Locked: Everything Trump - Donald Trump General Discussion thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 4:58 pm
Tags:
Banned
Oct 6, 2017
22 posts
2 upvotes
Will Trump drop his support of Roy Moore?

My OG Rig: Core i7-920 @ 3GHz | 12GB RAM | GTX 560 Ti | 7TB storage
Nov 8, 2017
82 posts
12 upvotes
Somewhere in Ontario
I don't admire Roy Moore, he is a nutbag in my book, but I just have a simple question. What makes someone banging a 19 year old, which is legal, who happens to be a number of years their senior any less disturbing than banging a 14 year old? I know, its nasty, its not smart, its stupid. But really, what makes it such an unfathomable act? I don't support this guy, but if this was years ago - decades ago - and it was consensual, or he stopped when she said no, what makes this relevant today? I ask these questions because our media are spending a lot of time invested into a topic that is ambiguous at best. It seems to trigger a lot of emotion without any end result.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1216 posts
120 upvotes
Logtown
ConsumerBran wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 7:47 pm
I don't admire Roy Moore, he is a nutbag in my book, but I just have a simple question. What makes someone banging a 19 year old, which is legal, who happens to be a number of years their senior any less disturbing than banging a 14 year old? I know, its nasty, its not smart, its stupid. But really, what makes it such an unfathomable act? I don't support this guy, but if this was years ago - decades ago - and it was consensual, or he stopped when she said no, what makes this relevant today? I ask these questions because our media are spending a lot of time invested into a topic that is ambiguous at best. It seems to trigger a lot of emotion without any end result.
And if you notice we've got a lot of emotional people on the subject. Perfect match for the MSM.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16454 posts
1764 upvotes
Montreal
ConsumerBran wrote:
I don't admire Roy Moore, he is a nutbag in my book, but I just have a simple question. What makes someone banging a 19 year old, which is legal, who happens to be a number of years their senior any less disturbing than banging a 14 year old?
Nothing. But the fact that he is hell and brimstone firebrand bible thumping gay hatin' Evangelical makes this very, very entertaining, to say the least.

Watch Bannon go off on the "false" accusations:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/09/politics/ ... index.html

YEt this is the guy that trotted all of Bill Clinton's accusers during a debate.

What RFD has no popcorn emoji?
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2016
753 posts
201 upvotes
ConsumerBran wrote:
You sound like AndySixx - are you sure you are not the same person or his wife? lol

And yes touching and scaring a 14 year old girl is now fine and proper according to all the Pugnacious - and it was so long ago!! Why worry? You reveal yourselves, Trumpites, you really do. lol
"Obama is the quintessence of all that is wrong with America today.. people looking at the superficial which is skin color and ignoring idiotic behavior." - the poster AndySixx 😲 :facepalm:
Nov 8, 2017
82 posts
12 upvotes
Somewhere in Ontario
springdays wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:18 pm
You sound like AndySixx - are you sure you are not the same person or his wife? lol

And yes touching and scaring a 14 year old girl is now fine and proper according to all the Pugnacious - and it was so long ago!! Why worry? You reveal yourselves, Trumpites, you really do. lol
What do my comments have to do with Donald Trump? I wouldn't support him if I would have voted in the American election, I think he's a joke.

I defended Bill Clinton when he was porking a 24 year old intern, these issues aren't important on a national or international scale. No one needs to moralize to the public on these issues, they are deeply private and should remain private.

The left today can't start a sentence without rape or sexual harassment and cannot end it without mentioning racism. This is the reality we live in today.
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2016
753 posts
201 upvotes
Alone with Corfman, Moore chatted with her and asked for her phone number, she says. Days later, she says, he picked her up around the corner from her house in Gadsden, drove her about 30 minutes to his home in the woods, told her how pretty she was and kissed her. On a second visit, she says, he took off her shirt and pants and removed his clothes. He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear.

“I wanted it over with — I wanted out,” she remembers thinking. “Please just get this over with. Whatever this is, just get it over.” Corfman says she asked Moore to take her home, and he did.

Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32 http://wapo.st/2zvHx84?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.d67bae6b76fa
"Obama is the quintessence of all that is wrong with America today.. people looking at the superficial which is skin color and ignoring idiotic behavior." - the poster AndySixx 😲 :facepalm:
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2016
753 posts
201 upvotes
ConsumerBran wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:52 pm
What do my comments have to do with Donald Trump? I wouldn't support him if I would have voted in the American election, I think he's a joke.

I defended Bill Clinton when he was porking a 24 year old intern, these issues aren't important on a national or international scale. No one needs to moralize to the public on these issues, they are deeply private and should remain private.

The left today can't start a sentence without rape or sexual harassment and cannot end it without mentioning racism. This is the reality we live in today.
Glad you find this morally equivalent to Clinton (had to mention Clinton didn't you) and a 24 year old lol
Nov 8, 2017
82 posts
12 upvotes
Somewhere in Ontario
I don't morally find it equivalent. I'm not even making a moral case at all, I'm saying its a waste of time. I just don't believe people's motives are what they seem on the surface. When I was younger, I remember guys in their teens wanting to bang people 10 or 20 years their senior and/or bragging about it if they claimed to do so. Not sure what to say about a victimless crime. But, what I do think is that its not wise. What commonality does someone have at age 40 with someone who is age 19? But is it really something that is of international importance? Does this need to be in the newspaper every day? Not sure about that.

Does a person's sexual habits or experiences have any relation to whether you receive health care, you have a good paying job, whether you have reliable hydro, whether you have quality public services? Does a person's sexual habits relate to world security, defence issues, and foreign affairs and stability? No.

The things that people obsess over in the information age and in social media simply perplexes me. What is important is not discussed and what is unimportant is on the evening news every day.

