Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3884 posts
1256 upvotes
eldeejay wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 9:18 am
Donald Trump was elected to do 2 things:

2. Drain the swamp (Hillary included).
Well he's really done to opposite of that, hasn't he?
Jun 13, 2008
735 posts
76 upvotes
mr_raider wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:30 am
Exactly. He has no platform. He says what he needs to say to get votes. He absorbs the the ideology of whoever is within ten feet of him.
No platform? Really?
Against TPP and globalism
For protectionism and bringing jobs back in America
Tougher immigration policy / Wall
No foreign wars

Now Trump might be populist and say what the public wants to hear but his message has been pretty clear and consisten over the years.
Here's a compilation of what he said over several decades. His message is pretty consistent.

Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3884 posts
1256 upvotes
bigcortex wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:47 am
Now Trump might be populist and say what the public wants to hear but his message has been pretty clear and consisten over the years.
Here's a compilation of what he said over several decades. His message is pretty consistent.
...and then he links Infowars lmao.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2730 posts
386 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
lecale wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:38 am
Well he's really done to opposite of that, hasn't he?
time will tell.
signature removed for inappropriate content
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3884 posts
1256 upvotes
eldeejay wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 12:35 pm
time will tell.
He's already loaded the government with unqualified rich cronies...what, you need more time to figure this out?
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1191 posts
120 upvotes
Logtown
bigcortex wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:47 am
No platform? Really?
Against TPP and globalism
For protectionism and bringing jobs back in America
Tougher immigration policy / Wall
No foreign wars

All that then "Romney is a small business guy". :facepalm:

In some ways I like the fact that Trump is very anti-establishment. I'm quite fed up with establishment politics too.

The people that run the country aren't tired of it, they see their control over the country slipping through their grasp, which is why their desperate antics are showing in the media.

It's a perfect time for this attitude too given people's inability to think rationally. Don't even need to, just pick your corner of the internet and let the yes men feed you exclusively the things you want to hear/read.

It shows with how horrible people's debating skills are now. Can't even handle opposing views. Plays right into the hands of these very establishment politicians most people allege to be fed up of.

There's plenty of screw-ups I've made in my life, one thing I can proudly say I've never done is join a political party. Once I became atheist (and then agnostic) I started to see how much better the view was from outside the mindless "team" attitude about stuff that really shouldn't be this. Not into cults.

I think a lot of people also are under the impression Trump is like this.. he isn't. While he's a lot less politically correct, and outside the politician clique, he still goes very far to please many of the wrong people.
Last edited by AndySixx on Nov 8th, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3884 posts
1256 upvotes
AndySixx wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 12:47 pm
Plays right into the hands of these very establishment politicians most people allege to be fed up of.
ICYMI, possibly by watching Fox news...

Anti-Trump backlash fuels a Democratic sweep in Virginia and elections across the country
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... ost&wpmm=1
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1191 posts
120 upvotes
Logtown
lecale wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 12:50 pm
ICYMI, possibly by watching Fox news...

Anti-Trump backlash fuels a Democratic sweep in Virginia and elections across the country
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... ost&wpmm=1
I don't watch TV, but I thank you for illustrating the drone party thinking I mentioned.

And I don't get it.. Virginia is a Democrat state and has been heading in that direction for years. What backlash?

I guess thinking is for other people, eh?
Jun 13, 2008
735 posts
76 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 12:00 pm
...and then he links Infowars lmao.
It's only a compilation of Trump interviews. If you can find interviews that contradict his global message, feel free to post them.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2730 posts
386 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
lecale wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 12:37 pm
He's already loaded the government with unqualified rich cronies...what, you need more time to figure this out?
Figure what out? If he had loaded it with “qualified” people hen he would obviously not be draining the swamp. That you are here bitching about it means he’s doing something correctly. So time will tell. Or maybe Kevin Spacey will tell.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1191 posts
120 upvotes
Logtown
bigcortex wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 1:34 pm
It's only a compilation of Trump interviews. If you can find interviews that contradict his global message, feel free to post them.
Too much thinking. "Infowars lmao" said it all.

