Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3882 posts
1254 upvotes
AndySixx wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 7:03 pm
Womens Civil Rights movement..

I time traveled and didn't even know it.
I was trying to avoid the word "feminism" because it triggers people :D
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1171 posts
119 upvotes
Logtown
There's all kinds of wild theories floating about with regard to the Alabama Senate race..

One I just read involves Moore being booted off the R ricket and Sessions resigning as AG + going back to the Senate and Trump nominating another AG.

Is interesting how Trump will approach this in the coming days. Votes have already been cast in that Senate race. No idea how they backtrack on it now.

There's two methods of dumping a Senator by the Senate, only one method the Senate can realistically use to throw Moore out and by two-thirds vote. Very unlikely they have grounds to refuse to seat him if he gets elected. I believe if Moore were to get tossed by two-thirds of the Senate (a realistic possibility in virtue signal land) the Alabama state governor appoints a replacement.

These are all of course long odds. GOP can threaten to wipe out using its funds for Moore, Trump can even condemn him and refuse to endorse and he can still easily win.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3882 posts
1254 upvotes
Well it seems the RNC has withdrawn its (financial, field) support for Moore.

They can't change the ticket because it's less than 76 days to the election but they can delay the election, possibly.

If Dems win it would be really something.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3992 posts
572 upvotes
Moore's poll numbers took a dive from +10 to -4, i.e. Repubs are dropping him because his chances of winning are slim to one.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16442 posts
1763 upvotes
Montreal
AndySixx wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 7:08 pm
There's all kinds of wild theories floating about with regard to the Alabama Senate race..

One I just read involves Moore being booted off the R ricket and Sessions resigning as AG + going back to the Senate and Trump nominating another AG.

Is interesting how Trump will approach this in the coming days. Votes have already been cast in that Senate race. No idea how they backtrack on it now.

There's two methods of dumping a Senator by the Senate, only one method the Senate can realistically use to throw Moore out and by two-thirds vote. Very unlikely they have grounds to refuse to seat him if he gets elected. I believe if Moore were to get tossed by two-thirds of the Senate (a realistic possibility in virtue signal land) the Alabama state governor appoints a replacement.

These are all of course long odds. GOP can threaten to wipe out using its funds for Moore, Trump can even condemn him and refuse to endorse and he can still easily win.
Well if they dump Moore after the election, than the Alabama governor and the Senate can negotiate to get a more establishment Republican.

Of course that's a dangerous calculation, since if the Democrat actually wins the race, they are down to 51 seats in the Senate.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7187 posts
233 upvotes
JustBob wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 7:38 pm
Moore's poll numbers took a dive from +10 to -4, i.e. Repubs are dropping him because his chances of winning are slim to one.
It would actually be better for him to win. So in 2018 election, the Republicans will be branded as the pedophile party.

Moore is Bannon's pick. Bannon + Trump + Moore.

Democrats can run ads all day about pedophiles. Maybe that is enough to gain some seats assuming pedophilia is the rock bottom for the republican party.

We will see but good sign so far for the Democrats.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3882 posts
1254 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:10 pm
Democrats can run ads all day about pedophiles. Maybe that is enough to gain some seats assuming pedophilia is the rock bottom for the republican party.
A lot of religious conservatives would say calling it pedophilia is pure hyperbole because they'd marry their 14-year-old daughters into the guidance of an older man if they only could. The whole scenario isn't offensive to them so why would they turn against these wrongly-slurred men? And the state has to get out of the business of the church so there shouldn't be these minimum ages for marriage and all that either.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1171 posts
119 upvotes
Logtown
kevindurant1 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:10 pm
It would actually be better for him to win. So in 2018 election, the Republicans will be branded as the pedophile party.

Moore is Bannon's pick. Bannon + Trump + Moore.

We will see but good sign so far for the Democrats.
You're expecting 2016 smear tactics to work in 2018 or 2020..

I guess the special election races since the 2016 election, along with the election itself, have taught you nothing.

People are more than aware of the pedo-like behavior that encompasses Dems too, not only via Hillary and her ex-President husband but throughout the Dem Party which includes Huma and her recently ex-husband Anthony Weiner. The idea that Dems can brand Republicans as a pedo party is simply not going to work while they have identical problems of their own. The smear tactics were tried against people like Gianforte, Handel, and Norman.. they failed terribly, despite the insane amount of spending and smear Dems attempted.

Quite simply, US voters, especially in moderate regions, are becoming more impervious to these tactics.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3882 posts
1254 upvotes
AndySixx wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:52 pm
People are more than aware of the pedo-like behavior that encompasses Dems too, not only via Hillary and her ex-President husband but throughout the Dem Party which includes Huma and her recently ex-husband Anthony Weiner. The idea that Dems can brand Republicans as a pedo party is simply not going to work while they have identical problems of their own. The smear tactics were tried against people like Gianforte, Handel, and Norman.. they failed terribly, despite the insane amount of spending and smear Dems attempted.
Well there has been a sudden surge in op-eds on the left opining how disgraceful Bill Clinton really was now...NY Times, Atlantic...but I like this one at the NY Daily News because it's got the snappiest headline:

Liberals must face tough facts about what Bill and Hillary Clinton did to sex-assault accusers: The Bill has come due
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/libe ... -1.3632624

Democrat women didn't want Hillary because she stood by her man? And then she directed her closest aide to hook up with another scumbag, all in the name of the pursuit of power? Sounds reasonable to me. Hillary sold herself as a women's champion but played by the old boy's rules.

