• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2010 7:24 am
Tags:
None
Oct 19, 2009
45 posts
Mississauga

Excise Duty Officer (CRA)

I just got the invitation to write the tests for Excise Duty officer position. I was wondering if anyone else who has worked for this position can share their experiences regarding the testing procedure and general work experience.

Thanks.
18 replies
Aug 22, 2007
752 posts
31 upvotes
I, too, got called down to TO north for testing.
[OP]
Oct 19, 2009
45 posts
Mississauga
Knitecrow wrote:
Dec 28th, 2009 8:16 pm
any update on this one?
Nothing yet; I didn't even receive the test results yet.
Aug 22, 2007
752 posts
31 upvotes
same here, heard nothing. The excise tax people seem to be a lot more unresponsive as I send email/fax with no response.

when i went in for testing at TO North, there were very few applicants (~10) but the applications seemed qualified. I ran into 2 auditors and 2 others who had misc internal jobs.

Oh well... who knows what the deal is. More waiting.
[OP]
Oct 19, 2009
45 posts
Mississauga
Knitecrow wrote:
Dec 29th, 2009 1:56 am
same here, heard nothing. The excise tax people seem to be a lot more unresponsive as I send email/fax with no response.

when i went in for testing at TO North, there were very few applicants (~10) but the applications seemed qualified. I ran into 2 auditors and 2 others who had misc internal jobs.

Oh well... who knows what the deal is. More waiting.
Yes, i guess we have to wait and wait. I'll try contacting Susan Cardinal who called me to inform about the test dates.

Hopefully, we'll hear something in January...
[OP]
Oct 19, 2009
45 posts
Mississauga
Ibs_khan wrote:
Dec 29th, 2009 5:15 pm
Yes, i guess we have to wait and wait. I'll try contacting Susan Cardinal who called me to inform about the test dates.

Hopefully, we'll hear something in January...
Hey, did any of you guyz get your test result yet? I just got mine today.
Aug 22, 2007
752 posts
31 upvotes
I got mine results like a week ago. Got an email yesterday for 2nd round of testing.
[OP]
Oct 19, 2009
45 posts
Mississauga
Knitecrow wrote:
Feb 12th, 2010 11:03 am
I got mine results like a week ago. Got an email yesterday for 2nd round of testing.
Same here. Are you writing on Feb 19th? Btw, do you have any idea how to preapare for it...are we supposed to memorize the study package?
[OP]
Oct 19, 2009
45 posts
Mississauga
Knitecrow wrote:
Feb 12th, 2010 11:03 am
Did you hear anything regarding the written examination?
Aug 22, 2007
752 posts
31 upvotes
we should hear something shortly. I got an acceptance email saying i am in the pool till Apr 2012 that was quickly recalled :(

I hope it is just an error or a typo and I don't get the rejection email.
[OP]
Oct 19, 2009
45 posts
Mississauga
Knitecrow wrote:
Apr 15th, 2010 4:20 pm
we should hear something shortly. I got an acceptance email saying i am in the pool till Apr 2012 that was quickly recalled :(

I hope it is just an error or a typo and I don't get the rejection email.
Same thing happened with me. I got an acceptance email then it get recalled but after a while i got the original acceptance email again. I guess now we are in the placement stage. Btw, do you know if all the candidates who passed the test are placed into a pool or some candidates gets preference?
× < >