• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2018 5:12 pm
Tags:
Apr 12, 2017
211 posts
91 upvotes
Maplicito wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 1:47 am
Question for the Nicehash users out there. The unpaid balance on my account is reported differently between the Nicehash software, and the web interface for my account. Which one is likely to actually be correct? I'm using the Nicehash Legacy software, and it, at this moment reports 0.44556 mBTC, while logging into my account on Nicehash's website shows an unpaid balance of 0.53269 mBTC. The website's balance fits what I would have expected given the mining rates the miner has been reporting - is it the one I should be paying attention to?

Edit: Late last night, my miner made a sudden jump in its reported balance - assuming it's correct now, it appears that what the web interface was reporting was the correct balance previously.
Does that mean it's looking good now? I've had issues with the legacy version as well. It usually does fix itself after a few days, or after a reinstall.

kevdanga wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 8:25 pm
I realize this is a "ethereum mining guide" thread, but I don't see any guide or walk through. Is there a starting point? I have a 24/7 plex server with a RX580 that I may as well use for mining.
This video helped me get setup with MiningPoolHub and Awesome Miner (and he gives a quick guide on the Exodus wallet, too), but the guy babbles. Watch it at 2x speed. If you prefer Nicehash instead, let me know.

Apr 12, 2017
211 posts
91 upvotes
Change of plan guys. Since I last posted, Zclassic jumped from $100 USD to $150 USD. I've looked into this a bit (as you can tell from my long, obsessive posts), and I think a large number of people are going to collect a bunch ZCL (buy or mine) and sell right after the snapshot on February 28 (a pump and dump, so to speak), and still be able to collect their Bitcoin Private. This is obviously a common strategy among forks, and I think I'm going to avoid doing this because of the risk of not selling in time. My game plan is to rack up as much ZCL and dump it BEFORE February 28 (sacrificing my Bitcoin Private), because that will ensure the USD value will still be high at selling point.

There's no telling what will happen after the snapshot. Either of these scenarios could happen:

1. Zclassic price stays high, Bitcoin Private price climbs as well.
2. Zclassic price stays high, Bitcoin Private turns out to be a dud.
3. Zclassic price crashes because everyone wants to sell off what they have after the fork. Bitcoin Private does well.
4. Zclassic crashes. Bitcoin Private crashes.

In order to minimize risk, albeit, at the sake of sacrificing possibly extreme gains, I will assume the worst (scenario 4), and will sell before the fork (2 or 3 days before).

I'm also considering converting my BTC to ZCL, to let it ride up with the hype, then swap all ZCL back to BTC before the snapshot, so that I gain more than just what I mine up until that point. The only reason why I haven't done so already is because Bittrex is no longer accepting new users (it's by invite only), and Cryptopia is having technical difficulties with ZCL connections (probably because of all the traffic this fork hype is generating). I don't know of any other reputable means of trading ZCL at the moment. Too bad Binance doesn't support ZCL yet.
Jan 16, 2009
247 posts
121 upvotes
Lethbridge
RedToronto wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:34 pm
Does that mean it's looking good now? I've had issues with the legacy version as well. It usually does fix itself after a few days, or after a reinstall.
Yes - the software and web interface still are a few cents off from each other, but I'm not nearly so worried about that. After my experience, I'll take the web interface as having the more accurate numbers.
Feb 17, 2012
629 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
RedToronto wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:52 pm
Change of plan guys. Since I last posted, Zclassic jumped from $100 USD to $150 USD. I've looked into this a bit (as you can tell from my long, obsessive posts), and I think a large number of people are going to collect a bunch ZCL (buy or mine) and sell right after the snapshot on February 28 (a pump and dump, so to speak), and still be able to collect their Bitcoin Private. This is obviously a common strategy among forks, and I think I'm going to avoid doing this because of the risk of not selling in time. My game plan is to rack up as much ZCL and dump it BEFORE February 28 (sacrificing my Bitcoin Private), because that will ensure the USD value will still be high at selling point.

There's no telling what will happen after the snapshot. Either of these scenarios could happen:

1. Zclassic price stays high, Bitcoin Private price climbs as well.
2. Zclassic price stays high, Bitcoin Private turns out to be a dud.
3. Zclassic price crashes because everyone wants to sell off what they have after the fork. Bitcoin Private does well.
4. Zclassic crashes. Bitcoin Private crashes.

In order to minimize risk, albeit, at the sake of sacrificing possibly extreme gains, I will assume the worst (scenario 4), and will sell before the fork (2 or 3 days before).

I'm also considering converting my BTC to ZCL, to let it ride up with the hype, then swap all ZCL back to BTC before the snapshot, so that I gain more than just what I mine up until that point. The only reason why I haven't done so already is because Bittrex is no longer accepting new users (it's by invite only), and Cryptopia is having technical difficulties with ZCL connections (probably because of all the traffic this fork hype is generating). I don't know of any other reputable means of trading ZCL at the moment. Too bad Binance doesn't support ZCL yet.
Do you believe in Zclassic? I don't really like the tech behind it. I much prefer zencash.

On a side note. I went back to nicehash. Seems to be on par with what "whattomine" is reporting. Also there are reports that sometimes other miners will skin 25% of your earnings every so often. I would like my Bitcoin back anyways. The repayment program is confusing AF but at this point in time it looks like I will collect about 0.01 every 6 days. Hopefully that improves.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1369 posts
454 upvotes
TBD
Started to mine for the first time with Nicehash. Using a RX580 and a R5 1600. Does the yield seem kinda low? Any suggestions?
[/list]
Capture.JPG
Apr 12, 2017
211 posts
91 upvotes
Maplicito wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 2:17 am
Yes - the software and web interface still are a few cents off from each other, but I'm not nearly so worried about that. After my experience, I'll take the web interface as having the more accurate numbers.
I find the more I play around with it, the worse it gets

Frank2029 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 6:15 am
Do you believe in Zclassic? I don't really like the tech behind it. I much prefer zencash.

