Locked: Exchanging a free iPad for an iPad 2

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2011 7:06 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6117 posts
846 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Stop trying to scam the stores and just sell the thing, and use the money to buy get a new one.
There's a sucker born every minute.
[OP]
Jan 29, 2008
6 posts
Yeah, the biggest thing I really wanted the iPad 2 for was the cpu/gpu differences. I don't care much for the other changes (weight, video out, cameras), so it's certainly not a NEED for the new one.

ChuckCharles wrote:
May 19th, 2011 3:38 pm
You might find the basic model is good enough. iPad 2 adds cameras and a processing upgrade, plus an interim option for feeding out to a display.

If you don't care about those features, most programs do fine on the basic ipad 1 cpu/gpu. A few apps won't work if they need the specific extras that are on iPad2.

But you're getting the same screen, the same touch control, the same OS, the same networking, the same battery life, the same weight, the same size* and so on. (*iPad 2 is a little thinner)

For half the money you get about 95% of the features.

As for capacity, cloud storage options mean the 16 GB storage is not as much a limitation as it was previously deemed to be.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19161 posts
4239 upvotes
Thornhill
Step 1. Register domain name, contact Apple, raise a ruckus
Step 2. Create media campaign, spread the word
Step 3. ???????
Step 4. Profit!

Free press for Apple haha
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8142 posts
1092 upvotes
I bet RIM will take it :) .
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13218 posts
1529 upvotes
Mississauga
Gryffin wrote:
May 19th, 2011 3:43 pm
Yeah, the biggest thing I really wanted the iPad 2 for was the cpu/gpu differences. I don't care much for the other changes (weight, video out, cameras), so it's certainly not a NEED for the new one.

In real life, I have yet to find an app that didn't work on ipad 1. We have both units at home.