Langley
Here's Comey’s leaked memo.

Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4200 posts
1225 upvotes
JustBob wrote:
May 17th, 2017 1:41 pm
When I do that, I can only bask in the silliness of yet another false equivalency. Wake me up when some other "dear leader" manages to create three self-inflicted "scandals" in a week.
I can only laugh at the notion of "false equivalency". There was no discussion of the order of magnitude of the stupidity of the various "dear leaders" (Trump is picking up the pace on his way to impeachment) but the "equivalency" in applying confusion's statement above to Canada is anything but a "false" one. Our own "dear leader" is piling up the broken promises and conflicts of interests pretty quickly in his own right and his "supporters" invoking the name of Stephen Harper to provide either justification or cover.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3223 posts
959 upvotes
I thought Trump was on top of the cyber? The problem with this guy is that he is such a rank amateur. He's relying on loyalty to cover his tracks instead of actually making any effort to cover what he's up to.

Report finds weak cybersecurity at Mar-a-Lago
http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity ... mar-a-lago
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4766 posts
345 upvotes
i6s1 wrote:
May 17th, 2017 2:36 pm
Here's Comey’s leaked memo.

That's obviously fake. There is no mention of two scoops of ice cream for desert.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
13588 posts
1317 upvotes
Toronto
Back on topic:

Trump is going to Saudi Arabia to give a speech on Islam, announce the largest ever sale of weapons to the Saudis, and push for a jihadi NATO this week.

I expect his base will all convert to Islam and start online attacks against everyone else for not being 'real' muslims like they are.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3712 posts
513 upvotes
Conquistador wrote:
May 17th, 2017 2:42 pm
I can only laugh at the notion of "false equivalency". There was no discussion of the order of magnitude of the stupidity of the various "dear leaders" (Trump is picking up the pace on his way to impeachment) but the "equivalency" in applying confusion's statement above to Canada is anything but a "false" one. Our own "dear leader" is piling up the broken promises and conflicts of interests pretty quickly in his own right and his "supporters" invoking the name of Stephen Harper to provide either justification or cover.
I'm torn between "ok you got me!" and "you just discovered political partisanship!".

Allright, allright... the first one. ;)
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4766 posts
345 upvotes
lecale wrote:
May 17th, 2017 3:01 pm
I thought Trump was on top of the cyber? The problem with this guy is that he is such a rank amateur. He's relying on loyalty to cover his tracks instead of actually making any effort to cover what he's up to.

Report finds weak cybersecurity at Mar-a-Lago
http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity ... mar-a-lago
Oh so you expect Trump to be expert in IT security?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3712 posts
513 upvotes
Oh, and that so-called "new explosive evidence" in the Seth Rich case? If you had been paying attention, it only took a couple of hours to debunk it. And who came forward to do the debunking? The PI dude who actually made the claims...
The source for the story, a private investigator ostensibly working for Rich’s family, suggested he was duped by Fox News into seemingly claiming that he had seen evidence of contact between Rich and the website (WikiLeaks).

“I only got that [information] from the reporter at Fox News,” Rob Wheeler later told CNN.

http://forward.com/fast-forward/372196/ ... -imploded/
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3223 posts
959 upvotes
arm2000 wrote:
May 17th, 2017 3:13 pm
Oh so you expect Trump to be expert in IT security?
No, not at all, actually lmao - remember what he said about "the cyber" during the debates with HRC? https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/ ... er/501839/

I just found it ironic that the guy who says he's going to be "tough on the cyber" and recently signed a bill to that effect is a rank amateur at ensuring the cybersecurity at his own properties. Wasn't Giuliani supposed to be in charge of this?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4766 posts
345 upvotes
JustBob wrote:
May 17th, 2017 3:27 pm
Oh, and that so-called "new explosive evidence" in the Seth Rich case? If you had been paying attention, it only took a couple of hours to debunk it. And who came forward to do the debunking? The PI dude who actually made the claims...
Lol. That's not the new explosive evidence. If you want to find out what's new about this go to /pol. It's 99% garbage but still the only place with something useful and the only place where they really make an effort to collect reliable evidence from a huge number of sources. Unlike any MSM. Even Fox didn't try too hard.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4200 posts
1225 upvotes
So, on the Devil's Advocate side of things, if Jim Comey is beyond reproach and chock full of integrity, why did he not act on what is being characterized as "obstruction of justice" immediately after the February 14 meeting where it is alleged that Trump asked Pence and Sessions to leave the Oval Office and he said to Comey what is being reported? Shouldn't he have reported the interaction to someone right away? Should he have resigned? Shouldn't he have done something other than apparently only writing a memo? It will be interesting to hear Comey's response.

Disclaimer: And for those participants here who are only capable of binary thinking, this is not an endorsement of Donald Trump nor a slam of Hillary Clinton.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6709 posts
1334 upvotes
arm2000 wrote:
May 17th, 2017 3:02 pm
That's obviously fake. There is no mention of two scoops of ice cream for desert.
dessert is on page 2. the moron is still enjoying his ketchup covered well-done steak on page 1.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4268 posts
307 upvotes
Conquistador wrote:
May 17th, 2017 4:23 pm
So, on the Devil's Advocate side of things, if Jim Comey is beyond reproach and chock full of integrity, why did he not act on what is being characterized as "obstruction of justice" immediately after the February 14 meeting where it is alleged that Trump asked Pence and Sessions to leave the Oval Office and he said to Comey what is being reported? Shouldn't he have reported the interaction to someone right away? Should he have resigned? Shouldn't he have done something other than apparently only writing a memo? It will be interesting to hear Comey's response.

Disclaimer: And for those participants here who are only capable of binary thinking, this is not an endorsement of Donald Trump nor a slam of Hillary Clinton.
I am wondering whether he is waiting for a bribe from Trump. :)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
6379 posts
169 upvotes
JustBob wrote:
May 17th, 2017 3:27 pm
Seth Rich conspiracy theory is good because you can tell they are running out of moves. Their noise is becoming less and less effective. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel