Expired Hot Deals

[Expedia] Another Expedia *HOT* Deal - $100(US) off any flight coupon! (on min $200+ booking) - BOOK ASAP!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2018 10:51 am
[OP]
Jul 27, 2014
212 posts
802 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Expedia] Another Expedia *HOT* Deal - $100(US) off any flight coupon! (on min $200+ booking) - BOOK ASAP!

YUP ANOTHER ONE! :D

Just noticed another Expedia special "year end" coupon deal while checking out the USA site...

Similar to the hotel deal I posted earlier today (ICYMI):
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/expedia- ... s-2248351/

Not quite as "blazing" 90% off as the hotel deal, but I'd argue this is still pretty "hot" on it's own...especially if you need to book a flight anways.
Get $100 (US) off any flight booking above $200+ !!!

Use code "DONTWAIT100"

Unlike the hotel deal, this has more flexibility also!
Book by end of day 12/14 deadline (or until limit reached), valid for travel up to June 30, 2019. :)

Key Notes/Requirements:
- Must book through the Expedia APP - regular website will NOT work
- Make sure you are on the USA location/billing in the app - you can change this in the main menu setting!
- Minimum $200+ (US) price to qualify to apply/use the coupon; FYI from my checks, looks like that's $200 "flight price" minimum (ie. taxes/fees do NOT count)...even though terms on Expedia website says "includes taxes but not extra fees"
- Must also be on a ROUND-TRIP booking on a SINGLE airline (ie. cannot fly AC out and WJ back)

Great for those of you who can/need to stack (after booking with the hotel deal), or just additional savings on a flight booking!

Thanks for reading!
Enjoy and happy/good luck booking. :) :)

106 replies
Jan 22, 2015
184 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Booked -

$206 USD - (275 cad) - same flight on kayak was $428 Cad..!
Last edited by newcan on Dec 13th, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 3, 2007
813 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
Couldn't apply the coupon for a round trip Toronto Montreal. "Terms and Conditions" up yours Expedia!

I guess the price of the flight has to be over $200 before taxes/fees
May 21, 2007
158 posts
41 upvotes
Try couples of flights,not working.
Yhz to yyz and yvr. Must be something I have don't wrong?
Jan 3, 2007
813 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
lake600 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2018 4:11 pm
Use the app
Change your location to the US in the settings
Price before taxes has to be over $200
Both legs of the flight have to be on the same airlines
Dec 10, 2006
723 posts
133 upvotes
Japan
Tried YVR to HKG direct flight Cathay round trip in March, still rejected.
Dec 12, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
Canada
lake600 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2018 4:11 pm
On top of what @mawzi said above, some flights within Canada are booked as two one-ways. If this is the case, the app will say so once you've selected the outbound and return flights and before going to the payment screen. Code won't work for these itineraries.

This is an amazing deal if you pair it with the right flight. Can fly from Hamilton to Dublin, Ireland on Norwegian for around $300 CAD in April and May. Crazy!
May 22, 2016
117 posts
39 upvotes
tried Buffalo to Tampa for march break, it worked, but not going through with it. Just tried it to see if it works!
Oct 15, 2017
3 posts
2 upvotes
The coupon only seems to work on flights within the US for me.
[OP]
Jul 27, 2014
212 posts
802 upvotes
Calgary, AB
kingwirch wrote:
Dec 13th, 2018 4:53 pm
The coupon only seems to work on flights within the US for me.
Before I first posted, checked a few CAN-US routes...all worked no problem.

Just checked again (ex. YYC-LAS) works still no issue, $100 US off.

Make sure on the checkout page your "flight" portion is $200+; if your flight total is say $250 (but flight is $175 and taxes/fees row is $75), it will NOT apply until the $175 portion goes $200+. Think it's a glitch which they made the requirement to.

Also as previously mentioned, make sure you are in the US app location and US $.
And also needs to be on same airline for a full round-trip (I think any leg where a code-share is applied also makes it invalid FYI).

If anyone has a specfic route/date(s) they are looking to book, just post and I can do my best to double check for you. :)
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
1477 posts
442 upvotes
Getting error, "Sorry, we weren't able to proceed with your booking". I can get the discount to apply but fails everytime. Tried with multiple cards/routes. Anyone else have this problem know how to fix?
Las Vegas Hotel & Shows 30%-70% Off - MyCheapVegas.com

Or need help planning your Las Vegas trip, send me a pm.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2005
1905 posts
838 upvotes
Ottawa
ryantoy wrote:
Dec 13th, 2018 5:13 pm
If anyone has a specfic route/date(s) they are looking to book, just post and I can do my best to double check for you. :)
I can't install the Expedia app on my phone right now. Could you check YOW-YXE for some time in January-March to confirm if it's at least possible? Thanks!
Mar 31, 2017
588 posts
206 upvotes
Vancouver
ryantoy wrote:
Dec 13th, 2018 5:13 pm
Before I first posted, checked a few CAN-US routes...all worked no problem.

Just checked again (ex. YYC-LAS) works still no issue, $100 US off.

Make sure on the checkout page your "flight" portion is $200+; if your flight total is say $250 (but flight is $175 and taxes/fees row is $75), it will NOT apply until the $175 portion goes $200+. Think it's a glitch which they made the requirement to.

Also as previously mentioned, make sure you are in the US app location and US $.
And also needs to be on same airline for a full round-trip (I think any leg where a code-share is applied also makes it invalid FYI).

Just to add to this, the flight portion has to be 200+ "per passenger" - even if there are multiple passengers in the itinerary (so it might be a better idea to book every passenger using a separate account so you can get 100 USD discount per ticket)
Jan 8, 2008
442 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Flights to the USA ONLY!! Tried multiple it doen't work. YYZ-YVR, YVR-TPE, TPE-BKK none of these combos work. Tried YYZ-EWR, YYZ-LAS, YYZ-LAX, YVR-LAX these work!