• Dec 11th, 2017 2:06 pm
Tags:
Mar 8, 2012
336 posts
41 upvotes
Montreal
Frank2029 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 8:27 pm
Try switching out one that was working and see what happens. Also make sure bios are updated and proper settings are input in bios. There are some pretty good guides out there if you haven't tried that yet
What do you mean by switching? Do you mean switching port? I tried couple guides on google, no success :(
Feb 17, 2012
470 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
akinos1 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 8:51 pm
What do you mean by switching? Do you mean switching port? I tried couple guides on google, no success :(
You said the 4th card is not working right? Well take out ONE CARD thats working and replace it with the 4th card (the one that IS NOT working). If that doesnt work then remove all cards and just install the one that "isnt working"

comprende?
Feb 17, 2012
470 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
HOLY CRAP. The difficulty of most coins have dropped significantly!

Is anyone willing to try Awesome Miner with me? What i mean is go over a few things/settings/pools etc. I dont have time right now but after installing it and looking at it for a few minutes it seems like a pretty powerful program. Only problem is it looks like you have to set up each pool individually. Kind of confusing. I wish i had the time to set up each individual miner but between work and family its hard to spend time on the PC especially around Christmas. Thats why i LOVED Nicehash and its set it and forget it program. didnt care it took a 4% cut. My time is money and i am willing to go back if i cant get a decent miner to replace it.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18584 posts
3696 upvotes
Thornhill
I'm on zpool but the reported hash rate on their site is half of whats reported in the miner software, with NemosMiner and AwesomeMiner. My PC constantly reports 30MH/s but the website always reports 10-20 MH/s. Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong but ill keep an eye on it.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1034 posts
429 upvotes
I moved my PC to mine ETH on the 3 AMD cards and Bitcoin Gold on nVidia.
@Frank2029 , if I remember correctly, Awesome Miner is just a GUI to control various miners, right? It is not exactly the same thing like NiceHash, isn't it.
Sep 2, 2003
440 posts
112 upvotes
York
IndyBeak wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 3:11 pm
So with Nicehash gone, may be forever, what are people switching to? What are the alternatives? And how much you lost with NiceHash?
I lost 0.019 bitcoin on Nicehash, and today I received my Ledger Nano S ... oh well, can't win them all.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1034 posts
429 upvotes
luckystrike wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 3:06 pm
I lost 0.019 bitcoin on Nicehash, and today I received my Ledger Nano S ... oh well, can't win them all.
I always mined to an external wallet, and still lost because of their higher payout threshold, and also for the fact that they used to do payouts only on Fridays.
Mar 8, 2012
336 posts
41 upvotes
Montreal
Frank2029 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 5:41 am
You said the 4th card is not working right? Well take out ONE CARD thats working and replace it with the 4th card (the one that IS NOT working). If that doesnt work then remove all cards and just install the one that "isnt working"

comprende?

I tried, still not working. What message Im getting is. Whenever I am adding my RX 580 8GB and TURNING ON Claymore, couple seconds after I get the message
"pc ran into a problem and needs to restart"

Help por favor
Feb 17, 2012
470 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
IndyBeak wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:31 am
I moved my PC to mine ETH on the 3 AMD cards and Bitcoin Gold on nVidia.
@Frank2029 , if I remember correctly, Awesome Miner is just a GUI to control various miners, right? It is not exactly the same thing like NiceHash, isn't it.
Yeah looks like it but I thought I saw the auto most profitable option.
Feb 17, 2012
470 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
akinos1 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:31 pm
I tried, still not working. What message Im getting is. Whenever I am adding my RX 580 8GB and TURNING ON Claymore, couple seconds after I get the message
"pc ran into a problem and needs to restart"

Help por favor
That's a good enough reason to bring it back and say it's defective. Ask for a new one immediately. If you tried it by itself then it sounds like an issue.

Edit: to be honest I always thought the claymore miner was unstable AF. try a different miner
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10560 posts
3836 upvotes
Frank2029 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 5:48 am

Is anyone willing to try Awesome Miner with me? What i mean is go over a few things/settings/pools etc. I dont have time right now but after installing it and looking at it for a few minutes it seems like a pretty powerful program. Only problem is it looks like you have to set up each pool individually. Kind of confusing. I wish i had the time to set up each individual miner but between work and family its hard to spend time on the PC especially around Christmas. Thats why i LOVED Nicehash and its set it and forget it program. didnt care it took a 4% cut. My time is money and i am willing to go back if i cant get a decent miner to replace it.
I'm willing to have a look once I have more time. Things are extremely busy now.

I also lost some bitcoins due to the Nicehash theft. Too bad. However the price of bitcoins shot up so high the next day that I actually came out ahead.

I'm mining Zcash now. Actually what I did was copy and paste the Zcash mining software out of the Nicehash miner legacy folder, and then just configured it for Nanopool. It's working great. I always noticed Zcash tended to have the highest overall profits in Nicehash. So I'm sticking with it for now.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Mar 8, 2012
336 posts
41 upvotes
Montreal
Frank2029 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:51 pm
That's a good enough reason to bring it back and say it's defective. Ask for a new one immediately. If you tried it by itself then it sounds like an issue.

Edit: to be honest I always thought the claymore miner was unstable AF. try a different miner
"PC needs to restart" message only appear Im running Claymore. What makes you think its the GPU that is defective?
Apr 13, 2003
427 posts
165 upvotes
Scarborough
Frank2029 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 5:48 am

The main thing I liked about nice hash was that you have one balance that keeps growing regardless of what coin/pool they switch you to. With directly switching pools all the time, you have to reach the individual's pool minimal payment to get paid. You end up with small balances at various pools waiting for payout.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11261 posts
1500 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
So how do I get into mining again with my current computer? I remember I mined DOGE, FOX, and LTC when cryptocurrency exploded. It was unprofitable though because of a series of stupid decisions, and mining scam coins. My rig isn't all that powerful for today's standards and I know there's no point in trying to mine BTC. Some folks over at HWC mentioned they're using awesomeminer.

I found my Bitcoin wallet which is a good start.
Apr 13, 2003
427 posts
165 upvotes
Scarborough
IndyBeak wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 3:11 pm
So with Nicehash gone, may be forever, what are people switching to? What are the alternatives? And how much you lost with NiceHash?
I had .0095 in an internal wallet.. :( Calculations said you need to withdraw more than .025 from internal wallet to come out ahead of the 4% external wallet fee.

I switched to mining XMR on NanoPool.