Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CIBC

Esso Speedpass linked with CIBC Visa earn 1500 aeroplan miles

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2013 12:11 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Dec 21, 2005
5865 posts
1672 upvotes
London, ON
Got my 1500 bonus miles over two transactions to Aeroplan (I think it was only 1 fillup though)
Oct 6 2012 CIBC VISA SPEEDPASS OFFER - IMPERIAL OIL LIMITED 1,300
Oct 4 2012 ESSO SPEEDPASS BONUS MILES - IMPERIAL OIL LIMITED 200
💡😃😂😄
Jan 21, 2012
662 posts
363 upvotes
canabiz wrote: She also gave me the phone # for Esso (1-800-567-3776, Option 4) and suggested I call Esso as they are the one who send points to Aeroplan.
I just called Esso, and ask for my bonus 1300 aeroplan miles, the CSR told me they don't know how long it will take to add the miles to my account. But she asked me to do another transaction using speed pass, when I told her the promotion only required one transaction, and if the second transaction will guarantee 1300 miles added to my account, she said NO. She said they don't know how bonus points deposit works, some people get it within few days, some get it after few weeks. So...
I can't believe they don't know what's going on?
Oct 10, 2012
1 posts
TORONTO
No bonus for me. Had a speedpass over 5 years ago...so I'm not a new customer. Just got the run around...and found out that the speedpass might not be secure either, Esso your history as far as I'm concerned.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
2587 posts
258 upvotes
Calgary
4dealss wrote: No bonus for me. Had a speedpass over 5 years ago...so I'm not a new customer. Just got the run around...and found out that the speedpass might not be secure either, Esso your history as far as I'm concerned.
Promotion has nothing to do with new customers, it specifically says need a new speed pass, connect to specific card, CIBC Aerogold etc. and make a purchase with it for at least $3 before Dec 31.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
3262 posts
1220 upvotes
...anyone see their points post yet? I'm still waiting
Jan 21, 2012
662 posts
363 upvotes
Same thing. Still waiting... I start to doubt if the points will actually be posted.
As Esso is so unhelpful, I dread to call them again.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
2587 posts
258 upvotes
Calgary
lingecw wrote: Same thing. Still waiting... I start to doubt if the points will actually be posted.
As Esso is so unhelpful, I dread to call them again.
Esso is a bum. I called them many times and it seems they are not interested in doing or answering anything. I have online account open that has no speedpass number attached to it. I asked to get it fixed or cancel the account so it be possible to connect and I am waiting for 3 weeks now.
Oct 16, 2006
116 posts
11 upvotes
Was planning on calling CIBC/Esso but I've been putting it off. Logged in today and the 1300 points were there from esso. Signed up for the pass around August 28th, had trouble activating it, finally did in early October and made one $15 purchase. Previously got 300 on the day I signed up for the speedpass so I have NO clue what is going on with that.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
3262 posts
1220 upvotes
Anyone else been successful as shakezula? I'm still waiting...tried calling in and got the run around
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
2587 posts
258 upvotes
Calgary
jt05mi wrote: Anyone else been successful as shakezula? I'm still waiting...tried calling in and got the run around
Me too. Whom did you call today? Esso, Aeroplan or CIBC????/ what number at Esso??
May 20, 2009
257 posts
1 upvote
Prairies
Filled up from Esso on Oct 5 and paid with Speedpass.

Oct 10 2012 CIBC VISA SPEEDPASS OFFER - IMPERIAL OIL LIMITED 1,300 miles
Oct 9 2012 ESSO SPEEDPASS BONUS MILES - IMPERIAL OIL LIMITED 200 miles
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
3262 posts
1220 upvotes
Pointseeker wrote: Me too. Whom did you call today? Esso, Aeroplan or CIBC????/ what number at Esso??
Esso and Aeroplan ... (1-800-567-ESSO at Esso)
Jan 21, 2012
662 posts
363 upvotes
Just checked my aeroplan account. Still missing 1300 miles. 200 bonus miles was deposited on Sept 25.
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
12183 posts
5651 upvotes
Ottawa
lingecw wrote: Just checked my aeroplan account. Still missing 1300 miles. 200 bonus miles was deposited on Sept 25.
Same. I will follow up later (again!)
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
2587 posts
258 upvotes
Calgary
I believe its a fraud by ESSO. Now, there is Amex Aeroplan promotion that has the same terms. There got to be a consumer complain place where it should be reported. Bloody few points and they don't want to process these and at the same time provide a headache for us.
Sep 24, 2010
917 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
I enrolled for it today.. :( .I believe I'm too late as by the time I receive it in the mail, it will be after Dec 31. :(
Jan 21, 2012
662 posts
363 upvotes
Pointseeker wrote: I believe its a fraud by ESSO. Now, there is Amex Aeroplan promotion that has the same terms. There got to be a consumer complain place where it should be reported. Bloody few points and they don't want to process these and at the same time provide a headache for us.
Called Esso again, and the agent said 1200 should come from Aeroplan, and I politely asked for her name so that I can have a reference when talking to Aeroplan. She just hang up the phone as a response. So rude.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
2587 posts
258 upvotes
Calgary
Rude is a very nice word for ESSO. No gas from them...... CIBC is not much better..
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
3262 posts
1220 upvotes
Well today is the day Esso told me to call back if the points still aren't on my aeroplan account...and guess what...nothing yet...wish me luck!
Jan 21, 2012
662 posts
363 upvotes
Just a follow up.

I decided not brother to call Esso anymore since the rude CSR declined all the responsibilities last time I called them and gave up hope that Esso would ever credit 1300 miles to me. Guess what? I just checked my aeroplan account, and saw 1300 bonus points from Esso deposited to my account on Jan 16.

Good luck to everyone who still waiting for the bonus miles.