I hate to break it to the leftists that are riding this wave of sexual harassment and racism in 2017: 40 year old teachers were banging 15 year old students in the 1960's. It was happening in the 1860's. It was happening in the 1500's. It was happening in the 1000's. As disturbing as that may seem to some, obsessing over things that have been happening since the dawn of time and will happen for as long as there is humanity, it completely side tracks the real issues that we need to be having a public dialogue on. Do millennials honestly think in the 1950's people walked around getting raped every day and that women had no say in anything? That's not what it was like in the 50's or 60's. What kind of weird alternate reality do people believe in these days? What makes these issues so important today?

All the expended energy, wasted time, and feigned indignation of online pundits on these issues, nothing will give someone a high paying job by discussing this stuff day in and day out. All it is doing is trying to drum up political support with certain demographics for political purposes. The people obsessing on these issues don't care about sexual dignity, they care about power. That's my point. And that political power is more important than the red herring used to get it.

NOW, with all things considered, I think the generation we're in right now may be the first to not realize they're being duped and cannot see past these distractions. I don't believe in Donald Trump's nonsensical 'fake news' rhetoric, but at the same time you have to realize the storylines being provided are storylines. They are selective and they are in need of critical thought being applied to them. If the public cannot see these repeated memes for the power plays that they are, then that is a problem.

I think the most disturbing thing about Roy Moore, as repulsive as he is, is the fact he probably thinks Earth is 6,000 years old. The guy is seriously mentally deficient. That should disqualify him from office right away. Instead, Christian conservatives seem to be rallying behind him despite his sexual indiscretions. I'm so glad Alabama is in the US and not in Canada. I couldn't imagine millions of people being that, how do you say, special?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3884 posts
1256 upvotes
ConsumerBran wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 12:21 am
Does a person's sexual habits or experiences have any relation to [...]
This is a criminal act, not a "sexual experience".
ConsumerBran wrote:
Do millennials honestly think in the 1950's [...] that women had no say in anything? That's not what it was like in the 50's or 60's.
Ah yes the good old days when birth control was illegal and women hid in their homes when pregnant, and women had so much say in that.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1216 posts
120 upvotes
Logtown
springdays wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:18 pm

Watching this guy treat politics like NHL teams is pretty funny.

You win no prizes for this btw.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1216 posts
120 upvotes
Logtown
That was hilarious. ABC did a segment on public reaction to the WaPo story about Moore and not a single one of them believed the WaPo story. Looking like fake news dug its own grave. NBC did something similar with almost identical results.

My oh my how the msm has fallen. Not to quote Thanos of all people but this puts a smile on my face.
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2016
753 posts
201 upvotes
ConsumerBran wrote:
I hate to break it to the leftists that are riding this wave of sexual harassment and racism in 2017: 40 year old teachers were banging 15 year old students in the 1960's. It was happening in the 1860's. It was happening in the 1500's. It was happening in the 1000's. As disturbing as that may seem to some, obsessing over things that have been happening since the dawn of time and will happen for as long as there is humanity, it completely side tracks the real issues that we need to be having a public dialogue on. Do millennials honestly think in the 1950's people walked around getting raped every day and that women had no say in anything? That's not what it was like in the 50's or 60's. What kind of weird alternate reality do people believe in these days? What makes these issues so important today?
1. It's not the 1860s anymore
2. The girl was 14, frightened and touched sexually
3. Clinton had oral sex with a willing 24 YO and the Republicans went beserk, but Moore effectively molested a 14 year old girl but it is the "leftists" that are the problem
4. No-one is riding the "wave" of sexual harassment and racism - and if you want to call it that, society is engaged and so they should be - , not just the left or right. Gone are the days when men can coerce, molest and abuse women without repurcussion.
5. Your partisanship is transparent - you would have more credibility if you accurately see it as both sides
Last edited by springdays on Nov 11th, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2016
753 posts
201 upvotes
PS One more time for the audience - it's not the 1860s anymore, nor the 1950s. But kudos, Harvey Weinstein also tried the latter defense - it was the 1970s man!
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2016
753 posts
201 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 5:05 pm
Not going to get into the whole shebang of the Cdn vs American Medical Systems, but I will say this.

Americans due to the history of their country's founding has different ideas on how things should be done.

They are afraid of any socialized / all for one mentality. Everything is about pure capitalism... the guy with the most bucks wins. Period

Where that goes off the rails is when it comes to "Socialized" Health & Medical Care. The downfall in their system has always been giving the Insurance companies (the moneymakers) too much say in the entire process.

They have too much power. They put money before humanitarian interests. At the expense of the common man.

Its sad.

And sadder yet, those who cannot afford care for themselves or their loved ones when the Insurance companies refuse coverage... but somehow they've been brainwashed by the "American Way" to believe that supreme capitalism is the answer to everything good. Clearly if you or your family has to go bankrupt to get the care you need for yourself or a loved one it isn't.

Obama care was far from perfect, more like a compromise. And there are still Insurance Companies in the middle with too much power. BUT what Obama Care did do was given the Average Joe & Jane a look at what organized / affordable healthcare looks like. That was one thing that stood out at Town Hall Meetings across America last year, the common folk, not the wealthy, on both sides of the political fence, had enough of a taste that they did not want to see the Affordable Health Care Act (the real name for Obama Care) abandoned. Tweeked perhaps. But not disbanded to go back to what was before.
Good points.

Incidentally, they did a segment interviewing Republicans, and most were like "We like the Affordable Health Care Act but not ObamaCare" - they didn't realize it was the same thing.

Obama did what he could in the hyper partisan and persecutory atmosphere he operated in, but it was a momentous effort even to move it to that point.