Tags:
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1967 posts
430 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
SickBeast wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 11:33 am
We will see though, this could easily all go to zero.
I would bank everything I have and know on that not happening.
Sep 13, 2016
946 posts
409 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 1:17 pm
Wow guys I really gambled wrong on SIGT. It's falling fast, down below 4 cents US. I converted half my ETH to SIGT when it dropped to around 4 cents US before. I'm worried it might go down to zero. The trading volume on Cryptopia is way down, people are saying it might be a dead coin. I'm going to hold mine in the hope that it could still recover but it's not looking good. What are you guys doing with your SIGT coins? Did you sell them or are you holding them?
SickBeast wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 11:33 am
So does this new China ban only affect new coins? If so then we could come out ok with ethereum, just give it some time. I refuse to sell now at such a loss. I have learned that you have to be bold when others are fearful when it comes to investing. We will see though, this could easily all go to zero.
I have around 3K SIGT which I am just going to leave as is. At 4 cents a coin, these are anyway worthless to sell at the moment. Also, if ICOs are discouraged or banned, it can have an indirect impact on ETH prices as well.
Sep 23, 2008
64 posts
113 upvotes
Barrie
XtremeModder wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 10:53 am
Are there any new coins that you guys have started mining? Wonder what happened to that one... I can't remember the name but I kept seeing Facebook ads for it stating it would work with Visa and all that.
Well it's been out for a few months now, but I've invested and been mining ZenCash. I really like how active the development team is and they're very good at keeping the community in the loop. It's forked from zCash and they're pretty close to launching there secured node system (think dash with masternodes) and I'm guessing there will a nice bump from that... But really if they can pull off what they want to achieve, I think this coin will do well and is worth the long term risk.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1135 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
SickBeast wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 1:17 pm
Wow guys I really gambled wrong on SIGT. It's falling fast, down below 4 cents US. I converted half my ETH to SIGT when it dropped to around 4 cents US before. I'm worried it might go down to zero. The trading volume on Cryptopia is way down, people are saying it might be a dead coin. I'm going to hold mine in the hope that it could still recover but it's not looking good. What are you guys doing with your SIGT coins? Did you sell them or are you holding them?
It's gonna be fine in a long term. Also 900 sat is not bad, some coins cost 15.
Feb 17, 2012
456 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
The amount of BTC mined has decreased quite a bit the last few days....

Im using nicehash. With 4x GTX 1070's im mining roughly 0.00176 BTC/day

Whats everyone else doing?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1135 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
Rocky road, 1080 Tis make almost nothing with NiceHash. Doesn't mean one should stop, keep grinding the gears.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10470 posts
3786 upvotes
So guys I just set up a dual Vega mining rig with two Vega 56 cards. I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed with the performance. I get around 33mh/s for each card, for a total of 66mh/s in the Claymore miner for Ethereum. That's barely faster than my GTX 1070 cards with higher power consumption and more heat and noise. I'm trying Nicehash now. I'm using the special AMD mining driver and I have the memory overclocked to 950mhz. There isn't much more I can do. I just really resent the shills who say Vega can mine at 44mh/s. It's simply not true. I tried raising the power limit to +30% and the cards got crazy hot in seconds, I had to set it back down almost instantly. If those guys were able to do it, they must have used a cherry picked Vega 64 card with excellent cooling. And I'm sure the power consumption would have been nuts.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2002
3556 posts
450 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 11:05 pm
So guys I just set up a dual Vega mining rig with two Vega 56 cards. I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed with the performance. I get around 33mh/s for each card, for a total of 66mh/s in the Claymore miner for Ethereum. That's barely faster than my GTX 1070 cards with higher power consumption and more heat and noise. I'm trying Nicehash now. I'm using the special AMD mining driver and I have the memory overclocked to 950mhz. There isn't much more I can do. I just really resent the shills who say Vega can mine at 44mh/s. It's simply not true. I tried raising the power limit to +30% and the cards got crazy hot in seconds, I had to set it back down almost instantly. If those guys were able to do it, they must have used a cherry picked Vega 64 card with excellent cooling. And I'm sure the power consumption would have been nuts.
Have you tried undervolting? That seems necessary because Vega will throttle at default voltages.

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/et ... t-39063213

But 44 was misleading because they were actually mining Ubiq, an Ethash based coin that's only at DAG epoch 7.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10470 posts
3786 upvotes
SLee wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 11:24 pm
Have you tried undervolting? That seems necessary because Vega will throttle at default voltages.

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/et ... t-39063213

But 44 was misleading because they were actually mining Ubiq, an Ethash based coin that's only at DAG epoch 7.
I haven't tried undervolting, it looks tricky. It's not my computer and I don't want to have to deal with troubleshooting instability. I might try it tomorrow. The best thing to do is flash the Vega 56 cards to the Vega 64 BIOS, but again, it's not my hardware and I'm not taking any chances. I just want people to know that Vega is not the mining beast that people like @Ceryx says it is. Not even close. I have to say I'm disappointed and the GTX 1070 cards probably would have been better, even at the inflated prices.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10470 posts
3786 upvotes
Dual Vega 56 is giving me close to $4USD/day in Nicehash. Not bad I guess. I was hoping for more though. I think I will stick to Claymore dual mining. Any suggestions for the second coin with AMD hardware?
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
3623 posts
1341 upvotes
Toronto
SickBeast wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 11:32 pm
I haven't tried undervolting, it looks tricky. It's not my computer and I don't want to have to deal with troubleshooting instability. I might try it tomorrow. The best thing to do is flash the Vega 56 cards to the Vega 64 BIOS, but again, it's not my hardware and I'm not taking any chances. I just want people to know that Vega is not the mining beast that people like @Ceryx says it is. Not even close. I have to say I'm disappointed and the GTX 1070 cards probably would have been better, even at the inflated prices.
Vega needs to be undervolting to get good has heard efficiency...Flash to 64 is not a good idea.

http://m.mydrivers.com/newsview/547045.html?ref=
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18454 posts
3597 upvotes
Thornhill
My 1080ti does 0.7 BTC per day, a bit over $3 now, though I only run it about 15-20 hrs a day. I have recovered more than half of the cost of it since July. I am not sure if it'll ever get to ROI at this rate.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10470 posts
3786 upvotes
Ceryx wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 7:54 am
Vega needs to be undervolting to get good has heard efficiency...Flash to 64 is not a good idea.

http://m.mydrivers.com/newsview/547045.html?ref=
I tried undervolting and it made no difference. I set the core to 1550mhz at 1000mv, however it wouldn't lock on to that frequency during mining unless I increased the power limit, which was counterproductive. It did not help my temperatures or my hash rate which tells me it did absolutely nothing.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8247 posts
621 upvotes
Toronto
Well I am going to try and see how mining (with my 1070 8gb) UBIQ goes. Right now I JUST set it up and am getting 28MH/s Not sure how long it will take to mine a single coin but I guess I'll find out.

Saw that its somewhat of a newer coin and the difficulty isn't too high (DAG of 7? I don't really understand how it all works). Anyone with any opinions on this coin?
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
10470 posts
3786 upvotes
Do you guys know how to assemble a mining computer with 5+ graphics cards? I notice my motherboard has a total of five PCI-E ports. I assume that means I can use 5 GPUs for mining. Would I use PCI-E riser cables? Do any of you guys have a link to those types of cables? Are they simple to setup, just plug and play? Please let me know, I am very interested in this. Thanks.
I am a Zoomer customer.