• Mar 11th, 2013 12:11 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 21, 2012
154 posts
36 upvotes
CALGARY

[CIBC] Esso Speedpass linked with CIBC Visa earn 1500 aeroplan miles

I recieved a direct mail pamphlet about this promotion, but it doesn't provide any secret code to enroll, so I assume it apply to every one who has a new esso speed pass and link to CIBC Aerogold Visa Card, or CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Card.

Enroll by visiting speedpass.ca/CIBC.

Earn 1500 bonus miles on the first eligible purchase using an esso speed pass by december 31, 2012.

Eligible purchase - minimum $3 purchase requiered, excluding alcoholic beverges, tobacca products and esso gift card.
40 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1154 posts
265 upvotes
Got the same insert with my statement this month.

Assuming those of us who have already done this are out of luck?
Jan 31, 2010
264 posts
58 upvotes
St. John's
So, I currently have Air Miles Mastercard linked to my speedpass. Anyone know if I can switch it to VISA long enough to take advantage of this, and then switch back? Does the VISA have to be a Aeroplan VISA, or will a VISA Select work (I have my aeroplan card linked to the speedpass)
Oct 16, 2006
116 posts
11 upvotes
Shucks. Just signed up and linked to my smart cash for a puny 240 points. Anyone know if I can sign up for a second one and link that to my aerogold?
Guess I'll give it a go and see what happens. Thanks OP!
May 22, 2011
20 posts
NORTH YORK
I have a Aerogold Infinite card...
What happens if I have a speedpass that is already linked to another credit card? Can I link the speedpass to my aerogold now to earn the points?
Mar 9, 2008
489 posts
35 upvotes
Same "problem" as above, already have my speedpass linked to another CC. I'm gonna try signing up again and link it with my Aerogold Visa
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
1606 posts
38 upvotes
u probably have to activate a new speedpass to the cibc visa as the link to enroll is different
For sale threads:
Coins/
Cloth/
Phones/
Oct 16, 2006
116 posts
11 upvotes
So I just had an extra 300 aero plan points added the same day that I signed up for this promo; don't know if that was because I had already signed up for speed pass on another cc in lieu of the 1500.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
2420 posts
195 upvotes
Calgary
lingecw wrote:
Aug 28th, 2012 12:42 am
I recieved a direct mail pamphlet about this promotion, but it doesn't provide any secret code to enroll, so I assume it apply to every one who has a new esso speed pass and link to CIBC Aerogold Visa Card, or CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Card.

Enroll by visiting speedpass.ca/CIBC.

Earn 1500 bonus miles on the first eligible purchase using an esso speed pass by december 31, 2012.

Eligible purchase - minimum $3 purchase requiered, excluding alcoholic beverges, tobacca products and esso gift card.
Did you get your points? I got it for gas but no bonus and if it comes it should show what? ESSO or CIBC ?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
2420 posts
195 upvotes
Calgary
Any one on this promo got the points. I received the points from Esso regular 1 for 2 and just got the monthly statement from Cibc Visa and got 1.5 times the purchase. No bonus. Was this an honest promo?
[OP]
Jan 21, 2012
154 posts
36 upvotes
CALGARY
Pointseeker wrote:
Sep 9th, 2012 12:49 am
Did you get your points? I got it for gas but no bonus and if it comes it should show what? ESSO or CIBC ?
I activated the speedpass on Sept 20, and used it for the first transaction on Sept 23. I checked my aeroplan account today, it shows:
Sept 20 ESSO MEMBER PROFILE UPDATE - IMPERIAL OIL LIMITED 40
Sept 23 ESSO SPEEDPASS BONUS MILES - IMPERIAL OIL LIMITED 200

I haven't seen the extra 1300 miles deposited to my acct yet, I will check it again in a few days before calling CIBC.

Hope that helps.
May 8, 2012
213 posts
17 upvotes
Markham
it only get me to the main page, there isnt anything that say extra point for CIBC cc
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2004
5791 posts
40 upvotes
Thanks OP, enrolled!
rems wrote:
Jun 13th, 2008 12:00 pm
yes...for those that say it doesn't are lying. There has to be some sort of physical attraction (unless you're visually impaired obviously). Looks get you there and personality keeps you there.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9353 posts
2770 upvotes
Ottawa
lingecw wrote:
Sep 28th, 2012 1:22 am
I activated the speedpass on Sept 20, and used it for the first transaction on Sept 23. I checked my aeroplan account today, it shows:
Sept 20 ESSO MEMBER PROFILE UPDATE - IMPERIAL OIL LIMITED 40
Sept 23 ESSO SPEEDPASS BONUS MILES - IMPERIAL OIL LIMITED 200

I haven't seen the extra 1300 miles deposited to my acct yet, I will check it again in a few days before calling CIBC.

Hope that helps.
I also got 200 points on Sept 9, almost forgot about this until I logged into my Aeroplan account recently.

I will call CIBC to find out what happens to the other 1,300 bonus points? Anyone has received their 1,500 bonus points? If so, does it come in 1 shot for you or installments? and if installments, how far apart are they?
Please contact for $-saving tips prior to purchasing Mattamy/Monarch homes in Ottawa.
× < >