• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2013 8:58 am
Tags:
None
Aug 22, 2003
15531 posts
957 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Sorry Moncton, I will gladly pay a premium to not have to endure undisciplined kids running wild. if they didn't fill the rooms, they wouldn't be AO.
Thinking seriously about the 4 S's...Sun, Sand, Surf and ... Booked for Sept in Mexico and booked Samana DR for Jan!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4434 posts
992 upvotes
MonctonMan wrote:
Jan 6th, 2013 10:21 pm
There is also probably a market for antisemites, homophobics and racists, doesn't mean they should be catered to.
Wow, could you possibly be any more out to lunch? It seems unlikely. :facepalm:
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17602 posts
732 upvotes
Brampton
I use PriceLine but never Expedia
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
24618 posts
2346 upvotes
Ottawa
MonctonMan wrote:
Jan 6th, 2013 9:42 pm
The hotel's "solution" to avoiding Expedia is one big fail: their site is in English only! Imagine the pain in the but that it would be if we illiminated the middle man and had to go to each hotel, that we knew of, individually untill we found one that met our budget and was available. Mexico vacations would quickly get expensive if we could only deal with English speaking hotels.

Don't use Expedia. Fine. But avoiding travel agency sites is not the solution. At least until Google comes up with a hotel version of google.ca/flights.

Also, Children: As we are a adults-only hotel, we welcome only children ages 14 and up. Frankly, that should be illegal, even in Mexico.
I raised my kids, I made them behave and was never in a situation where I had to apologise for or be embarassed by their behavior. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the prevailing attitude these days. Kids can do what they want whenever they want. I don't want to be near that or hear that.
So, I choose to frequent places that are "adult" orinetated so I won't have to listen to kids screaming for their mommy and mommy not paying attention. Or bringing baby into the pool so it can p in the water. I am glad there are adult only place.
MonctonMan wrote:
Jan 6th, 2013 10:21 pm
There is also probably a market for antisemites, homophobics and racists, doesn't mean they should be catered to.
Seriously? How are you wired?
It’s not how far you fall that counts. It’s how high you bounce that counts! General G Patton
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
1123 posts
211 upvotes
Ottawa
MonctonMan wrote:
Jan 6th, 2013 9:42 pm
Also, Children: As we are a adults-only hotel, we welcome only children ages 14 and up. Frankly, that should be illegal, even in Mexico.
WOW. Nomination for the most intelligent post of the year.
Maybe he has a thing for young children :eek:
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
2342 posts
515 upvotes
Moncton
fruzmatik wrote:
Jan 7th, 2013 9:24 am
WOW. Nomination for the most intelligent post of the year.
Maybe he has a thing for young children :eek:
Not cool. Discriminating against children is illegal for hotels in Canada. Should be the same in Mexico. Like most Canadians, I believe in human rights. Obviously, discriminating against children (and their parents) isn't quite the same as discriminating against adult Blacks, Jews, Gays, the physically challenged or women, but when circumstances don't warrant it (not a strip club) it is a form of xenophobic discrimination. Where does it end? Children-free neighbourhoods? Children-free cities? Being tolerant is sometimes tough, but it is part of the human experience.
Clicking on "Thanks" is appreciated.
Pete_Coach and Armeee are on my ignore list.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
24618 posts
2346 upvotes
Ottawa
MonctonMan wrote:
Jan 8th, 2013 8:26 pm
Not cool. Discriminating against children is illegal for hotels in Canada. Should be the same in Mexico. Like most Canadians, I believe in human rights. Obviously, discriminating against children (and their parents) isn't quite the same as discriminating against adult Blacks, Jews, Gays, the physically challenged or women, but when circumstances don't warrant it (not a strip club) it is a form of xenophobic discrimination. Where does it end? Children-free neighbourhoods? Children-free cities? Being tolerant is sometimes tough, but it is part of the human experience.
There are "Adult Communities" and "Adult Condominiums" and "Adult Apartments" in Canada. Perhaps not hotels but there are for sure "Adult" places where kids are not allowed.
It is actually good that there are places in the World that are not as politically correct and that have not succumbed to the minority activists demands as us. That, in fact, make them toursit meccas and we, in Canada, lose the tourist dollars.
"Xenophobic discrimination", are you for real?
It’s not how far you fall that counts. It’s how high you bounce that counts! General G Patton
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1258 posts
26 upvotes
MonctonMan wrote:
Jan 8th, 2013 8:26 pm
Definitely a troll post, but I'll respond due to its sheer stupidity.

Tolerance is a two-way street. Just how adults should be tolerant of children, parents and children should be tolerant of those that wish to relax in a peaceful and calm atmosphere. In most cases when kids are around this isn't possible.

As for age being a form of discrimination. You are correct that one cannot be discriminated against on this basis - however, the law is clear that there are limits and this is not cut and dry. For one, age discrimination laws are meant to protect seniors, not youth. Second, certain age minimums have been accepted as being reasonable. In the same way a child cannot drive, enter into a binding contract, and become employed, until they reach a certain age, they may also be barred from entering certain establishments, which may include hotels and resorts.
× < >