• Dec 15th, 2017 11:49 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2006
1068 posts
60 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 8:37 am
How much did it cost you?. Any custom charge?.

I just got one from amazon. $114 tax and shipping included. Took about 2 weeks.

I might buy another one for someone else.
From what I remember, it was about that range. No duty or customs charges so maybe I got lucky.
Deal Guru
Feb 6, 2003
10097 posts
424 upvotes
Vancouver
kevindurant1 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 8:37 am
I just got one from amazon. $114 tax and shipping included. Took about 2 weeks.

I might buy another one for someone else.
CryptoAsylum is currently offering 20% off if you pay by crypto. Final cost is ~$100 for the Nano S. It took them less than 3 days to ship mine after they got it in stock (it was backordered when I ordered it).
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1073 posts
452 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 5:50 pm
Have any of you guys successfully claimed your Bitcoin Gold? I'm sure I have some waiting for me out in the blockchain, I'm just a bit nervous about the process. Apparently you have to port your wallet over to some new Android wallet app and then claim it that way. I'm happy with my current wallet though, I don't want to switch. If you guys know of a fail safe way to do this I would appreciate some info. Thanks!
Not yet. Also read somewhere that Bitcoin Gold mining has started. Need to study that as well.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8347 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto
enigma54 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 9:43 pm
From what I remember, it was about that range. No duty or customs charges so maybe I got lucky.
What carrier delivered to your door? fingers crossed I don't get dinged on duty/customs charges when they get here, I did a small group buy with a few guys on here for 5 x Ledger Nano S from ledger directly. Price was perfect as they all came out to $77.44 (total came out actually to $7 more total than the original price I quoted because of Visa charging the coversion on top of it I guess. I'll eat the $7 cost as well as I did not figure this for some reason into the final numbers. But let's make it easy and say $80/ea. Can't go wrong with that.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2006
1068 posts
60 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 11:08 am
What carrier delivered to your door? fingers crossed I don't get dinged on duty/customs charges when they get here, I did a small group buy with a few guys on here for 5 x Ledger Nano S from ledger directly. Price was perfect as they all came out to $77.44 (total came out actually to $7 more total than the original price I quoted because of Visa charging the coversion on top of it I guess. I'll eat the $7 cost as well as I did not figure this for some reason into the final numbers. But let's make it easy and say $80/ea. Can't go wrong with that.
Canada Post.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8347 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto
enigma54 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 11:32 am
Canada Post.
Thanks.

How are you liking the ledger so far? I've seen that they will be switching to an actual program you download vs the chrome extension. Any positive or negative thoughts on this?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2006
1068 posts
60 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 11:51 am
Thanks.

How are you liking the ledger so far? I've seen that they will be switching to an actual program you download vs the chrome extension. Any positive or negative thoughts on this?
I haven't even had a chance to open and install it yet...just been too busy. I'm having problems getting my Ethereum wallet on my PC to sync and update with the network, so I have to figure that out first so I can transfer the coins to the Ledger.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8347 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto
enigma54 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 2:41 pm
I haven't even had a chance to open and install it yet...just been too busy. I'm having problems getting my Ethereum wallet on my PC to sync and update with the network, so I have to figure that out first so I can transfer the coins to the Ledger.
Doesn’t it tie into a site called myetherwallet? I may be mistaken but the few ledger Nano S videos I watched I think referred to that.
Last edited by XtremeModder on Nov 27th, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1679 posts
496 upvotes
Are you likely to make a bit of profit with just 1 AMD RX570 4gig mining something? There is the cost of electricity for the card and for the rest of the computer to consider.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1073 posts
452 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 8:31 pm
Are you likely to make a bit of profit with just 1 AMD RX570 4gig mining something? There is the cost of electricity for the card and for the rest of the computer to consider.
Few cents a day I guess. 1GPU will give you around 1.5-2 USD a day. A rough power usage estimate of 400 watts will cost you 9-10 units of electricity. You could probably put your CPU to use as well. My CPU also mines and contributes 40-50 cents a day.

P.S. Bitcoin breached the 11K mark briefly today. Are we really going to see the day it crosses a hundred thousand?
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2003
3403 posts
32 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm still chugging along. I noticed that a few ERC20 tokens have been sent to my ether account. It seems like a bunch of coins have done 'airdrops', has anyone else been a recipient?

I vaguely remember reading an article saying this was a clever way to get around ICO regulations (don't know if true or not).
MAIN:2600K-4.5Ghz|P8P67 PRO|16GB DDR31600|GTX1060 6GB OC|240GB SSD|1TB|2TB|Creative SB XFi|BD-RW|2x 24" LCD
HT:Athlon 5350|4GB DDR3
SERVER:i3 3240|8GB DDR3|320GB|3x2TB
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8347 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto
IndyBeak wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 11:08 am
Few cents a day I guess. 1GPU will give you around 1.5-2 USD a day. A rough power usage estimate of 400 watts will cost you 9-10 units of electricity. You could probably put your CPU to use as well. My CPU also mines and contributes 40-50 cents a day.

P.S. Bitcoin breached the 11K mark briefly today. Are we really going to see the day it crosses a hundred thousand?
I’m hoping so. I’ve been putting off buying anymore until it’s arouns $7000-$8000CAD But I don’t see that happening anytime soon at all.

So for now I’m gonna stick to buying ETH until I have a full coin then I’ll go back to buying 1/2 BTC and 1/2 ETH.

I know Bitcoin Gold has a bad reputation right now but I may start buying that as well since it’s cheaper and hopefully once I buy goes way up in value.

edit: Just to add to this post, time and time again I hear people on here or elsewhere saying "Don't buy bitcoin, or any of them its too risky". Not only have I heard that everywhere on here and elsewhere, but in day to day situations if investment stuff ever comes up, all I hear is "buy marijuana stocks, don't buy crypto you'll lose all of your money".

Risk? yes, do I see buying BTC, ETH or any cryptos as a risk? Of course I do, but I also look at it as an investment as well, the money I have used to purchase BTC is nearly doubled if not doubled already. I haven't lost any money and have only made money. I don't plan to sell anytime soon either as I am planning to hold for 5 years to see what happens. If it goes the way many articles are saying, I'll be laughing at all of the people who told me not to buy it even at $7000-$9000
Feb 17, 2012
475 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
I could be wrong but in my opinion... Investing in crypto currency is just as risky as weed stocks. The people who invest in either of them are the same. They buy not knowing anything about that just thinking it will go up. I find the geeks will buy Bitcoin and the pot smokers buy weed stocks......

Both investments have no back bone.
Dec 31, 2016
32 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA
What's the deal with IOTA?

Can anyone please share info on how to buy IOTA in the 'winterland'?

TIA
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8347 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto
Frank2029 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 6:06 am
I could be wrong but in my opinion... Investing in crypto currency is just as risky as weed stocks. The people who invest in either of them are the same. They buy not knowing anything about that just thinking it will go up. I find the geeks will buy Bitcoin and the pot smokers buy weed stocks......

Both investments have no back bone.
I could be wrong, completely wrong. But my father invests some money into Aurora Cannabis, which apparently is backed with millions of dollars and an in-construction warehouse whereas bitcoin, etc aren't really backed by anything other than speculation. Had I have listened to my dad about buying into aurora @ $4/share my money would have been doubled already. Funny that you say that because I buy crypto he buys weed stocks. He doesn't smoke that much weed though.