Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Esso

Use Speedpass+ App to pay for Fill up 3x to receive a $10 Price Privilages e-card ($0.05 fuel discount for up to 200L)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2017 1:03 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
kbaboolal wrote: I'm a big fan of Esso because I believe they have the best rewards program of all gas stations and because SpeedPass is extremely convenient. Fiddling around with cards in the winter paying at the pump is no fun and I'd rather not have to go in store if I don't have to. But I do loathe the whole Price Privilege cards that they have. I have never use them and they constantly send me emails to "pick mine up". I don't use them because the only way to redeem them is to pay instore, a ploy used to probably have you buy stuff once you're in there. I know its a minor inconvenience, and I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't mind going into the store, but to me the whole Price Privilege thing is not worth the hassle.
Lots of cards have tap and go etc and work at most gas stations.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Jan 8, 2007
314 posts
109 upvotes
yhap2003 wrote: Note that it doesn't work with existing essoextra account. I had to create a new one, put in my points card and credit card.
It was working for me, I see the deal on my app even I logon and see the essoextra account is linked.
Sr. in age but Jr. in deals
Aug 28, 2009
45 posts
21 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion
Thanks OP! I'll give 'er a try.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4350 posts
612 upvotes
Markham, ON
s-fu wrote: It was working for me, I see the deal on my app even I logon and see the essoextra account is linked.
I didn't work for me. Maybe they finally linked the two?
I had to create a new account with the same email and it didn't stop me.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3155 posts
1869 upvotes
ph00p wrote: Esso has the worst of the "loyalty" programs, like a bad MMO system, BUY 120L of gas and you GET to save .025 on 40L of gas!
Hahaha, but that's just a new "bonus" part of their loyalty program. Their main program (Esso Extra points) gives the highest return (~1%) of any top tier fuel station that I'm aware of.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6830 posts
1257 upvotes
Can a CURRENT Price Privileges (discount) card be added to the app? Can't figure out where to add it.
Jan 2, 2017
415 posts
586 upvotes
Arrow wrote: Can a CURRENT Price Privileges (discount) card be added to the app? Can't figure out where to add it.
Yes I added mine and used the app and it applied the discount and also has the remaining litres showing on the app. You add it through the wallet tab on the My Account screen iirc. There's a fuel discount cards section there and you just enter in the card number and the PIN which are both on the back.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
RubberCheese wrote: This seems good... combine fuel savings card, points card, and as many gift cards as you want.
Looks like it will be a convenient way to use up gift cards! Hope it switches to the next gift card when one is exhausted.
yupkime wrote: Great that we are able to input multiple gift cards and price privileges cards and indicate the default ones which is great.
But hopefully someone can report if there is a smooth handoff when one of the card balances go to zero would be awesome to know.
Worse case is that it stops the transaction when the gift card amount is met?
Or no further discounted gas if discount card is empty?
If this app works well then thankful no need to carry multiple cards around anymore!
From their FAQ:
Can I use multiple payment cards (credit cards & Esso Gift Cards) in a single transaction?
You can only use one credit card or Esso Gift Card per transaction using the Speedpass+ app.

I pay with gift cards, and this is the reason why I haven't been converted to the app yet.
Jan 14, 2017
300 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
Is there no option to view the amount of Esso points I have? Or do I have to download the Esso Extra app on top of this?
Mar 2, 2011
728 posts
410 upvotes
West
Has anyone got this to work in Calgary? As soon as I got to the Esso on Crowchild and Kensington, it said there was an error. ARGH. And yes I did close the app and open again.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3155 posts
1869 upvotes
WhatADeal! wrote: From their FAQ:
Can I use multiple payment cards (credit cards & Esso Gift Cards) in a single transaction?
You can only use one credit card or Esso Gift Card per transaction using the Speedpass+ app.

I pay with gift cards, and this is the reason why I haven't been converted to the app yet.
Before trying for the first time, I loaded three gift cards, my esso extra card, and my 2.5c/L price privilege card.

I pulled into the gas station and opened the app. It recognized which location via GPS and asked me which pump I want to pre-authorize. Once selected, it asked me for method of payment. I selected my gift card with $2.78 remaining.

The pump showed a pre-authorized amount of $2.78, and once I pumped that much fuel, the pump shut off. I looked at my receipt, and because of the price privileges card, it left 7 cents on my card. I had to re-authorize another gift card to continue fueling.

Pretty annoying as this will mean that I'll end up with gift cards with small amounts on them. But still convenient to not have to carry gift cards around.

I also like that the app lets you disable the "do you want a car wash" notification, and allows you to select if you want the pump to automatically print a receipt and/or if you want an emailed receipt.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3155 posts
1869 upvotes
gr33nscr33n wrote: Is there no option to view the amount of Esso points I have? Or do I have to download the Esso Extra app on top of this?
Seems like an oversight in the app. If you opt for emailed receipts, your points will be sent to you after a transaction.

Also funny that there is no "transaction history" like you find in other vendor's apps.
Mar 16, 2008
249 posts
101 upvotes
Edmonton
I tried the app out today and had an issue with my 5 cent price privilege card not working. It showed as active in the app but my receipt didn't include the discount. After a long call with there support line (followed up with a call back) it turns out that my price privilege electronic ecard (not a physical card) does not work with the app. The resolution they gave me was 1500 esso extra points so I can buy 200L 5cent card in store and use that instead. They also gave me an additional 700 points for my trouble. So either 3-4 car washes or 1 wash and pp card.

So just a heads up for anyone else who tries to use an ecard (in my case from Shop.ca).
Oct 29, 2016
1 posts
Hey guys, has anyone tried adding their Visa Debit? I used my CC and it preauthorized $150. Can't we choose how much we want preauthorized? I am assuming Apple Pay is not working on this App yet?
Dec 25, 2007
768 posts
782 upvotes
Vancouver
The only caveat to this is that you can't add the digital gift cards yet :(
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1768 posts
260 upvotes
Vancouver
Got to an Esso station that was supposed to be speedpass+ ready. The app showed that this station is not equipped to handle speedpass+. This is a joke.
Don't even know how I can fill out 3 x 30L with no availability and support.
Jan 8, 2007
314 posts
109 upvotes
yhap2003 wrote: I didn't work for me. Maybe they finally linked the two?
I had to create a new account with the same email and it didn't stop me.
You might need to be patient on the status update on that.
Sr. in age but Jr. in deals
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
hesp wrote: the speedpass key fob is so much faster. Just tap and go. With this you need to take out ur phone; log in and click here and there
Have you been able to get points from the speedpass? I've linked my esso extra and speedpass but sometimes points dont get added, super frustrating.

Btw, this isn't a special deal, ESso always has this. Like airmiles with shell and petro points with ptro.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4846 posts
2018 upvotes
Ottawa
hesp wrote: the speedpass key fob is so much faster. Just tap and go. With this you need to take out ur phone; log in and click here and there
I guess, but I always worry about losing my speedpass. There's no security on it at all to stop someone else from using it until you realize you lost it
Deal Addict
May 26, 2005
1040 posts
965 upvotes
GVRD
vipjn wrote: Got to an Esso station that was supposed to be speedpass+ ready. The app showed that this station is not equipped to handle speedpass+. This is a joke.
Don't even know how I can fill out 3 x 30L with no availability and support.
Same here. This is frustrating.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)