• Jun 20th, 2018 1:17 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 29, 2017
879 posts
741 upvotes
hugh_da_man wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 8:00 pm
I've seen a lot of people upset about him saying that they're "shithole countries" but few people denying that they're "shithole countries"...just saying.
Because they are "shithole countries" and that is why immigrants want to leave them. Some of these people can make great citizens in US or Canada but we have to do proper screening to ensure they have what we are looking for.
Banned
Dec 22, 2017
322 posts
122 upvotes
hugh_da_man wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 8:00 pm
I've seen a lot of people upset about him saying that they're "shithole countries" but few people denying that they're "shithole countries"...just saying.
The issue is his racism about people (non white) are automatically bad people and a country that's non white is a shithole country

This sums it up good
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comme ... is/dsk8sbi

The most offensive part about Trump's comments today wasn't the word "shithole". It was the word "Why".

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?”

Do people even really understand what our president is saying?

Look, I'm not angry because he calls places "shitholes". I'm a first generation immigrant. I come from a shithole. I lived 10 years in a shithole. I'll freely call it a shithole. I won't get offended if you call it a shithole! It's a shithole! Happy?

But how DARE he use my origin as an excuse to demand an additional reason to explain my presence here? Why is it up to me (but not say, a white Norwegian) to provide some extra level of justification for why I deserve the chance to be an American?

If these places really are shitholes, shouldn't there be an even greater obligation to help people who come from there, specifically because they're in the most danger?

Apparently not. Because Trump sincerely believes that some people do, and some people do not deserve the chance to be Americans, and your birthplace (and by extension, your race) is a key deciding factor in whether you deserve the chance to be an American.

Notice that he did not ask "Why are we letting in poor people?" or "Why are we letting in people without degrees?" or "Why are we letting in people with criminal histories" or "Why are we letting in people who refuse to learn English?". No, let's cut the crap, already, because deep down, we know damn well that he's not talking about merit, or even about your place of origin. After everything you've seen, who do you think Trump is more likely to feel is more deserving citizenship? One of those scary Muslims that are "taking over" Norway, or a white South African? Cuz I got a feeling that when he's looking at those people, the calculus for determining whether their home countries count as "shitholes" suddenly changes.

Trump is practically saying "America is for white people. The rest are interlopers until proven otherwise. Until someone explains to me WHY they're even allowed here." Let's not forget either, that in this particular situation, he's not even talking about illegal immigrants. He doesn't get to even use that old fig-leaf.

He's talking about a reconfiguration of who we even allow the chance to become legal, through all the proper channels, not based on merit, not based on national security, not based on employability, but specifically targeted against the people he happens to hate.

And yet, the media is taking the bait. Already they rush to obfuscate the issue, to absolve him of the real evil of his comment by focusing on the "inappropriate word" he used.

Already, we're having these dumb conversations like "Well, he denied that he said that exact word, but he said she said that he did!" or "Well, to be fair, Haiti isn't exactly a nice place to live, he's just saying what everyone thinks privately, and he just chose a colorful word to describe it...", and instead of focusing on the racism, we just go "Oh, but look at the pretty beaches of Haiti! It's not a shithole! Look at the natural beauty and rich culture of-" SHUT THE **** UP!

What bearing does that debate have on anything?!? As if Trump's greatest sin is his vocabulary and not watching the Travel Channel?

What our president said today isn't just boorish, it isn't just cruel. It betrays a deep and insidious level of racism that can only be described as white supremacy. Again. This is a pattern, don't forget. But in this instance, he is literally throwing a tantrum because the "wrong people" are enjoying the benefit of immigration.

And it is so depressing and so terrifying, that even Trump's opponents - the people who represent the best hope we got to survive this regime - are just gonna waltz past that and chide him for his language.

If I'm the one from the shithole, how come Americans are so stupid that they keep falling for this crap over and over?

EDIT: Ooooooh, I'm gonna have fun now.

Just so ya'll know, there's dozens of replies to this post saying shit like:

"He is right, we don’t want your kind in the West we wish you would just **** off and go away."

"Because the US is a white country. We want more white people and thr country to remain white majority."

"The chances that people from a shithole country integrate well into American society are too low for us to want to take a chance on them. Doesn't make us bad people."

"The reason these shithole countries are just that is the people that made them such. They'll just bring the shithole to the US just like Europe is experiencing already. You can take the Monkey from the jungle but not the jungle from the Monkey."

But my absolute favorite is this one.

Its because most people who are from shitholes dont turn out fine and dandy. Eg, slumdog getting accepted into Ivy college. Its a news worthy title because its rare. While I hate Trump, you have to understand that he's merely a symptom of the greater American ignorance. He is the biggest reflection of how most Americans think. Silencing him is not the correct method. Social change is not easy or even deemed possible for many.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2375 posts
572 upvotes
TrafficEng wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 6:29 pm
The issue is his racism about people (non white) are automatically bad people and a country that's non white is a shithole country
He shouldn't have said it because it was insensitive, so lets get that out of the way first.

