Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
9019 posts
195 upvotes
Ironsmack wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 2:22 pm
Is this with Nicehash? Ive been using them for almost 3 months and i notice the payout seems to take longer and longer. Last month, i waited for 3+ weeks just to get my balance paid.
No, I'm using Nanopool
it's me ramin.
Sep 13, 2016
955 posts
409 upvotes
Ironsmack wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 2:22 pm
Is this with Nicehash? Ive been using them for almost 3 months and i notice the payout seems to take longer and longer. Last month, i waited for 3+ weeks just to get my balance paid.
For balances around 0.01BTC, the payouts are only once a week.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2006
1038 posts
57 upvotes
coriolis wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 8:58 am
GTX1080Ti here, doing 730-750 Sols/s for Equihash for the past month. With the increased difficulty and miners in general, my BTC/day has dropped from 1.3 mBTC/day to 0.8 mBTC/day, I've seen as low as 0.5 mBTC/day. Of course with the current BTC price around $42xx as it peaked at 45xx and 49xx only a month ago, its hard to gauge the earnings.

As for Zcash/Equihash, in the past month the total equihash hashrate from miners went up 75%, Zcash was a decent option on Nicehash, because everything else is pretty crap. I also mine Skunk and Keccak which sometimes switches to but doesn't last more then 10 minutes. Cryptovalue in general is down 20%-40% too, which skews profits.

I'll PM you my miner page if you want to look at more details
Newbie question but why aren't you mining Zcash directly? I hear Nicehash takes a big percentage of your profits.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18497 posts
3628 upvotes
Thornhill
enigma54 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 4:24 pm
Newbie question but why aren't you mining Zcash directly? I hear Nicehash takes a big percentage of your profits.
It's easier. I know I am not getting optimal profits, but they pay out in BTC and its basically set it and forget it. Mining is definitely interesting but I usually leave it alone. I don't want to deal with converting funds back and forth to different wallets, worrying about the extra % fees, etc. While I do definitely understand the point of mining altcoins, the fluctuation is much more wild then BTC, where it fluctuates but is still fairly strong. Not right now, but I'm okay with it.
Nov 13, 2011
412 posts
123 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Aren't there also fees for trading Zcash to BTC? wouldn't those fees cancel out with Nicehash fees? plus pool fees ?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8264 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto
enigma54 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 4:24 pm
Are you mining zcash only? I currently just started and the value of where it stands now (Dropped about $9-$10USD this morning) nets me around $1.50-$2.00 per day... not sure if worth running my 1070 24/7, I'm not OC'ing it and running it at 75% of its power limit so maybe it won't be so bad...

I'm more curious if just buying the coin itself is worth the risk.

Using the JAXX wallet on my Win 10 PC. Is anyone familiar with this wallet? ie. is it safe?
Feb 22, 2010
247 posts
88 upvotes
n/a
XtremeModder wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 10:15 am
Are you mining zcash only? I currently just started and the value of where it stands now (Dropped about $9-$10USD this morning) nets me around $1.50-$2.00 per day... not sure if worth running my 1070 24/7, I'm not OC'ing it and running it at 75% of its power limit so maybe it won't be so bad...

Using the JAXX wallet on my Win 10 PC. Is anyone familiar with this wallet? ie. is it safe?
All coins are down today.. are you using AMD or Nvidia and which card. How many SOls are you getting?

Folks are saying that at this stage of the game, buying coins are better than mining them -- less upfront investment costs, less time setting up and maintaining rigs, quicker ROI etc. etc.
I use Jaxx and Exodus. Both of these wallets support shape shifting, but Jaxx supports more coins. Jaxx has a mobile wallet and Exodus doesn't. Jaxx was subject to a lot of negative news because someone lost a bunch of money and folks bash it.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2006
1038 posts
57 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 10:15 am

I'm just mining ethereum so far, but I'm curious to try mining another coin. What zcash pool are you using?
Feb 22, 2010
247 posts
88 upvotes
n/a
enigma54 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 4:09 pm
I'm just mining ethereum so far, but I'm curious to try mining another coin. What zcash pool are you using?
Nanopool
Sep 12, 2017
17 posts
IndyBeak wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 4:11 pm
For balances around 0.01BTC, the payouts are only once a week.
In my experience payouts are faster if you open an acct at Nicehash and use their btc wallet, they will deposit to it at a lower threshhold than if you are using a bitcoin address with a non Nicehash wallet.
Feb 22, 2010
247 posts
88 upvotes
n/a
thewhopper wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 8:20 pm
In my experience payouts are faster if you open an acct at Nicehash and use their btc wallet, they will deposit to it at a lower threshhold than if you are using a bitcoin address with a non Nicehash wallet.
But if you transfer out of their btc wallet with a low amount of btc they ding ya. You have to let it build up a bit to avoid high transfer fees.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1472 posts
149 upvotes
Oakville
kimcuc wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 2:57 pm
Folks are saying that at this stage of the game, buying coins are better than mining them -- financial pyramid needs fresh blood cash
Fixed. ;)
Sep 12, 2017
17 posts
kimcuc wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 9:21 pm
But if you transfer out of their btc wallet with a low amount of btc they ding ya. You have to let it build up a bit to avoid high transfer fees.
But my point is that at least the btc is in a wallet and withdraw-able.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8264 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto
kimcuc wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 2:57 pm
All coins are down today.. are you using AMD or Nvidia and which card. How many SOls are you getting?

Folks are saying that at this stage of the game, buying coins are better than mining them -- less upfront investment costs, less time setting up and maintaining rigs, quicker ROI etc. etc.
I use Jaxx and Exodus. Both of these wallets support shape shifting, but Jaxx supports more coins. Jaxx has a mobile wallet and Exodus doesn't. Jaxx was subject to a lot of negative news because someone lost a bunch of money and folks bash it.
enigma54 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 4:09 pm

I'm using a single Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition 8GB and getting roughly 380-480 Sol/s

Also, for now I'm using flypool, may switch to nano pool. It states as an estimate that my monthly earnings will be $50.xx USD per month. So not sure if it's worth the strain on my GPU 24/7 or not. It's running at 60% power if I'm not mistaken but I'll check when I get home tonight

I may also start buying ZCoin but not 100% sure on the process of buying and selling