• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2017 2:34 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10255 posts
3631 upvotes
The guys on the bitcoin talk forum are saying that we should see SIGT hit $1 per coin within a couple of weeks. Apparently it will be listed in Bittrex within a week which should skyrocket the price. That would be a very nice windfall for those of us mining this coin. I'm at block 27,530. We'll see how long it takes to get to 30,000. People have speculated that will happen on the 9th.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10255 posts
3631 upvotes
SIGT up to 12 cents now. Wow.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1776 posts
180 upvotes
Brampton
Im pretty sure its buried in here somewhere in the thread, but how do you guys trade your Cryptocurrencies to PP? Specifically, BTC?

Ive been playing around with mining with my current hardware and i managed to have about $40 CAN in coinbase. I'd appreciated if someone could point me on something they can vouch and currently use to change their BTC coins.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4137 posts
2422 upvotes
Toronto
coincards.ca is respectable but currently closed until August 7th, if you have small amounts you can buy a Amazon.ca gift card (there will be some fees however to send ofcourse), lowest amount they sell is $25 CAD. I used them once before, had no issues, I think creator is from BC and there is videos of him doing interviews and such on YouTube, when I did some research before buying a small amount a while back.

I've never owned any significant amounts to warrant using local bitcoins or connecting bank accounts to exchanges, but it's pretty risky in my opinion.

Also don't forget about capital gains and such, especially if you getting a big amount.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18332 posts
3439 upvotes
Thornhill
Switched to SIGT as per SickBeast's guide, I wanted to do it after zpool paid out but my transaction was stuck til the evening.

So far so good.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
3126 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
SickBeast wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 11:51 pm
SIGT up to 12 cents now. Wow.
14 cents soon. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
3126 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
luckystrike wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 12:04 pm
Is the sigt_supr nova_cc pool down?
The front end works intermittently (website). Shares are still being accepted and credited with SIGT just fine.

15 cents now.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2003
3399 posts
32 upvotes
Mississauga
Another question,

Those PCIE risers (1x to 16x adapter), I noticed a lot of them use SATA+USB in some ways. Here is the one I am looking at:
https://www.amazon.ca/BLOCKSMITH-PCI-E- ... iser&psc=1

For a PCIE card, I believe 75W can be drawn from the slot (at least for 16x). So how is the SATA power able to make up the difference from a 1x slot? I believe a 1x slot can supply 25W. So that is 50W difference, which seems like a lot and I would be concerned about the SATA power cable being able to carry that amount of power without becoming warm (or burning up). A hard drive barely uses 10W, an SSD likely a lot less.

Also is it a good idea to have the slot's 25W being drawn through a USB cable? Are my assumptions in this post incorrect?
MAIN:2600K-4.5Ghz|P8P67 PRO|16GB DDR31600|GTX1060 6GB OC|240GB SSD|1TB|2TB|Creative SB XFi|BD-RW|2x 24" LCD
HT:Athlon 5350|4GB DDR3
SERVER:i3 3240|8GB DDR3|320GB|3x2TB
Nov 28, 2007
182 posts
9 upvotes
Langley
zentro wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 1:49 am
coincards.ca is respectable but currently closed until August 7th, if you have small amounts you can buy a Amazon.ca gift card (there will be some fees however to send ofcourse), lowest amount they sell is $25 CAD. I used them once before, had no issues, I think creator is from BC and there is videos of him doing interviews and such on YouTube, when I did some research before buying a small amount a while back.

I've never owned any significant amounts to warrant using local bitcoins or connecting bank accounts to exchanges, but it's pretty risky in my opinion.

Also don't forget about capital gains and such, especially if you getting a big amount.
Also a long time RFD member ;) We are back open for business for anyone interested in our service :)
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4137 posts
2422 upvotes
Toronto
^ Oh nice, also looks like your lowest Amazon card is only $20 too.
Feb 22, 2010
247 posts
88 upvotes
n/a
I'm switching one of my rigs back to ethereum for now... keeping the other on sig. The easy coins have been mined already... I'm a speculator so I'll hold them.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
3126 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
kimcuc wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 11:01 am
I'm switching one of my rigs back to ethereum for now... keeping the other on sig. The easy coins have been mined already... I'm a speculator so I'll hold them.
But wouldn't it still be more profitable mining SIGT and dumping it each day? 2 GTX1070s would still be making $8 or so with SIGT versus hashing Eth yielding ~$4. You could simply buy Eth rather than mining it.
Feb 22, 2010
247 posts
88 upvotes
n/a
LegiT wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 11:38 am
But wouldn't it still be more profitable mining SIGT and dumping it each day? 2 GTX1070s would still be making $8 or so with SIGT versus hashing Eth yielding ~$4.
if you're looking for short term profits sure...
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1776 posts
180 upvotes
Brampton
zentro wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 1:49 am

Thanks man. I was able to exchange my BTC to GC.

From what i understand at the moment, there's no way to change BTC to CAN currency? Just exchanges for GC or goods or services?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)