Wheels and Tires

Locked: EV enthusiast/owner thread - only!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2018 1:35 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11294 posts
6292 upvotes
Ontario

EV enthusiast/owner thread - only!

Please lock
Last edited by Andro on Oct 29th, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11294 posts
6292 upvotes
Ontario
*reserved for future*
Jan 16, 2017
575 posts
339 upvotes
I have an EV but I also have other vehicles. I wonder if this is the case for other ppl too. I use the ev as my daily commuter because of the low cost to run.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11294 posts
6292 upvotes
Ontario
reesefitzmaurice wrote: I have an EV but I also have other vehicles. I wonder if this is the case for other ppl too. I use the ev as my daily commuter because of the low cost to run.
When I got my first ev I had another ice. However, I quickly realized I really like ev, so I switched other ice to ev too.

Significantly cheaper cost to run is great, but I also like the performance of EVs too, instant torque everywhere is really nice. I find the ac, heater, heated seats, heated steering wheel, all come on much quicker than ice, which is very convenient.

What I find surprising is that my range is very good even in temperatures hovering close to 0c or slightly below, even with winter tires. I still get consistently over the posted range in both cars. (leaf posted range 240, I get over 260km). I am expecting some further drop when we get to - 10-20c as others predicted, but it appears it won't be as massive as originally anticipated.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
Why do you need another EV thread when there's already a few threads about ownership and discussion which you state is the entire purpose of this thread.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
I own an EV, and this thread is wholesomely unnecessary and terribly conceived.

I wished I had more than 1 downvote to give.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11294 posts
6292 upvotes
Ontario
koffey wrote: I own an EV, and this thread is wholesomely unnecessary and terribly conceived.

I wished I had more than 1 downvote to give.
Thank you for your generous downvotes, I appreciate the effort. Noted and submitted for lock