None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
475 upvotes
Vancouver

[BMO] exchange your coins(Canadian or US at PAR) for paper currency - no fees

some safeway supermarkets have coin changers too, but you have to pay 10% to use them. the BMO ones are free.

http://www.bmo.com/home/personal/bankin ... in-counter
BMO Bank of Montreal Coin Counters are a fast, convenient and free way to count and deposit loose change right into your BMO account or trade it in for cash.

Features:

Free – This service is completely free to both BMO and non-BMO customers
Fast – Our Coin Counter is one of the fastest machines available
Accepts USD coins – No need to sort out U.S currency, just include them with your Canadian coins and they’ll be accepted at par.
39 replies
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1714 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
Where's the "Hot Deal"? :confused:

Do they accept Mexican Pesos at par too perhaps? :razz:
12 months for condemning rape. 6 months for calling violent thugs "nasty". WTH? Is this IS?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
475 upvotes
Vancouver
well the only other easy way to get rid of coins, including pennies, is to go to the automated cashiers at real canadian superstore- but then the coin slots are VERTICAL so you have to feed the coins in one by one-

but the ones at safeway and bmo have hoppers so you just dump it in and away you go
Mar 3, 2008
296 posts
126 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks Op, but there is only one in Calgary and it is too far from my house. On a side note, some safeways self checkouts coin intake system allows you to dump the coins in.
Aug 6, 2010
19 posts
canadianstephen wrote:
Jan 5th, 2012 3:00 am
Thanks Op, but there is only one in Calgary and it is too far from my house. On a side note, some safeways self checkouts coin intake system allows you to dump the coins in.

i can't see which Calgary location has the coin counter. I'd drive across the entire city to dump my coins into one of these.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2005
2266 posts
303 upvotes
Tornado F2 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2012 2:50 am
Where's the "Hot Deal"? :confused:

Do they accept Mexican Pesos at par too perhaps? :razz:

This is a Freebie forum, not a Hot Deal forum, and this is definitely a freebie.
Nov 16, 2004
409 posts
2 upvotes
most excellent :D
now I can get rid of all them pennies
YES! :lol:
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2006
4731 posts
8750 upvotes
Comox Valley, Vancou…
That link to BMO website has a link to find branches with coin counters. But the search returns all branches in my city.
All of the branches can't have these machines, can they? Do I have to call to find out if there are any in Regina?
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2004
1240 posts
122 upvotes
bobbycat wrote:
Jan 5th, 2012 11:44 am
most excellent :D
now I can get rid of all them pennies
YES! :lol:

if they are the older copper pennies (I think 1970's and prior), u should hang on to them as they are worth 2x face value and climbing...
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2004
1240 posts
122 upvotes
so does the machine only accept round numbers of value where bills can be issued (e.g. $ 5, 10, 20,...) or does it print out a receipt that u take to the teller?
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
22820 posts
915 upvotes
Markham, ON
bmo is so late to the party....as a customer i hate them being so late to the party.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2006
4731 posts
8750 upvotes
Comox Valley, Vancou…
After waiting on hold for 15 minutes, the agent then puts me on hold to go and find out if Regina has any.
Another 5 minutes and the answer is no...but I could try Metro food stores . I informed her we don't have Metro in the west...
I wouldn't be doing any banking at BMO...(yes, I'm annoyed at being on hold for so long...)
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1035 posts
148 upvotes
pathfinder35 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2012 2:21 pm
That link to BMO website has a link to find branches with coin counters. But the search returns all branches in my city.
All of the branches can't have these machines, can they? Do I have to call to find out if there are any in Regina?

Once the search window loads, there's an option for "Advanced Search". When you click that, a few more options appear, one of which is a checkbox for "coin counter".
× < >