I think he's just an elitist who just looks down on others that are poorer, have less stability, and have less money. It may not be about skin colour or race.

Let's take race out of the discussion for a moment.
wouldn't he have said the same for any other economically and politically weaker country? like, for pure example, Moldova? or even Greece ?

A WHOLE LOT of Canadians disagreed with letting Syrian refugees in too - did we automatically call THEM all racists? No, there was a heated debate on security matters, whether our system could support them, or whether they would do any good for the country.
A lot of Canadians (and Americans, and Germans), etc etc) were thinking EXACTLY the same vulgar thing that Trump happened to say out loud a few days ago......
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
6674 posts
239 upvotes
TrafficEng wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 6:29 pm

This sums it up good
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comme ... is/dsk8sbi
Ah yes, he obviously meant that he hates "non-white" people.

There is no other way to interpret these comments other than assuming that he's commenting on the race of the people from those countries and how he obviously dislikes those people based on their race. He couldn't possibly be commenting on the fact that they import a lot of people who end up in low skill jobs or on social assistance...
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
18532 posts
2044 upvotes
Montreal
hugh_da_man wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:07 pm
Ah yes, he obviously meant that he hates "non-white" people.

There is no other way to interpret these comments other than assuming that he's commenting on the race of the people from those countries and how he obviously dislikes those people based on their race. He couldn't possibly be commenting on the fact that they import a lot of people who end up in low skill jobs or on social assistance...
Ummm no. He said he prefers people from Norway rather than Botswana.

This is not new..this is the classic alt right white supremacist views that the US should be country of northern Europeans only, and their descendants. He is not judging immigrants by their level of achievement, he is judging them by their provenance.

It is implicit in his statements that Norwegians are innately more likely to do well than Nigerians. He has taken humanity, ranked them top to bottom based on no factors other than ethnicity and declared the bottom half a waste of skin.

My parents come from a shithole, but they came with PhDs and Master's degrees. Why are they less worthy than a heroin addict from Ireland?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
30654 posts
7555 upvotes
GTHA
Haitian asylum-seekers in Canada are condemning the hateful words used by U.S. President Donald Trump to describe their country. But many say they’re not surprised.

Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
17953 posts
6054 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
So is Trump + stormy Daniels a thing?
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
16151 posts
515 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
hugh_da_man wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:07 pm
If one were to do mental gymnastics with the interpretation, they might come up with your version.

If one were to apply Occam's Razor and simply look at what he said, they'd see the racism staring them in the face.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
30654 posts
7555 upvotes
GTHA
Trump cancels London embassy visit
U.S. President Donald Trump has cancelled his trip to London for the opening of a new U.S. embassy. Trump says it's because moving the embassy was a bad deal. However many believe the president cancelled his visit due to the likelihood of mass protests.

Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7264 posts
1716 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 8:55 pm
So is Trump + stormy Daniels a thing?
and if so, did she satisfy his pee fetish?...or did he go one step further and experience the brown showers from her shithole?
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2013
4990 posts
1753 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
Last edited by dealseaker101 on Jan 12th, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2012
3497 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
mr_raider wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:52 pm
Ummm no. He said he prefers people from Norway rather than Botswana.

This is not new..this is the classic alt right white supremacist views that the US should be country of northern Europeans only, and their descendants. He is not judging immigrants by their level of achievement, he is judging them by their provenance.

It is implicit in his statements that Norwegians are innately more likely to do well than Nigerians. He has taken humanity, ranked them top to bottom based on no factors other than ethnicity and declared the bottom half a waste of skin.

My parents come from a shithole, but they came with PhDs and Master's degrees. Why are they less worthy than a heroin addict from Ireland?
Why is the choice between PhDs from the third world and junkies from Europe?
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
248 posts
65 upvotes
Trump is the best president since Reagan.

Media is just propaganda
I don't trust any of it
Most people are sheep who think what they are told to think.

If the propaganda box told everyone that Trump is great
then everyone would love him

I LUV TRUMP
I H8 the MEDIA
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
8669 posts
1389 upvotes
兩最大
LOL, is this guy srsly for real? WWE couldn't have written a more outlandish script. Just when I thought I heard it all.

Btw, when did he go so 'racist' and over-the-top? Seemed like a decent guy before.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
15053 posts
1836 upvotes
Toronto
tranquility922 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 1:35 am
LOL, is this guy srsly for real? WWE couldn't have written a more outlandish script. Just when I thought I heard it all.

Btw, when did he go so 'racist' and over-the-top? Seemed like a decent guy before.
You've never actually looked into his life, have you?

His dad was a card-carrying KKK member who got arrested at a rally in the 20s, and Trump has a long history of violating the law to racially discriminate against people in his business practices. He also bought full-page newspaper ads to call for 5 innocent black men (the Central Park 5) to face the death penalty and still maintained they were guilty over a decade after they were proven innocent, deliberately spread fake news about the first black president for years, and then there's all the stuff he said and the people he's chosen to associate with during his latest campaign for president.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

hugh_da_man, TM2Megatron