• Oct 23rd, 2017 2:34 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10255 posts
3631 upvotes
naimc wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 1:46 am
Thanks for the guide setting up for a new coin is such a pain.

What kind of speeds are you getting.

With stock settings I get about 45 MH's on 1080Ti. with the NemosMiner and the leaked SP_mod 3 gives about same speed.

GPU#0:ASUS GTX 1080 Ti, 46.09MH/s
GPU#0:EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 45.20MH/s

leaked SP_Mod 3 miner
https://me_ga.nz/#!NTZGnK6I!Ae_hv1fPaqS0hDUukce42X7bWkc_iSkXNn4VrJdZ1Gc leaked in this video
That file is no longer available. Do you know where we can get the SP_Mod 3 miner? Do you have a file you can link for us?
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10255 posts
3631 upvotes
Guys someone has released the various faster Skunk/SIGT mining softwares here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2030529.2940

I don't want to post any links directly here so that I am not violating any rules. Please do not PM me asking for the software. I'm getting 55mh/s on the mod 5 version. I was getting 52mh/s on the regular version.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10255 posts
3631 upvotes
HammerJoe wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 7:10 pm
is the version that slickeast link posted safe?
As far as I can tell, yes.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4137 posts
2422 upvotes
Toronto
Decided to mess with mining again, tried Signatum with mod5-fixed (hopefully it doesn't have a Trojan, but I didn't see anything suspicious yet).

GTX 1060 6GB 70C @ 65% Fan Speed - 17 MH/s @ -i 18
GTX 1050 2GB - 8000 KH/s @ -i 18 Face With Tears Of Joy

Made like 9 SIGT (50 cents or something) in maybe like 6-7 hours or so, seems like a waste of time in my case, but looks like not much has changed.

The biggest issue is that for any coin you need large amounts to avoid the fees and such when converting to BTC.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1125 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
The Sigt difficulty was 800 2 weeks ago, today we've seen it spike to 30 000, lots of people are jumping in, and in a couple of days, the reward per block will half, hope the price will correct itself accordingly.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10255 posts
3631 upvotes
zentro wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 11:45 pm
Decided to mess with mining again, tried Signatum with mod5-fixed (hopefully it doesn't have a Trojan, but I didn't see anything suspicious yet).

GTX 1060 6GB 70C @ 65% Fan Speed - 17 MH/s @ -i 18
GTX 1050 2GB - 8000 KH/s @ -i 18 Face With Tears Of Joy

Made like 9 SIGT (50 cents or something) in maybe like 6-7 hours or so, seems like a waste of time in my case, but looks like not much has changed.

The biggest issue is that for any coin you need large amounts to avoid the fees and such when converting to BTC.
That's still $122USD/month in profit:

https://whattomine.com/coins/191-sigt-s ... =Calculate

You have to be patient with mining. Also I have heard that there will be some sort of event on August 9th that's going to make these coins skyrocket in price.

This is the most profit I have seen since Ethereum was at its peak. I would mine as many of them as you can, if I were you.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4137 posts
2422 upvotes
Toronto
It's profitable, but not really worth it for me personally, due to time and resources, etc.

I did my own calculation, specifically for my case earlier.

Hashrate: 17 MH/s
System: 170W
Per a kWh: $0.18 (After Fees/TAX)
Energy Cost: $22 CAD (Monthly)
Profit: $90 CAD (Monthly)

Also it's rare to maintain weekly/monthly profits from my experience.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10255 posts
3631 upvotes
zentro wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 12:37 am
It's profitable, but not really worth it for me personally, due to time and resources, etc.

Well the way I look at it, about a week ago these coins were worth 2 cents. Now they're worth 6 cents. Even if they only make it to a dollar each, it will be a huge windfall. If these SIGT coins ever reach Ethereum levels that's going to turn into a significant amount of money. If you look at the long term charts of any of these coins, they all start out at a few cents each like this. Now is the time to get in on SIGT IMO.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4137 posts
2422 upvotes
Toronto
If you are sure that it will increase in value in multiples, why not drop like a thousand or two. To reach $1 value needs to increase 16.6 times, which means $1000 would be worth $16,000 if true.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1125 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
zentro wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 1:12 am
If you are sure that it will increase in value in multiples, why not drop like a thousand or two. To reach $1 value needs to increase 16.6 times, which means $1000 would be worth $16,000 if true.
I've invested $2000 in Sigt, plus mining.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1555 posts
229 upvotes
Winnipeg
zentro wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 12:37 am

Yeah mining in house is more for those who have zero to no cost for the following:
1) fast internet connection
2) low ambient temperature
3) electricity

You can buy all the fancy equipment you want. If you don't have cheap access to the above it's not worth your time. There are other more viable options out there.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4137 posts
2422 upvotes
Toronto
Problem I see with signatum is that reward will be halved soon, so a ton will probably sell it off. But most importantly is it becomes a PoS after 100k block. It's cool that it wasn't premined, but it doesn't exactly offer anything new either. Unless for some reason it picks up a ton of attention, but there is a good chance it will be a pump and dump just like many before it.

The biggest issue with most altcoins is that there is no science behind them, they change a few settings here and there and hope for the best. How many options we got now? Even ethereum (i think) is probably highly flawed as humans make huge mistakes in code, as previously seen with certain contracts.

Cryptocurrency is undergoing an evolution phase, where people are tossing everything at the wall and hoping something sticks, this could take decades.

What I think is needed is a more scientific approach, to actually do a ton of research before designing something that will simply work, at the same time solve the various issues and perhaps even do something useful. Right now it's mostly a semi-pyramid scheme with highly inflated market shares, the developers are extremely young and have little understanding of what they are creating in many cases.

I'm a bit surprised no major corporation has made something extremely popular & easily accessible yet. Like if Steam used cryptocurrency for funding crates/lootboxes & some hours of game time somehow contributed to that, because in many ways game idling for drops is like a very primitive version of mining.

You can of course profit in the wild west if you are on top of your game, also seems like SIGT is now above 7 cents, but it was also up to 13 cents at one point after launch.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4137 posts
2422 upvotes
Toronto
Also I'm curious how do people avoid the large fees for withdrawing from exchanges, dogecoin?

cryptopia
BTC: 0.0008 = $2.6
ETH: 0.01 = $2.63
DOGE: 1 = 1/5th of a penny

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)