None
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
19825 posts
2162 upvotes
Montreal
JustBob wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 2:01 pm

Apparently, Trump also named Super Mario ambassador to Italy, much to the chagrin of Luigi.
I saw the press conference. The Norwegian PM actually held up admirably in the face of all the dumb shizz flying around. A true example of diplomacy, and knowing when to keep your mouth shut.

Anyway Trump loves Norwegians!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... f00c8582c2

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met Wednesday.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19473 posts
7886 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
#shitholecountries
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13723 posts
1280 upvotes
MusicBox wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 8:28 am
Just like mexicans, the salvadorans that immigrate to the USA are of the lowest denominators, from lower peasant classes. The middle class and the upper class stayed home. . But yeah they will take home with them command of english and some skills. Expect thousands to show up at the canadian border though.
One of the nice things about Canada is that the cold weather keeps out many undesirables from settling here permanently. The people who can afford to live here, are usually self-sufficient. We are civilized and very connected. It's not easy to be a dirtbag here.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Oct 16, 2010
250 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Syne wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 6:47 pm
One of the nice things about Canada is that the cold weather keeps out many undesirables from settling here permanently. The people who can afford to live here, are usually self-sufficient. We are civilized and very connected. It's not easy to be a dirtbag here.
Well we have way too many immigrants as it is, and this current administration wants to bring more in by the boatload. And it would be one thing if we had the economic need and our corporations actually utilize these immigrants and the skills they come with, but the reality is most only qualify for minimum wage work and are only competing with Canadians who have already been getting shafted by the elites and the political class with free-trade and globalism for the past couple of decades.

This is what paves the road for a Trump.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13723 posts
1280 upvotes
attire wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 7:25 pm
Well we have way too many immigrants as it is, and this current administration wants to bring more in by the boatload. And it would be one thing if we had the economic need and our corporations actually utilize these immigrants and the skills they come with, but the reality is most only qualify for minimum wage work and are only competing with Canadians who have already been getting shafted by the elites and the political class with free-trade and globalism for the past couple of decades.

This is what paves the road for a Trump.
Well companies will argue that bringing in competition allows them to keep salaries low, which allows them to be more profitable. For what it's worth, I also don't think what you're saying is true. I think Canada acquires many high skilled immigrants as well.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
7132 posts
240 upvotes
mr_raider wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 5:48 pm
I saw the press conference. The Norwegian PM actually held up admirably in the face of all the dumb shizz flying around. A true example of diplomacy, and knowing when to keep your mouth shut.

Anyway Trump loves Norwegians!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... f00c8582c2

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met Wednesday.
I've seen a lot of people upset about him saying that they're "shithole countries" but few people denying that they're "shithole countries"...just saying.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
31836 posts
8196 upvotes
GTHA
hugh_da_man wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 8:00 pm
I've seen a lot of people upset about him saying that they're "shithole countries" but few people denying that they're "shithole countries"...just saying.
"poophole"

Trump makes vulgar comment while questioning immigration
U.S. President Donald Trump used a vulgar word as reportedly expressed frustration over possibly restoring protections for immigrants during a meeting in the Oval Office.

Trump asks why U.S. accepting immigrants from 's**thole countries'
Warning: This story contains vulgar language
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/trump-asks ... -1.3755777
Oct 16, 2010
250 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Syne wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 7:45 pm
Well companies will argue that bringing in competition allows them to keep salaries low, which allows them to be more profitable. For what it's worth, I also don't think what you're saying is true. I think Canada acquires many high skilled immigrants as well.
You mean the same anemic corporations with razor thin margins that survive primarily on substantial subsidies and special exemptions from the feds? The truth is, we are nowhere near like the US. We don't have the economic activity or innovation that would make use of the number of high-skilled immigrants we are bringing in every year. Secondly, the corporations you speak of by and large don't even make use of these highly-skilled people we keep bringing here. Go look at the incomes and jobs of immigrants against their Canadian-born counterparts and their qualifications.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
19825 posts
2162 upvotes
Montreal
attire wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 7:25 pm
I fail to see the logic in that statement. If immigrants' skills and qualifications are NOT being recognized then they are NOT competing with Canadians for quality jobs.

If they are only competing for minimum wage jobs then they are only competing with the smallest portion of the work force which only accounts for 2-9% of all workers depending on the province, with most being 15-20 years old.

If all they are doing is stealing jobs at Walmart or McDonald's I can live with that. Even if they fully displaced every single minimum wage worker in Canada, that barely accounts for 8% of the workforce.

http://www.macleans.ca/economy/money-ec ... e-numbers/
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
10578 posts
233 upvotes
hugh_da_man wrote:
Agree. If it upsets you then you should easily be able to say why you want someone from somewhere like Haiti to come into the country.

i.e. one valid reason might be to take a fair share of refugees.

But to pretend that you don’t need to consider the question makes you look foolish. There is a big gap in sophistication between certain countries and if you aren’t diligent in managing the balance then you may end up with an average that necessarily drags down the host culture.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11050 posts
1296 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
JustBob wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 2:01 pm

Apparently, Trump also named Super Mario ambassador to Italy, much to the chagrin of Luigi.
Every1 knows those are F-35's. F-35's can be sold to foreign countries. F-22 raptors cannot. Only used by the US.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
19825 posts
2162 upvotes
Montreal
hugh_da_man wrote:
Actually several US ambassadors to shit hole countries got flak from the local governments. It seems most world leaders communicate through diplomatic channels, rather than twitter. Go figure.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/haiti ... le/2645711
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
16509 posts
565 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
hugh_da_man wrote:
Ultimately it boils down to the simple fact that most people (probably you too) would like to have a POTUS who isn't an uncouth oaf.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
7132 posts
240 upvotes
mr_raider wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 2:01 pm
Actually several US ambassadors to shit hole countries got flak from the local governments. It seems most world leaders communicate through diplomatic channels, rather than twitter. Go figure.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/haiti ... le/2645711
I imagine they would get flak as the leaders of those countries have to defend their complete failure somehow. The status of these countries isn't the fault of the people, it's the fault of the leadership who now demand apologies because this attention is shining the spotlight on them and they're afraid they'll be outed as the monsters that they are.

And again, lots of people upset about him saying "shithole countries" very few people moving to Haiti to prove him wrong...

konfusion666 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 2:09 pm
Ultimately it boils down to the simple fact that most people (probably you too) would like to have a POTUS who isn't an uncouth oaf.
Maybe but a significant number of people voted for him knowing that he talks like this and thinks this way. You can't just ignore democracy because you don't like him. He was elected fairly. Don't like it? Hope that a better candidate runs against him next time and vote for them.

I personally like boring leaders and not celebrities but I only get one vote.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
31836 posts
8196 upvotes
GTHA
Sen. Durbin: Trump said 'hate-filled' things 'repeatedly'
Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin says he personally heard President Donald Trump use "vile and racist" remarks during an immigration meeting with lawmakers.

Trump denies, Durbin confirms vulgur immigration remark
President Trump is being accused of racism after reportedly using a profane, derogatory term to describe immigrant countries.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

don242