• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2018 5:12 pm
Tags:
Apr 12, 2017
216 posts
92 upvotes
Nice, I've gotten my first ever payment from them. And yes, they included the 10% as well.

Although, now I'm having issues with the Jaxx wallet. I see the transaction when I check my address against the blockchain info website, but Jaxx is not showing the funds.
@SickBeast, perhaps you ran into this same issue, since I think you use Jaxx as well. If you don't see your funds in Jaxx, check your address at blockchain.info to see if they paid you.

I should mention that Jaxx has since added new Bitcoin addresses to my wallet, but I read online that the old ones are still capable of receiving payments (plus I can still access the private keys to the old addresses).

Edit:
oh crap, their support page doesn't recommend using Jaxx for mining payouts. Looks like I'm going to have to find me a new wallet. Any current recommendations? How's Exodus wallet?

Source
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
14045 posts
5566 upvotes
RedToronto wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 11:47 am
Nice, I've gotten my first ever payment from them. And yes, they included the 10% as well.

Although, now I'm having issues with the Jaxx wallet. I see the transaction when I check my address against the blockchain info website, but Jaxx is not showing the funds.
@SickBeast, perhaps you ran into this same issue, since I think you use Jaxx as well. If you don't see your funds in Jaxx, check your address at blockchain.info to see if they paid you.

I should mention that Jaxx has since added new Bitcoin addresses to my wallet, but I read online that the old ones are still capable of receiving payments (plus I can still access the private keys to the old addresses).

Edit:
oh crap, their support page doesn't recommend using Jaxx for mining payouts. Looks like I'm going to have to find me a new wallet. Any current recommendations? How's Exodus wallet?

Source
Yup I finally got paid! Thanks! It went through fine in jaxx as well.
I am a Public Mobile customer.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1624 posts
729 upvotes
RedToronto wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 11:47 am

Edit:

Source
I use Exodus. No issues so far. Also I think the Jaxx warning has more to do with too many tiny payments from mining. Considering we only get paid once we reach 2 weeks to a month of mining, I don't think too many tiny payments is necessarily an issue we face.
Apr 12, 2017
216 posts
92 upvotes
IndyBeak wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 12:39 pm
I use Exodus. No issues so far. Also I think the Jaxx warning has more to do with too many tiny payments from mining. Considering we only get paid once we reach 2 weeks to a month of mining, I don't think too many tiny payments is necessarily an issue we face.
Yeah, I think the issues I'm having is related to the update I did on the Jaxx wallet. Now that I played around with it, I've made things worse.

My payment for Bitcoin wasn't showing up, so I tried resetting the cache, as Jaxx recommended, but now my Litecoin is not showing up (just shows 0 no matter how many times I refresh), and it didn't even fix the issue with Bitcoin. Updating Jaxx again did nothing either.

Anyway, I've made manual backups of all the relevant private keys, so I'm gonna use the electrum wallet to import the public key so I can actually see my funds properly, then I'll import the private keys to the Exodus wallet when I want to move things around. I don't want to import it right now because Exodus wants to charge me a fee of 0.0005BTC just to import.
Images
  • Capture.JPG
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1624 posts
729 upvotes
RedToronto wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 1:37 pm
Yeah, I think the issues I'm having is related to the update I did on the Jaxx wallet. Now that I played around with it, I've made things worse.

My payment for Bitcoin wasn't showing up, so I tried resetting the cache, as Jaxx recommended, but now my Litecoin is not showing up (just shows 0 no matter how many times I refresh), and it didn't even fix the issue with Bitcoin. Updating Jaxx again did nothing either.

Anyway, I've made manual backups of all the relevant private keys, so I'm gonna use the electrum wallet to import the public key so I can actually see my funds properly, then I'll import the private keys to the Exodus wallet when I want to move things around. I don't want to import it right now because Exodus wants to charge me a fee of 0.0005BTC just to import.
I have heard good things about Electrum, also that it has more options and functions for you to use. Let us know how you like it.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
14045 posts
5566 upvotes
RedToronto wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 1:37 pm

Try installing jaxx on another machine using the seed phrase.
I am a Public Mobile customer.
Apr 12, 2017
216 posts
92 upvotes
IndyBeak wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 1:50 pm
I have heard good things about Electrum, also that it has more options and functions for you to use. Let us know how you like it.
Seems great so far. Free import of private keys, and simple to use once you get the hang of it. Not as pretty as other wallets, but hey, it gets the job done. The one thing I don't like is that there are a bunch of Electrum wallets for different coins (BTC, LTC, etc), and I don't think you can consolidate them into one electrum wallet. But I guess it's safer this way.

Edit:
I want to also mention that electrum knows when there has been a transfer that hasn't been confirmed multiple times yet (displayed in electrum as a clock instead of a checkmark), whereas Jaxx seems to wait until all confirmations before showing the transaction at all.

My BTC funds from Nicehash are now showing in Jaxx after 9 confirmations, but my Litecoin is still missing.
Last edited by RedToronto on Feb 9th, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Apr 12, 2017
216 posts
92 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 1:56 pm
Try installing jaxx on another machine using the seed phrase.
That's a good idea. I'll try that when I get home to my mining PC.
Apr 12, 2017
216 posts
92 upvotes
Update: I decided to receive an early payout of Litecoin that I was accumulating in Miningpoolhub to test out if it would show up in Jaxx, and after 10 minutes, now both the original "missing" LTC and the new LTC are showing up just fine. But the transaction entry for the original LTC is missing (see image). Weird.

I'll report back again when I test it on another computer.
Images
  • Capture.JPG
Apr 12, 2017
216 posts
92 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 7:19 pm
Guys this is funny, some Russian nuclear scientists used a Russian supercomputer, one of the most powerful computers in the world, to mine bitcoins:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43003740

I wonder what kind of hash rate they got. :)
Sorry ASIC miners, the difficulty has gone up because of the damn supercomputer miners
Apr 12, 2017
216 posts
92 upvotes
Do you guys think the rumors are true about Binance getting hacked?
Feb 17, 2012
629 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
RedToronto wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 1:05 am
Do you guys think the rumors are true about Binance getting hacked?
Definitely not. This was a planned upgrade from last month.
Apr 12, 2017
216 posts
92 upvotes
Update: After taking @SickBeast's advice and installing Jaxx on another computer, which worked, I decided to look into why a reinstall didn't work on my original computer.

It seems a basic uninstall and reinstall doesn't wipe the user data. So I had to manually delete the Jaxx folder (found in AppData\Roaming\) and then it worked after entering my backup phrase. As you can see from the image, my full LTC amount is now showing, along with both transaction entries.

Using the built in "Reset Jaxx Cache" option doesn't work so well. You have to do it manually.
Images
  • Capture.JPG
Apr 12, 2017
216 posts
92 upvotes
Frank2029 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 9:13 am
Definitely not. This was a planned upgrade from last month.
Good to hear, because I'm planning on trading for some Ripple through them