It isn't a coincidence that this started with outing Dem donor Weinstein. Also outed has been Dem darling George Takei who was speaking sharply against Trump and pondering a move into politics until it came out that he likes to "entice men to sex" by grabbing their junk.

I wonder what Biden has to say about all to this: he's emerging as the post plausible challenger to Trump in 2020.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1171 posts
119 upvotes
Logtown
lecale wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:22 pm
Well there has been a sudden surge in op-eds on the left opining how disgraceful Bill Clinton really was now...NY Times, Atlantic...but I like this one at the NY Daily News because it's got the snappiest headline:

Liberals must face tough facts about what Bill and Hillary Clinton did to sex-assault accusers: The Bill has come due
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/libe ... -1.3632624

Democrat women didn't want Hillary because she stood by her man? And then she directed her closest aide to hook up with another scumbag, all in the name of the pursuit of power? Sounds reasonable to me. Hillary sold herself as a women's champion but played by the old boy's rules.

It isn't a coincidence that this started with outing Dem donor Weinstein. Also outed has been Dem darling George Takei who was speaking sharply against Trump and pondering a move into politics until it came out that he likes to "entice men to sex" by grabbing their junk.

I wonder what Biden has to say about all to this: he's emerging as the post plausible challenger to Trump in 2020.
It's rather funny because Hillary is likened to feminism despite everything she did belittling women.

Reminds me of the outing of guys like Ted Haggard and Larry Craig -- prominent Republican evangelists, really big mouths all the same, big time gay bashers, ultimately, biggest hypocrites.

Think maybe its time people stop idolizing politicians and celebrities and falling for persona marketing.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7187 posts
233 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:19 pm
A lot of religious conservatives would say calling it pedophilia is pure hyperbole because they'd marry their 14-year-old daughters into the guidance of an older man if they only could. The whole scenario isn't offensive to them so why would they turn against these wrongly-slurred men? And the state has to get out of the business of the church so there shouldn't be these minimum ages for marriage and all that either.
Well, Mcconnell and Ryan have called him out. This is Bannon's guy. That means they are seeing something there on the ground. We will see how the election turns out. Either pedophilia will be accepted by the republican party or they wont.

This is a HUGE deal because this is where we find out if there is a bottom for them. They didnt budge on gun control when Sandy hook happened. So if they accept Moore then that is it. It proves that there is no rock bottom. What is worse than a pedophile?.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1171 posts
119 upvotes
Logtown
kevindurant1 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:09 pm
Well, Mcconnell and Ryan have called him out. This is Bannon's guy. That means they are seeing something there on the ground. We will see how the election turns out. Either pedophilia will be accepted by the republican party or they wont.

This is a HUGE deal because this is where we find out if there is a bottom for them. They didnt budge on gun control when Sandy hook happened. So if they accept Moore then that is it. It proves that there is no rock bottom. What is worse than a pedophile?.
Makes sense if its Bannons guy, given how much Breitbart is doubling down on defending him.

Anyways, it makes no sense that the people that are coming forth with this do so at the most political or financially expedient time, case in point, Moore, Cosby, Trump, and so on. After 40 years for this to be done literally days before voting started, is clearly a political hit job.

If these people had come out with it years ago Moore would have never been in this position, and their claim would be given more validity. Now its rightfully viewed with the utmost scrutiny.

Should never be assuming that accusation implies guilt. I dunno how many times we've been over this with repeated case after repeated case like Zimmerman or Michael Brown that shows people they shouldn't be assuming anything or making any rash decisions until the verdict in court is laid down.

Anyways, I think one thing people are underestimating is the establishment connections here between Dems and Republicans. Both parties' establishments clearly have a vested interest in people like Trump and Sanders not being elected and they'll stoop to any level, including bypassing democracy, to achieve their goal. People are a bit too busy throwing partisan fits and playing along to understand who the real enemy is. But whatever.. if thats what people want..
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3882 posts
1254 upvotes
AndySixx wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:44 pm
It's rather funny because Hillary is likened to feminism despite everything she did belittling women.
Probably at a certain point in time what Hillary was doing - succeeding as a woman - was feminism. 20-30 years ago, there weren't a lot of female icons to pick from. Just like Weinstein what she did in her life got a pass because it was a different era.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3882 posts
1254 upvotes
AndySixx wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:26 pm
Anyways, it makes no sense that the people that are coming forth with this do so at the most political or financially expedient time, case in point, Moore, Cosby, Trump, and so on. After 40 years for this to be done literally days before voting started, is clearly a political hit job.

If these people had come out with it years ago Moore would have never been in this position, and their claim would be given more validity. Now its rightfully viewed with the utmost scrutiny.
Really honestly 40 years ago a kid could not take down a D.A. or a priest or anyone else in power.

Of course this is political but you have to agree the Dems are now eating their own to get these guys.
Feb 8, 2015
646 posts
253 upvotes
North York, ON
lecale wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:49 pm
Really honestly 40 years ago a kid could not take down a D.A. or a priest or anyone else in power.

Of course this is political but you have to agree the Dems are now eating their own to get these guys.
Agree completely and this is from personal experience. In 1972 a friend was raped by a neighbor. Spoke to the Police and they were unwilling to press charges as they said these types of cases were rarely successful and would create great embarrassment to my friend. Myself and friends waited a few months and dealt with the issue ourselves. To add insult to injury 3 weeks after the assault one of the investigating cops contacted my friend and asked her out on a date. Oh the good ole days...if raped you were obviously asking for it, giving out a certain signal and were of low moral value.
Glad to see society changing and people standing up for their rights regardless of the time frame.