None
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
10240 posts
502 upvotes
Brampton
iflyplanes wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 5:03 pm
Canadians should prepare for a new wave of refugees and MS-13 crime and violence coming our way. This country is doomed, MS-13 is worse than the Russian mob, Italian mob, and Asian triads combined. I hope people understand how serious this situation is.
What is MS-13? Is it worse than gypsies?
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
3622 posts
2264 upvotes
Burnaby
D'uh!

Make-believe decisiveness that is pure demagoguery. Handpicking populations from the WH, as if there weren't appropriate immigration laws already to deal with illegal immigrants of any nationality. I'd buy Trump's policies if he expelled every illegal immigrant in the US, regardless of origin or if he changed the US birthright citizenship rules (14th amendment, IINM).

yawn...
yare yare daze...
[space reserved for peddling, shilling, self-promotion and advertising]
Feb 13, 2017
409 posts
70 upvotes
Trump isn't ordering them out, the date was set before he was even in office. A group of people were given temporary protected status to allow them to stay until 2019 due to an earthquake that hit their land, now the time is running out on the agreement and they will be required to return. If previous administrations had an issue with it only being temporary they could have allowed them to stay permanently. I'm sure some had found jobs and got a visa/green card in the interim, some may have also got citizenship.

Also something to consider is how can the US run proper elections without voter ID requirements in many states and with so many non-citizens in the country?
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
1342 posts
962 upvotes
teamocil wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 5:54 pm
Trump isn't ordering them out, the date was set before he was even in office. A group of people were given temporary protected status to allow them to stay until 2019 due to an earthquake that hit their land, now the time is running out on the agreement and they will be required to return. If previous administrations had an issue with it only being temporary they could have allowed them to stay permanently. I'm sure some had found jobs and got a visa/green card in the interim, some may have also got citizenship.

Also something to consider is how can the US run proper elections without voter ID requirements in many states and with so many non-citizens in the country?
Same was with Haitians who were granted temp access due to earthquake. Time for JT to open our purse and borders.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
7293 posts
243 upvotes
aviador wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 5:42 pm
D'uh!

Make-believe decisiveness that is pure demagoguery. Handpicking populations from the WH, as if there weren't appropriate immigration laws already to deal with illegal immigrants of any nationality. I'd buy Trump's policies if he expelled every illegal immigrant in the US, regardless of origin or if he changed the US birthright citizenship rules (14th amendment, IINM).

yawn...
What are you talking about? He's not handpicking anyone, these are temporary protected statuses that are expiring. Did you read any of the articles posted in this thread?
Jan 10, 2009
654 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, the media is completely misrepresenting all of this. I hate to side with him but the Trump administration has simply decided not to apply additional extensions to a temporary protection. 16 years since the earthquake and the administration is also allowing them an additional 20 months to leave instead of leaving ASAP. This isn't actually some kind of Trump is evil item this time.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1877 posts
612 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
The Canterbury Tail wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 6:15 pm
Yeah, the media is completely misrepresenting all of this. I hate to side with him but the Trump administration has simply decided not to apply additional extensions to a temporary protection. 16 years since the earthquake and the administration is also allowing them an additional 20 months to leave instead of leaving ASAP. This isn't actually some kind of Trump is evil item this time.
There is nothing wrong with what Trump is doing, from an American point of view.
But as a Canadian I am very concerned about what our government's response will be.
These people will not want to return to El Salvador. They will look for alternatives, and Canada will stand out above all.

So, Mr. Trudeau, what are going to do?
Diversity is Our Burden
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
15958 posts
2182 upvotes
Toronto
The Canterbury Tail wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 6:15 pm
It's actually a very good move for El Salvador. These people have money in the US they'll take back home, they have property they'll rent out or leave with their kids who were born in the US, and they have skills and contacts that regular Salvadorans don't. They can live very well if they move back, and improve things there.

The ones that are here can do the smart thing and marry anyone they may be dating (which they should have done 15 years ago, to be honest), get their jobs to sponsor them for employment visas, and pursue all the avenues available to them as long-term American residents. Nobody admitted under that program should have left their status up in the air for 15 years with the expectation that nothing would change.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
205 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 10:45 pm
Unfortunately for you someone like Wolff isnt gonna write a book like this unless he has recordings, transcripts, etc. like he admitted on NBC today with Samantha Gunthrie. So good luck to Chump. I love when they gonna do depositions on the former and current peeps who works(ed) with the orange gorilla. Did you call Chump a dumb fool?? Yes, yes I did.. Case closed.
As I said before but looks like mods deleted it. there was no reason to, so again
“I wonder how many [White House] staff told Wolff things off the record that he then used on the record,” Bloomberg View columnist Joe Nocera tweeted Thursday. “He’s never much cared about burning sources. Can’t imagine that many of those quotes were meant for publication.”

Steven Rattner, a journalist-turned-financier and former Obama auto czar, tweeted Thursday that “[Steve] Bannon may well have said all that stuff but let's remember that Wolff is an unprincipled writer of fiction.”
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
20276 posts
2226 upvotes
Montreal
cheapmeister wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 5:16 pm
What is MS-13? Is it worse than gypsies?
No but clearly they found something scarier than Muslims. I was feeling kinda sad since all the hate was directed at Muslim immigrants but it warms my heart to see the vitriol directed at Latinos and Haitians. Equal opportunity for all.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
20276 posts
2226 upvotes
Montreal
aviador wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 5:42 pm
D'uh!

yawn...
Technically the civil Rights act of 1866 extended citizenship to all people born in the US. The 14th amendment guaranteed that slaves could be citizens.
Temp. Banned
Dec 7, 2012
32103 posts
8363 upvotes
GTHA
Political columnist John Micek says that President Trump is unable to let 'the smallest slight' go by leading to continuing feuds with Steve Bannon and Michael Wolff.

'One dumpster fire after another': WH chaos after Wolff book
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11310 posts
1403 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Book's publisher is not backing down from Chump's lawsuits. Says the lawsuits are for the purpose to prevent a book from being published aka censorship and violation of freedom of speech rather than to point out any incorrect fact. They the lawsuit doesnt state anywhere where any facts are wrong or make corrections thereof... said they will continue to produce more books to satisfy tons of back orders from distributors. Poor Chump... when you sue someone that has more money than you they dont back down unlike all the little guy contractors he screwed over the decades.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Dec 15, 2017
683 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
Piro21 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 6:42 pm
It's actually a very good move for El Salvador. These people have money in the US they'll take back home, they have property they'll rent out or leave with their kids who were born in the US, and they have skills and contacts that regular Salvadorans don't. They can live very well if they move back, and improve things there.

The ones that are here can do the smart thing and marry anyone they may be dating (which they should have done 15 years ago, to be honest), get their jobs to sponsor them for employment visas, and pursue all the avenues available to them as long-term American residents. Nobody admitted under that program should have left their status up in the air for 15 years with the expectation that nothing would change.
Just like mexicans, the salvadorans that immigrate to the USA are of the lowest denominators, from lower peasant classes. The middle class and the upper class stayed home. . But yeah they will take home with them command of english and some skills. Expect thousands to show up at the canadian border though.

Btw El Salvador is the world's most dangerous (peace time) nation. The murder rate was the highest in the world in 2015 with 103 for every 100,000 inhabitants. In a population of 6 million there were like 5,247 murders. The GTA also has 6 million people, can you imagine 5,000+ murders in our city every year?