• Sep 20th, 2017 8:07 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
8522 posts
433 upvotes
Mississauga
blaznazn22 wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 4:27 pm
Anyone know how long the incentives are going to last for?? I'd like to get an EV within 5 years hopefully. Im not sure where the government is getting the funds to pay for this subsidy. If it's carbon taxes or gasoline car registration fees then I'm completely fine with that. There is a cost of pollution and it's time ICE cars paid their fair share without getting constant subsidies. But if the government is getting the funds from debt or other sources, then I'm guessing the gravy train will be coming to an end shortly. I just want to know when that is so I can make some plans. Thanks!
The ON government INTENDS to keep the program until 2022 or if the program funds are exhausted, but depends on if Liberal gov wins or loses next election around June. I'm in the same boat so most likely I'll try my best to use the rebate by first few months of 2018, but who really knows, the shortage of all the EVs suck right now.
Feb 23, 2017
82 posts
49 upvotes
Hey Guys, we are in the market for another car and were looking into EVs. Just wondering if there's anyone who would know what the estimated date of receival would be if we were to order it today. For any ev under ~$40000. Is there any EVs that are in inventory at dealers? Such as the eGolf or FFE or even the Fusion Energi
Aug 3, 2008
837 posts
575 upvotes
Ottawa
hanzala27 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 2:43 pm
Hey Guys, we are in the market for another car and were looking into EVs. Just wondering if there's anyone who would know what the estimated date of receival would be if we were to order it today. For any ev under ~$40000. Is there any EVs that are in inventory at dealers? Such as the eGolf or FFE or even the Fusion Energi
I just got an email today from Montreal dealership that this FFE is still in stock and asked if I want to test drive it. It seems like the last one in stock in Eastern Canada. If someone wants to get it, better call the dealer and put a deposit over the phone, lol. I bought one in July and couldn't be happier.
You should be able to find Fusion Energi or order 2018, but it's not BEV, it's PHEV (plug-in hybrid) and rebate is just $7730
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
4042 posts
1099 upvotes
Kingston, ON
hanzala27 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 2:43 pm
Leaf and Volt are probably going to have decent inventory around. Leaf is about to be replaced by a 2nd gen model, so you may even be able to get current ones at good deals. Ford's C-Max Energi and Fusion Energi are PHEVs that get smaller credits in ON so they haven't been as popular / unobtanium as the waitlisted FFE.
Sep 11, 2009
282 posts
19 upvotes
Thornhill
From the Toronto Electric Vehicle Association Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TEVAssociation/

" Great news is Mitsubishi Outlander finally arriving Feb 2018 with starting price of 42k minus approx 10k in on govt rebate and leasing will be available! 12kwh battery and Chademo fast charging will give you around 50km range!"

This would be the first SUV PHEV, but they should have put at least an 18kwh battery in there!
Feb 2, 2017
28 posts
5 upvotes
Mike15 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 4:56 pm
Leaf and Volt are probably going to have decent inventory around. Leaf is about to be replaced by a 2nd gen model, so you may even be able to get current ones at good deals. Ford's C-Max Energi and Fusion Energi are PHEVs that get smaller credits in ON so they haven't been as popular / unobtanium as the waitlisted FFE.
2017 Leaf is sold out
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7142 posts
2222 upvotes
ON
rmtrmt wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 5:24 pm
From the Toronto Electric Vehicle Association Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TEVAssociation/

" Great news is Mitsubishi Outlander finally arriving Feb 2018 with starting price of 42k minus approx 10k in on govt rebate and leasing will be available! 12kwh battery and Chademo fast charging will give you around 50km range!"

This would be the first SUV PHEV, but they should have put at least an 18kwh battery in there!
Well, to give them some credit, it's 2012 tech in 2018
So it was good when first introduced. Now, not so much.
Sep 21, 2004
8750 posts
2300 upvotes
Calgary
aqnd wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 5:29 pm
Well, to give them some credit, it's 2012 tech in 2018
So it was good when first introduced. Now, not so much.
I swear I saw these Mitsubishi plug in SUV EV like 4 or 5 years ago in a car show.
Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7142 posts
2222 upvotes
ON
b166er1337 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 5:40 pm
I swear I saw these Mitsubishi plug in SUV EV like 4 or 5 years ago in a car show.
You did. They've been overseas for 5 years. This is their first landing on our shores, finally.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7142 posts
2222 upvotes
ON
dgnr8 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 8:09 pm
I think Costco added new chargers, ordering tonight and didn't notice the Sun Country Chargers in the past.

https://www.costco.ca/Sun-Country-Highw ... 66895.html
https://www.costco.ca/Sun-Country-Highw ... 66896.html
They're back, nice!
Costco carried them 3 years ago and then they disappeared for a bit. (I got my LCS-25 there)
Price is a little higher, but so is USD:CAD so that's too be expected.
Jan 8, 2009
514 posts
58 upvotes
Ontario
rmtrmt wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 5:24 pm

BMW X5, Porsce Cayenne, Volvo XC90 are all SUVs available as PHEVS in Canada albeit more expensive.
Jan 8, 2009
514 posts
58 upvotes
Ontario
radeonboy wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 11:18 pm
ClipperCreek is good I hear, from the USA, I didn't know they make it for Sun Country, nice.
Have been using the Sun Country Highway SCH25P for 3.5 years - no issues and such a portable size.