Personal Finance

etter from Credit Bureau of Canada Collections - what to do?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2018 1:59 pm
[OP]
Nov 29, 2017
6 posts

etter from Credit Bureau of Canada Collections - what to do?

I just received this letter from the Credit Bureau of Canada Collections stating I owe $6000 for an unpaid freedom mobile plan. My issue is that I've never had an account with freedom mobile. They are demanding that I pay within 10 days or it will affect my credit score on transunion/equifax.

I have never dealt with a collections agency and its a little shocking seeing the amount as I am still very young.

Any advice or where to start? I asked them for proof account from freedom mobile so far.
2 replies
Dec 24, 2007
379 posts
266 upvotes
BC
plxGORF wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 12:58 pm
I just received this letter from the Credit Bureau of Canada Collections stating I owe $6000 for an unpaid freedom mobile plan. My issue is that I've never had an account with freedom mobile.
Since you never dealt with Freedom Mobile, they could be fishing for the right "John Doe" by randomly sending out letters hoping the John Doe will bite.

Asking for proof is a good start. Even if they are right that you owed money on some old debt, after a number of years (depending upon the province) the debt is dropped off your credit history.
Jun 29, 2012
616 posts
152 upvotes
Vancouver
How old are you? More importantly were you of age when you allegedly opened this account? Don't fret. If it is legit and you do owe your account will already be compromised. Once a debt gets to Collections that means it's already been reported to Equifax/Transunion.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)