Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
3491 posts
408 upvotes
mr_raider wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 3:17 pm
I assume he will taking credit for us medals in the games too.
If US athletes do well in the upcoming winter Olympics
Trump: Ever since I became president, US athletes having been doing well thanks to my support. No other president in history have supported US athletes the way I have. This is evident by the number of medals USA has.

If they don't do well....
Trump: Obama has failed Team USA by not supporting athletes during his term. This Olympics' lower medal count is evident of his many, many failures. What a loser. Sad!
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11310 posts
1403 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 9:21 pm
And if the book contains libelous statements, Michael Wolff is going to have his poor little bank account hurt...
Unfortunately for you someone like Wolff isnt gonna write a book like this unless he has recordings, transcripts, etc. like he admitted on NBC today with Samantha Gunthrie. So good luck to Chump. I love when they gonna do depositions on the former and current peeps who works(ed) with the orange gorilla. Did you call Chump a dumb fool?? Yes, yes I did.. Case closed.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Temp. Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32103 posts
8363 upvotes
GTHA
Fire and Fury: Trump calls it "fiction" but author Michael Wolff isn’t backing down about his book, which he says is exposing the truth about what is happening inside the White House.
To read more: http://www.cbc.ca/1.4476279

Fire and Fury: Bannon tries to make amends with Trump Regional Indicator Symbol Letters Us
Steve Bannon, the main source for the bombshell behind-the-scenes book on Donald Trump's White House, is trying to make amends with the US President.
Trump's former chief strategist says his support for the US President is unwavering and described several disparaging remarks as inaccurate quotes.
Michael Wolff, author of Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, said in interviews to CNN and NBC “If I left out anything, it's probably stuff that was even more damning. It's that bad."
The author also said that staffers inside the White House discuss invoking the 25th Amendment "all the time”.
Meanwhile, Trump continues to criticise the book written by Michael Wolff.
Al Jazeera's Mike Hanna reports from Washington.

Dec 22, 2014
651 posts
173 upvotes
Regina, SK
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 9:21 pm
And if the book contains libelous statements, Michael Wolff is going to have his poor little bank account hurt...
I have no idea regarding the status of Wolff's bank account, but if poor and little are accurate descriptions it sounds like he does not have much to lose. I would argue that Trump fighting it just draws more attention to the book.

My favourite quotes from the White House regarding this book:

“I authorized Zero access to White House (actually turned him down many times) for author of phony book!” Trump wrote in a tweet. “I never spoke to him for book.”

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Trump only had “one brief conversation” with Wolff “that had nothing to do, originally, with the book.” Bannon, she said, was the one signing off on “close to 95 per cent” of the author’s dialogue with White House staff. She estimated the author had “roughly just over a dozen interactions with officials at the White House.”

“I talked to him,” Spicer said. “He came in and said ‘I’d like to write a book about the president.’”
Bannon set up appointments for the author to “come in and visit him over time,” Spicer said. But, Spicer added, “we don’t know how much access he got.”

Three people saying contradictory things, but two people confirm what most people already know.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
3819 posts
400 upvotes
Ottawa
VicRav wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 10:18 am
I have no idea regarding the status of Wolff's bank account, but if poor and little are accurate descriptions it sounds like he does not have much to lose. I would argue that Trump fighting it just draws more attention to the book.

My favourite quotes from the White House regarding this book:

“I authorized Zero access to White House (actually turned him down many times) for author of phony book!” Trump wrote in a tweet. “I never spoke to him for book.”

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Trump only had “one brief conversation” with Wolff “that had nothing to do, originally, with the book.” Bannon, she said, was the one signing off on “close to 95 per cent” of the author’s dialogue with White House staff. She estimated the author had “roughly just over a dozen interactions with officials at the White House.”

“I talked to him,” Spicer said. “He came in and said ‘I’d like to write a book about the president.’”
Bannon set up appointments for the author to “come in and visit him over time,” Spicer said. But, Spicer added, “we don’t know how much access he got.”

Three people saying contradictory things, but two people confirm what most people already know.
I used the term "poor little bank account" in reference to the poster who referred to Trump's "poor little feelings". I'm just saying that someone sending a cease and desist letter for being prepared to print allegely libelous statements is nothing new.
Temp. Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32103 posts
8363 upvotes
GTHA
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 10:45 am
I used the term "poor little bank account" in reference to the poster who referred to Trump's "poor little feelings". I'm just saying that someone sending a cease and desist letter for being prepared to print allegely libelous statements is nothing new.
fyi, I was quoting West Wing Reports founder Paul Brandis from the CBC video
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
16632 posts
582 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
sandeeS wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 6:03 pm
What did you do man? Reason: Blasphemy?
I am also curious what constitutes blasphemy lol.
This is a deals site in 2018, not the Roman Catholic church of 1950 ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
205 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 10:45 pm
Unfortunately for you someone like Wolff isnt gonna write a book like this unless he has recordings, transcripts, etc. like he admitted on NBC today with Samantha Gunthrie. So good luck to Chump. I love when they gonna do depositions on the former and current peeps who works(ed) with the orange gorilla. Did you call Chump a dumb fool?? Yes, yes I did.. Case closed.
Savannah Guthrie And Samantha Bee are different.Winking Face
I dont think he has tapes on conversation defines as On The Record. He tapes everything off record. I dont think he as recordings where he told Trump "this if on record or official".
May be even he has recording from Trump "Hey Wolff how are you are OR WTF are you doing here?
This is guy is know as stretching the truth. Or even like KD here who is really good at all this imo.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1878 posts
612 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
Trump has ordered 200,000 Salvadorans that have temporary protected status out of the US in 2019.
If our government start taking immediate action, Canada will be swamped.
$15 bucks an hour will definitely make Ontario the place to go! (Sorry, couldn't resist that.)

I'm not able to attach a link so maybe someone can. Read it on CBC
Diversity is Our Burden
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
1852 posts
620 upvotes
poleman wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 4:10 pm
I'm not able to attach a link so maybe someone can. Read it on CBC
Seriously, @poleman you can't attach a link from CBC? It's okay, though. Justin will take them in. After all, this is Canada. Soon we will feel the Denmark or Sweden effect. Just you wait! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1878 posts
612 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 4:27 pm
Seriously, @poleman you can't attach a link from CBC? It's okay, though. Justin will take them in. After all, this is Canada. Soon we will feel the Denmark or Sweden effect. Just you wait! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Nope, can't do at the moment. Using a tablet and it's not cooperative. Also have a steering wheel too close to me. Fearful Face
Diversity is Our Burden
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1878 posts
612 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
GoodFellaz wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 4:21 pm
Salvadorians as in El Salvador?
Yes, Salvadorans as in people from El Salvador living temporaily in the good 'ol USA. The key word here is temporary.
Diversity is Our Burden
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1483 posts
851 upvotes
Saudi Arabia
Canadians should prepare for a new wave of refugees and MS-13 crime and violence coming our way. This country is doomed, MS-13 is worse than the Russian mob, Italian mob, and Asian triads combined. I hope people understand how serious this situation is.
Last edited by iflyplanes on Jan 8th, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
7293 posts
243 upvotes
El Salvador will recommend those people head to Canada and other countries as those people remitting money are a big portion of the El Salvadorian economy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/th ... story.html

Why not go back to El Salvador and work to fix the country? If these people are important members of the US then they should be an asset to helping fix up El Salvador, no?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

backbones, ConsoleWatcher