• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 5:47 pm
Tags:
Oct 1, 2012
52 posts
4 upvotes
Edmonton
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering what wallet everyone is using on here?
I just started and i was using coinbase and just found out i can't sell my bitcoin on there so wouldn't mind moving it to another wallet.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2011
1751 posts
744 upvotes
Saint John
mounma wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 6:30 pm
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering what wallet everyone is using on here?
I just started and i was using coinbase and just found out i can't sell my bitcoin on there so wouldn't mind moving it to another wallet.

Thanks
For Ether, I use MyEtherWallet. It stores the private key encrypted on your computer but has an online interface (password protected) to monitor your account. If you want to sell coins, Kraken supports withdrawals in Canada, but it's not really a wallet so not a good idea to keep your coins there long term.
Jul 26, 2008
182 posts
103 upvotes
Montreal
I had my BTC stash on the Blockchain.info online wallet since 2012, then prior to the BTC fork I transferred everything over to the Jaxx Wallet. It supports multiple currencies, very usefully I hate having local wallets, sycing the block chain is always a pain. Example my local Signatum wallet has been out of sync for 3 weeks.

Currently using the Jaxx Zcash wallet for my minning. (read after the fact that wallet should not be used for mining, but no ill effect to date. Used to mine to my zcash directly to poloniex account but i would always sell, decided its was just better accumulate the zcash to see how it play's out.

Still waiting for for Jaxx to support the Bitcoin cash chain, every day this is the top question on the Jazz Reddit page.

I also say comments that JAZZ should not be used to store large amount of BTC. So I am not sure which direction I'll be heading next.

You can find a full list of wallets here : https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/#/overview
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2029 posts
255 upvotes
So did the rise in difficulty happen yet? At this rate people will never be selling cheap video cards :(
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2269 posts
150 upvotes
Is nicehash not paying?
I have 0.0141 btc on my balance and i expected a payment today.
Feb 17, 2012
456 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
HammerJoe wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 7:55 pm
Is nicehash not paying?
I have 0.0141 btc on my balance and i expected a payment today.
Looks like they are doing a system maintainance according to their mining stats page. That could be it.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2011
1751 posts
744 upvotes
Saint John
coilz wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 4:46 pm
So did the rise in difficulty happen yet? At this rate people will never be selling cheap video cards :(
Difficulty is always rising. If it hadn't been for the major price increase over the last few weeks, people would already be selling cards.
Feb 22, 2010
247 posts
88 upvotes
n/a
fhmontibeller wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 10:18 am
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/ethereum/cad

Ethereum is skyrocketing and I strongly believe that it will reach the 1000 (usd) mark this year, sor far mining has paid off - the hydro costs increased just 5$ monthly while 0.2 ETH value raised from 50$ to 100$.
That's a bold prediction! I hope you're right. Anyone here thinks it's worth adding cards to their rigs? Or building new ones?
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10470 posts
3786 upvotes
Wow guys I really gambled wrong on SIGT. It's falling fast, down below 4 cents US. I converted half my ETH to SIGT when it dropped to around 4 cents US before. I'm worried it might go down to zero. The trading volume on Cryptopia is way down, people are saying it might be a dead coin. I'm going to hold mine in the hope that it could still recover but it's not looking good. What are you guys doing with your SIGT coins? Did you sell them or are you holding them?
I am a Zoomer customer.
Feb 22, 2010
247 posts
88 upvotes
n/a
SickBeast wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 1:17 pm
Wow guys I really gambled wrong on SIGT. It's falling fast, down below 4 cents US. I converted half my ETH to SIGT when it dropped to around 4 cents US before. I'm worried it might go down to zero. The trading volume on Cryptopia is way down, people are saying it might be a dead coin. I'm going to hold mine in the hope that it could still recover but it's not looking good. What are you guys doing with your SIGT coins? Did you sell them or are you holding them?
At this point it's not worth selling my sigt so I've just tucked them away in my wallet -- I don't even think about them. There's lots of other coins to speculate on, and there'll be more in the future. Monero, zcash and others have been on a tear recently. I hear ya tho, it probably took you some time to accumulate that Eth you had.
Feb 22, 2010
247 posts
88 upvotes
n/a
Guys... Some big news sending ripples through the crypto currency markets; China is banning initial coin offereings. You can google it. Lots of coins are down due to speculation on what it could mean for crypto as a whole...
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18454 posts
3597 upvotes
Thornhill
Oh boy, something big is about to happen!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8247 posts
621 upvotes
Toronto
Are there any new coins that you guys have started mining? Wonder what happened to that one... I can't remember the name but I kept seeing Facebook ads for it stating it would work with Visa and all that.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10470 posts
3786 upvotes
So does this new China ban only affect new coins? If so then we could come out ok with ethereum, just give it some time. I refuse to sell now at such a loss. I have learned that you have to be bold when others are fearful when it comes to investing. We will see though, this could easily all go to zero.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Feb 22, 2010
247 posts
88 upvotes
n/a
It affects icos and any trading with coins created by icos... they're clamping down on the pump and dump schemes. Crypto is largely unregulated, so I expect other governments and regulatory bodies to start doing the same. The Canadian regulators have piped up recently saying crypto needs oversight. Are people paying taxes on coins? Also saw somewhere that the Russian government is trying to restrict/ban residential mining.