Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 9, 2003
248 posts
20 upvotes
Winnipeg

is expedia.ca the best?

i'm going to las vegas with 2 other people from april 25th to april 28th and have found that expedia is by far the best option for us to use.

we're planning on staying at the tropicana hotel.
7 replies
Nov 8, 2004
390 posts
4 upvotes
for Las Vegas, expedia.ca is doing a really reasonable price most of time. But if you look for hotel package with directly flight, try this:
www.tripcentral.ca

or PM me, I may give you better rate.
Waiting ....... and waiting.............
[OP]
Nov 9, 2003
248 posts
20 upvotes
Winnipeg
going with expedia.ca, it'll only cost us $695 each (3 people) staying at the tropicana hotel. every other website quotes over $1000 each!
Jan 29, 2004
289 posts
4 upvotes
EC
You can sometimes get a better deal by calling the hotel directly. Also, expedia adds a service charge at the end, so you'll save that fee at least.
Nov 8, 2004
390 posts
4 upvotes
MTL wrote:You can sometimes get a better deal by calling the hotel directly. Also, expedia adds a service charge at the end, so you'll save that fee at least.
Service charge? Not all the time.
Normally, expedia charge $5/ticket more for air fare. So you can go back to airlines' website to save your 5 bucks.
for hotel, they have corp contract with some hotels, so it's cheaper than book with hotel directly. But you need to pay in full at the time you book, and expedia makes money from you when you make change or cancel. Actually, most of hotel don't charge change fee or cancellation fee by their policy.
Waiting ....... and waiting.............
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
ash101 wrote:Service charge? Not all the time.
I got nailed by them when I bought my plane tickets to LA coming up this March.

After I purchased the tickets they told me that e-tickets were not valid for this flgiht,and that I had to have a paper ticket. The delivery chage was $15 for just an envolpe with a couple peices of paper in it.

Gotta love that. you've already bought somethign and then they're "oh, but you need to pay $15 more and there's nothing you can do about it"
Jan 29, 2004
289 posts
4 upvotes
EC
ash101 wrote:Service charge? Not all the time.
Normally, expedia charge $5/ticket more for air fare. So you can go back to airlines' website to save your 5 bucks.
for hotel, they have corp contract with some hotels, so it's cheaper than book with hotel directly. But you need to pay in full at the time you book, and expedia makes money from you when you make change or cancel. Actually, most of hotel don't charge change fee or cancellation fee by their policy.
Every time I've booked a hotel with expedia, there was a service charge. Most of the hotels might not charge a cancellation fee, but expedia certainly does. Also, don't assume that hotels will give their lowest price only to expedia every time. I've booked hotels that were significantly cheaper by calling them directly. Not always, but many times. This is especially true for hotels outside N. America.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
MTL wrote: Also, don't assume that hotels will give their lowest price only to expedia every time. I've booked hotels that were significantly cheaper by calling them directly. Not always, but many times. This is especially true for hotels outside N. America.
Plus some will match other prices.

I know that Raddisson has a 25% off any lower price you can find.

Unfortunaly I found out about that after I booked my room. combine that with airfair dropping alot after I booked my flight. Didn't have the best luck this year booking my stuff.