider is right the PCO Base Points Rate at Esso (and Mobil) Stations is 10 Points per litre

If you have a PC Financial Credit Card, you Earn more for using it to buy gas

@pointers did a good post on this on the main PCO Thread for another RFDer... talking about the PC WE MC
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/pc-optim ... s-2040084/
pointers wrote:
Sep 15th, 2018 11:22 am
You are missing time. I have a world card

1. The 330 is 10pts /liter at time of purchase.

2. I also get 20 pts /liter for using the world card @ esso. This can take up to 5-6 days to show up and will be backdated to the time of purchase in the PCO accounts page listing of points. Not when they arrive in the account. So if you make a lot of CC purchases, you will need to scroll down a bit to find those.

3. i also get 10pts / $ for using the world card. These points normally show up in 3-4 days after time of purchase. Needs to be posted to CC and then CC submits points to pco
These were PC WE MC calculations... if one has a different PC MC then the earning rates could be different
https://www.pcfinancial.ca/m/english/cr ... dit-cards/

As well, these are BASE RATES... which everyone earns

There can be additional Offers, be they Regional / Provincial, or by individual Stations.. or Offers you get yourself to your PCO Account or thru the Credit Card (Personal Offers) that can apply

So it’s really a case of each Collector being aware of what’s on offer where you buy gas
Aug 21, 2011
6 posts
1 upvote
Scarborough
Just a heads up, no PC Optimum points if you buy lottery at Esso, but you can get Esso points for lottery as the employee told me no PC Optimum points for lottery but I told him I was using my Speedpass for the Esso points.
Nov 8, 2018
1 posts
I have an an ESSO Extra card for years. My Shoppers Optimum Card recently became a PC Optimum Card. Is it possible to transfer the points from the ESSO Extra Card to the PC Optimum Card so that going forward I can just use the PC Optimum Card?