On a side note. I went back to nicehash. Seems to be on par with what "whattomine" is reporting. Also there are reports that sometimes other miners will skin 25% of your earnings every so often. I would like my Bitcoin back anyways. The repayment program is confusing AF but at this point in time it looks like I will collect about 0.01 every 6 days. Hopefully that improves.
Not at all. I'm not betting on Zclassic in the long run. I am more excited about Verge coin, if we're talking about security coins. But I feel like the community behind Zclassic is going to ramp up the coin until the end of this month, so, hopefully, it'll be a good way to make a quick buck. Id rather just stick to collecting Zcash, to be perfectly honest, even though they are clones of one another, aside from the no founders fee in Zclassic.

As for Nicehash, I'm still waiting for them to drop the second repayment before returning. Based more on principle than logic, because Nicehash definitely makes me more money than MiningPoolHub. But I'm a stubborn old fool, I guess .

kevdanga wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 8:09 pm
Started to mine for the first time with Nicehash. Using a RX580 and a R5 1600. Does the yield seem kinda low? Any suggestions?
[/list]Capture.JPG
Not sure with those algos. Show me what Equihash looks like for your 580.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1624 posts
729 upvotes
kevdanga wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 8:09 pm
[/list]Capture.JPG
R5 1600 is at par. RX580 is underperforming by 10-15% . For Ethereum, try increasing GPU memory clock. RX580 should work fine at 2000MHz. You should get somewhere around 21-22MH for DaggerHashimoto.
Apr 12, 2017
211 posts
91 upvotes
Anyone else seeing "Reimbursed pending: 0.00000001 BTC" on Nicehash. It's been like this since I got my initial 10%
Images
  • Capture.JPG
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
14033 posts
5559 upvotes
RedToronto wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 11:08 pm
I find the more I play around with it, the worse it gets

Not at all. I'm not betting on Zclassic in the long run. I am more excited about Verge coin, if we're talking about security coins. But I feel like the community behind Zclassic is going to ramp up the coin until the end of this month, so, hopefully, it'll be a good way to make a quick buck. Id rather just stick to collecting Zcash, to be perfectly honest, even though they are clones of one another, aside from the no founders fee in Zclassic.

As for Nicehash, I'm still waiting for them to drop the second repayment before returning. Based more on principle than logic, because Nicehash definitely makes me more money than MiningPoolHub. But I'm a stubborn old fool, I guess .

Not sure with those algos. Show me what Equihash looks like for your 580.
I agree, I think Verge is a better coin that Zclassic. Remember, Verge and Monero are the only two coins out there that are fully 100% private. Verge has been down and I think it's a great investment, personally. Monero is down also but not as much.

I thought about mining Zclassic but they never had a wallet available and I didn't want to mine straight to an exchange. It probably would have worked out well for me but I didn't have the time to deal with it. Plus I already have some Verge coins, I look at those as my "risky" coins and I don't really want to dabble in any others ATM.
I am a Public Mobile customer.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
14033 posts
5559 upvotes
RedToronto wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 7:55 pm
Anyone else seeing "Reimbursed pending: 0.00000001 BTC" on Nicehash. It's been like this since I got my initial 10%
Nope, mine says 0. I'm wondering when they are going to repay us some more.
I am a Public Mobile customer.
Apr 12, 2017
211 posts
91 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Feb 16th, 2018 10:22 am

Nope, mine says 0. I'm wondering when they are going to repay us some more.
They're really buying their sweet time. I'm surprised there's not as many users complaining on Twitter as before. I guess the first 10% reimbursement coupled with a promise of future low minimum payouts was enough to silence the community for now.
Apr 12, 2017
211 posts
91 upvotes
I've come to realize a noob mistake I made with one of my mining rigs.

All of a sudden, I'm noticing more rejected shares. And I'm talking about 1000 rejected for every 3000 accepted (mining equihash). After some research, it seems to be because I only have 4 gb ram, and didn't increase the virtual memory to 16gb.

But now my question is, does using a HDD (as opposed to SSD) actually have a significant affect on mining if you're using virtual memory? I'd suppose so, but I haven't looked into this long enough to come up with a solid answer.
Feb 17, 2012
629 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
RedToronto wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 9:03 pm
I've come to realize a noob mistake I made with one of my mining rigs.

All of a sudden, I'm noticing more rejected shares. And I'm talking about 1000 rejected for every 3000 accepted (mining equihash). After some research, it seems to be because I only have 4 gb ram, and didn't increase the virtual memory to 16gb.

But now my question is, does using a HDD (as opposed to SSD) actually have a significant affect on mining if you're using virtual memory? I'd suppose so, but I haven't looked into this long enough to come up with a solid answer.
Yes it is recommended you use an SSD as its faster but i really dont think its a huge issue. I have 4 GPUs and i use 32GB just to be safe. Also ever since i switched to Onboard video instead of one of my GPU's i have been online for 20 days straight. Not sure why i didnt do it prior.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
22553 posts
9141 upvotes
Ottawa
My 6 1080ti rig, only has 4GB of RAM and a 120GB SSD.
I've seen some rejected sol/s, but mostly due to being "stale".
Apr 12, 2017
211 posts
91 upvotes
Hmm, even after making the change, I'm still getting a lot of rejection. Not sure what's going on. My next moves are to revert the video card back to stock settings and to switch from wifi to wired.
Images
  • Capture.PNG