Travel

EVA Air/Air Canada - Direct daily service from Toronto - Taipei and Vancouver - Taipei

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2017 7:13 pm
Nov 22, 2010
678 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
PenguinRei wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 5:06 pm
Both EVA and Cathay economy are pretty similar quality in terms of direct flight from past experiences. Definitely better experience than Air Canada.
Good service. The seating space was alright, but might not be comfortable for tall people.
The food was so-so. For a 12 hr+ flight, it's good enough.
Service wise, they are pretty much identical. For food, I slightly prefer EVA. They both leave past midnight and arrive very early in the morning. Definitely prefer either of them over AC. The seats are still 9 across (for now), vs. AC's 10 across HD seating.
Nov 22, 2010
678 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
McKinsey wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:22 pm
Did you select your meal online? Having a tough choice deciding between the lobster thermidor, lobster in xo sauce or bbq duck.
They offer online meal selection on YYZ-TPE now? I flew them a few months ago and they only offered the online choices on TPE-YYZ. In any case, I really enjoyed the rack of lamb (if you have that choice).
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
3269 posts
1130 upvotes
My wife and I fly EVA Air from YYZ every year or two to SE Asia in premium economy. Eva Air is usually about $1000+ cheaper than Cathay Pacific for PE. Food is nothing special but like the seating for these long flights to Asia.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1146 posts
338 upvotes
New York City
travelgeek wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:37 am
They offer online meal selection on YYZ-TPE now? I flew them a few months ago and they only offered the online choices on TPE-YYZ. In any case, I really enjoyed the rack of lamb (if you have that choice).
Might be a new thing, didn't see the lamb though.

Current menu:
Braised Pork with Soya Sauce Served with Vegetables and Steamed Rice
Noodle Soup with BBQ Duck Served with Marinated Konnyaku and Cucumber
Pan Seared Sea Bass with Creamy Dill Sauce Served with Vegetables and Potatoes
ExclusiveStir Fried Lobster with XO Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
ExclusiveGrilled Medallion Veal Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Pasta Cavatappi Lobster with Cheese
ExclusiveLobster Thermidor Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mixed Wild Rice
ExclusivePotato Crusted Salmon Served with Seasonal Vegetables
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40917 posts
9840 upvotes
Do they offer cheaper wine to economy class passengers?
Jan 14, 2017
165 posts
40 upvotes
McKinsey wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:22 pm
Did you select your meal online? Having a tough choice deciding between the lobster thermidor, lobster in xo sauce or bbq duck.

Did you sit in the front cabin or the mid near economy?
We fly with EVA business class at least once a year to TPE and we always sit in the middle cabin because our 2 toddlers are with us. I love it how it's a short walk to the washrooms and kitchen for the kids but you do get some noise from the PE...

As food wise, we pretty much had everything on the menu for pre order and found the light dinner one (usually a noodle with meat) to be best. Service is always hit and miss depending on the crew and the load. One summer, there were only 6 passengers in Business class n the flight to Taiwan!!!
Jul 22, 2017
93 posts
41 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:36 pm
Do they offer cheaper wine to economy class passengers?
Well, this is what they had on their menu for EVA economy class on my trip earlier this year.
Noot Noot!❗😄
Great coffee, better mind!
Aeropress + Metal filter | Hario V60 | French press | Vietnamese coffee filter