• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2017 11:49 am
Tags:
Feb 17, 2012
475 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
Can the first post get updated with the recommended tools to use/get started or at least most popular on this forum?

My parts should arrive today and I would like to get started but every guide recommends something different and its confusing AF. I would like to use the same tools as our fellow RFDer's so we can help each other out. I feel we can get better/honest answers then your typical forum.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18607 posts
3706 upvotes
Thornhill
Frank2029 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 6:30 am
Can the first post get updated with the recommended tools to use/get started or at least most popular on this forum?

My parts should arrive today and I would like to get started but every guide recommends something different and its confusing AF. I would like to use the same tools as our fellow RFDer's so we can help each other out. I feel we can get better/honest answers then your typical forum.
Honestly, I'd start with something like Nicehash which has a simple UI and is really basic. You pay a fee (4%) and the hash rates aren't always great, but its still something. Learn what each setting does, learn why your clocks may or may not change your rates and temps, experiment.

Once you know the basics, you can start looking for more advanced (though SickBeasts' guides are pretty easy to follow) mining and then find and ride the wave.

The biggest problem is really finding a wallet to use, theres so many pros and cons for every one, especially with security issues. I use Exodus but I am still very wary about it.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
2517 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
Frank2029 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 6:30 am

What parts are you getting? There were just many options to mine due to volatility of the market.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
This line is heavy..
Feb 17, 2012
475 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
coriolis wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 10:08 am

Honestly, I'd start with something like Nicehash which has a simple UI and is really basic. You pay a fee (4%) and the hash rates aren't always great, but its still something. Learn what each setting does, learn why your clocks may or may not change your rates and temps, experiment.

Once you know the basics, you can start looking for more advanced (though SickBeasts' guides are pretty easy to follow) mining and then find and ride the wave.

The biggest problem is really finding a wallet to use, theres so many pros and cons for every one, especially with security issues. I use Exodus but I am still very wary about it.

Thanks I will look into that ASAP.

osuman wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 10:27 am
What parts are you getting? There were just many options to mine due to volatility of the market.
4x 1070's
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2305 posts
156 upvotes
Its looks like supernva dashboard is working and I have an efficiency rate of 85%. What is yours?
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2003
3403 posts
32 upvotes
Mississauga
greatauroro28 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 12:33 pm
I use 6-pin-to-sata riser I bought from Amazon. I just connect one riser per sata rail from the PSU and it's been my setup for 6 weeks now. My rig is 6x Rx580 dual-mining eth+sia.
Use quadrigacx.com.
Create an account, undergo the verification methods and you're gold. You'd have to fund your account first with ETH or BTC then you can exchange them into fiat currency i.e. Canadian dollars.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated!
HammerJoe wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 12:46 pm
Its looks like supernva dashboard is working and I have an efficiency rate of 85%. What is yours?
I am using aikapool (any good anyone?) and my efficiency is always in the high 90s, so it seems a bit low to me, but hopefully someone with more knowledge and experience will comment.
MAIN:2600K-4.5Ghz|P8P67 PRO|16GB DDR31600|GTX1060 6GB OC|240GB SSD|1TB|2TB|Creative SB XFi|BD-RW|2x 24" LCD
HT:Athlon 5350|4GB DDR3
SERVER:i3 3240|8GB DDR3|320GB|3x2TB
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1073 posts
450 upvotes
HammerJoe wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 12:46 pm
Yeah. It's finally working and showing some useful info. Mine is 100%. Number of miners on Supernova has dropped from some 12K to 7K. And similar trend has been observed across other pools as well. Which means that even with halved reward, Supernova projects I will mine more coins per day. lol. Also thinking of buying some 1000 coins of Cryptopia.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4197 posts
2451 upvotes
Toronto
Mine is usually 100%, I mine periodically however.

This interview with project lead is interesting, starts at 5 minute 4 second mark.

Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1073 posts
450 upvotes
zentro wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 2:54 pm
I found out that the same guy in the q&a stream has been accused of various things in relation to burstcoin, may want to have a read: https://www.burstnation.com/wbb/index.p ... onzi-scam/
Yes, but aren't most of these coins anyway a ponzi scheme. You get more people in to create more demand, and cash out before it goes bust. lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4197 posts
2451 upvotes
Toronto
Bitcoin price is pretty insane right now. Signatum is down however, still over 7 cents in value somehow. palginmod-1.1.1 is my favorite miner so far, has very stable power and seems to get identical hashrate to others. I only mine a few hours at night to test stuff mostly.

I think I got like 280 SIGT, which is like $20 USD, half that I mined I think. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes Mining is extremely unpredictable and seems like not worth it.

I even messed around with https://keybase.io/warp/ with the 20btc challenge and testing some software getting 2 hash a sec on it. Smiling Face With Open Mouth Also holy crap I forgot how shitty windows is for compiling/development in certain aspects.

It's been a fun experience, I never messed with markets before, selling and buying was kind of fun, I think I profited like 2-3 SIGT in the end and realized how risky it is.

In other news I saw some rumors that vega doesn't perform that well for hash rate, but I guess we will find out in a couple of days.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18607 posts
3706 upvotes
Thornhill
It's interesting how mining rates dipped, but the profits (being paid in BTC) didn't change. I'm now getting under 0.9 mBTC /day but thats still $4 USD. A few weeks ago, it was 1.7 mBTC/day and it was $4 too.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1073 posts
450 upvotes
coriolis wrote:
Aug 13th, 2017 10:48 am
It's interesting how mining rates dipped, but the profits (being paid in BTC) didn't change. I'm now getting under 0.9 mBTC /day but thats still $4 USD. A few weeks ago, it was 1.7 mBTC/day and it was $4 too.
All thanks to BTC price, which is close to 4200USD now I guess.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1073 posts
450 upvotes
BTC is on a roll. So I am stopping SIGT for now, and switching to Nicehash for sometime.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1047 posts
136 upvotes
Burlington, ON
I have been mining ETH for about a month now using nanopool and claymores miner. I had about 0.35 worth and just checked my balance on etherscan.io and it now shows a balance of 0. The address it shows being transferred to is 0x988C28f35EC6af0e64189dA3AB6B8EcFd9706A6F.

Does anyone know how this would have been transferred out from my ethereum wallet? I haven't transferred from my wallet before and have only used the ethereum wallet.