Travel

EVA Air/Air Canada - Direct daily service from Toronto - Taipei and Vancouver - Taipei

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2017 7:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10279 posts
650 upvotes
Toronto

EVA Air/Air Canada - Direct daily service from Toronto - Taipei and Vancouver - Taipei

EVA Air: Direct daily service from Toronto to Taipei and Vancouver to Taipei starting June 15.
Air Canada: Daily flights from Vancouver to Taipei starting June 8.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1146 posts
338 upvotes
New York City
BUMP! Has anyone flown the YYZ-TPE route?

While there's plenty of info on FlyerTalk, would be nice to hear feedback from RFDers, thanks!
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1125 posts
259 upvotes
Oakville
Same here.

Looking to use EVA next spring and hoping that they'll be flying the 787 from YYZ by then.
Deliveries were supposed to start in 2017 but seems none received so far.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1773 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
McKinsey wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:07 am
BUMP! Has anyone flown the YYZ-TPE route?

While there's plenty of info on FlyerTalk, would be nice to hear feedback from RFDers, thanks!
I flew it in August from YYZ-TPE-OKA and it was awesome. 10000 times better than AC crap. Seats were nice and wide! I'm already planning to fly YYZ-TPE-HKG in a couple month.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1146 posts
338 upvotes
New York City
solo. wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 1:45 pm
I flew it in August from YYZ-TPE-OKA and it was awesome. 10000 times better than AC crap. Seats were nice and wide! I'm already planning to fly YYZ-TPE-HKG in a couple month.
Nice. Were you in Economy, Premium or Business?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1773 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
McKinsey wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 2:16 pm
Nice. Were you in Economy, Premium or Business?
It was Economy. The only warning I can only give is to choose the Asian style food when offered (as opposed to Western). I chose the Western a few times and it was truly horrible.

So I did YYZ-TPE-OKA and the way back was HKG-TPE-LAX.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10154 posts
704 upvotes
Mississauga
solo. wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 2:57 pm
It was Economy. The only warning I can only give is to choose the Asian style food when offered (as opposed to Western). I chose the Western a few times and it was truly horrible.

So I did YYZ-TPE-OKA and the way back was HKG-TPE-LAX.
I'll be flying with Eva YYZ>TPE>HKG and back in February. Can you confirm if there was a USB port (or an AC outlet) available for each seat in Economy? I've checked and am getting conflicting information.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1773 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
Talamasca wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 4:21 pm
I'll be flying with Eva YYZ>TPE>HKG and back in February. Can you confirm if there was a USB port (or an AC outlet) available for each seat in Economy? I've checked and am getting conflicting information.
Yup, there was a USB on the back of the headrest.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10279 posts
650 upvotes
Toronto
I flew the EVA Air YYZ-TPE route in business class last December. The route is serviced by a Boeing 777-300ER. Very courteous FAs, great service and food was pretty good. Great experience overall.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1146 posts
338 upvotes
New York City
Aznsilvrboy wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 7:08 pm
I flew the EVA Air YYZ-TPE route in business class last December. The route is serviced by a Boeing 777-300ER. Very courteous FAs, great service and food was pretty good. Great experience overall.
Did you select your meal online? Having a tough choice deciding between the lobster thermidor, lobster in xo sauce or bbq duck.

Did you sit in the front cabin or the mid near economy?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10279 posts
650 upvotes
Toronto
McKinsey wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:22 pm
Did you select your meal online? Having a tough choice deciding between the lobster thermidor, lobster in xo sauce or bbq duck.

Did you sit in the front cabin or the mid near economy?
No I just picked my meal after I got onboard. I sat in seat 6G which is the front cabin.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4367 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto
Aznsilvrboy wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 7:08 pm
I am thinking of flying EVA Air next year, is their economy class better compare to Cathay? Thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
4109 posts
1347 upvotes
I flew economy on EVA air. i think it's on par with delta. maybe a bit more leg room on eva air, but it's been a while i've flown delta tho. i've flown both to asia from toronto.
Jul 22, 2017
93 posts
41 upvotes
cgtlky wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:51 am
I am thinking of flying EVA Air next year, is their economy class better compare to Cathay? Thanks
Both EVA and Cathay economy are pretty similar quality in terms of direct flight from past experiences. Definitely better experience than Air Canada.
Good service. The seating space was alright, but might not be comfortable for tall people.
The food was so-so. For a 12 hr+ flight, it's good enough.
EVA air is with the star alliance, so I usually chose them over Cathay pacific for gathering mileage points.

Just a little add on information, if booking a flight with EVA air to Japan from Vancouver with TPE as transfer stop, there is a chance that the connecting flight will be on their Sanrio/Kitty jet.
This happened to me in one of my trip, and I was completely surprised by that since it didn't indicated on my itinerary, until the check in counter gave me a kitty plane ticket.

This is what the meal looks like on my trip with EVA air.
It's not that bad.
Just some springy prawns and weird texture bread. Smiling Face With Sunglasses The desert fudge cake and potato salad were enjoyable though.
Noot Noot!❗😄
Great coffee, better mind!
Aeropress + Metal filter | Hario V60 | French press | Vietnamese coffee filter
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10279 posts
650 upvotes
Toronto
cgtlky wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:51 am
I've never flow Cathay, so I can't tell you which is better. Sorry.