I even criticized Trump for his campaigning for Romney (this is illustrative of why I think, ultimately, Trump is a hypocrite) but at least I watched the clip.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3884 posts
1256 upvotes
AndySixx wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 12:54 pm
I don't watch TV, but I thank you for illustrating the drone party thinking I mentioned.

And I don't get it.. Virginia is a Democrat state and has been heading in that direction for years. What backlash?

I guess thinking is for other people, eh?
but what about Maine, New Hampshire, Georgia, Florida, New Jersey, North Carolina...
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3884 posts
1256 upvotes
eldeejay wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 1:36 pm
Figure what out? If he had loaded it with “qualified” people hen he would obviously not be draining the swamp. That you are here bitching about it means he’s doing something correctly. So time will tell. Or maybe Kevin Spacey will tell.
I thought he was going to get rid of corruption (he said) not instill more of it? He's packed government full of lobbyists and 5 members of Mar-A-Lago.

Remember, Clinton is so corrupt she should be in jail and all that? Or you think "drain the swamp" means something else?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3884 posts
1256 upvotes
DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!

The other huge scandal Mueller brought to light this week
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 52e7bf0bd8
Among the “best” Trump hires American Oversight found:

●Sid Bowdidge, assistant to the secretary of energy for energy efficiency and renewable energy. Before working for the Trump campaign, Bowdidge, from 2013 to 2015, was manager of the Meineke Car Care branch in Seabrook, N.H. He previously was service and branch manager for tire shops. I don’t know what qualified Bowdidge for his position, but I do know this: He is not going to pay a lot for that muffler. (He had to hit the road, losing his job after it was discovered he had called Muslims “maggots.”)

●Victoria Barton, congressional relations for Regions II, V and VI, Department of Housing and Urban Development. Prior to working for the Trump campaign, Barton was an office manager and, between 2013 and 2015, a “bartender/bar manager.” The expertise in housing policy possessed by Barton is no doubt invaluable to HUD Secretary Ben Carson, a retired brain surgeon.

●Christopher Hagan, a confidential assistant at the Agriculture Department. Before working on the Trump campaign, he was, between 2009 and 2015, a “cabana attendant” at Westchester Country Club in Rye, N.Y. According to his résumé, he “identified and addressed customer’s needs in a timely and orderly manner.”

This is important, because you never know when somebody at the USDA is going to need a towel.

●Nick Brusky, also a confidential assistant at the USDA. The Trump campaign worker previously drove a truck. He was a trustee in Butler Township, Ohio, at the same time, and, as Politico noted, his résumé lists coursework but no degree.

●David Matthews, yet another confidential assistant at the Agriculture Department, developed scented candles while also serving as a “legal receptionist” before joining the Trump campaign.

Some of the other “best” people Trump has hired are well known. Lynne Patton, HUD regional administrator, previously arranged Trump golf tournaments and arranged Eric Trump’s wedding, among other things. Callista Gingrich, just confirmed as ambassador to the Vatican, prepared for this by writing children’s books, singing in a church choir — and being married to Trump ally Newt Gingrich.

Others now in high office are less known: an office page, the author of an anti-Clinton book, a Christian-school librarian, a couple of real estate brokers and a landscaper. Many don’t appear to meet the educational qualifications for their positions. But they did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2730 posts
386 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
lecale wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 3:05 pm
I thought he was going to get rid of corruption (he said) not instill more of it? He's packed government full of lobbyists and 5 members of Mar-A-Lago.

Remember, Clinton is so corrupt she should be in jail and all that? Or you think "drain the swamp" means something else?
Pray tell us the correct way to drain the swamp. You complain a lot, but don't have too many solutions on the table.
Here's something for you: If was prime minister...
I would... fire every f'n person that works for the government (of course I couldn't because people wouldn't let me, but I'd try)
I would... hire all my friends and wed altogether milk it for all it's worth (of course someone's going to complain about corruption but whatever)
and so on... because frankly, I really don't care about this country anymore. The people that live here are not my countrymen. I've been robbed all my life and I want my piece. A pound of flesh as they call it.
So there you go. I see the God Emperor doing exactly what I'd do if I was in his shoes: make little babies like you cry.