• Mar 9th, 2007 6:58 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 15, 2006
172 posts
69 upvotes

Is Expedia reliable

I would like to book an hotel for april (Fairmont Mont-Tremblant).
When I go to Tremblant.ca, no room is available.
When I go to Expedia.ca, they are availabe.
Can I trust Expedia?

Thanks
14 replies
Apr 6, 2001
165 posts
4 upvotes
Yes. I have used expedia.ca before with no problems, they have good customer service.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
6642 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
They are legit. But be on the safe side and always print out the confirmation.

I've used them many times but i ran into a problem once where the hotel didnt have my booking even though it was confirmedthrough expedia.

They allowed me to stay since I had the printed confirmation and the next day they found it.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2005
2007 posts
104 upvotes
I used it before and they are pretty good(found the lowest air fare) and good customer service. I booked a last minute flight to HK to take off the next day and everything is ready at the check in counter the next morning.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
4052 posts
145 upvotes
vlaine wrote:
Feb 28th, 2007 8:26 am
Can I trust Expedia?

Thanks
For what it is worth, book the Westin, much better than the Fairmont Tremblant. Literally a couple of minutes away from each other.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2005
1041 posts
13 upvotes
vlaine wrote:
Feb 28th, 2007 1:26 pm
Can I trust Expedia?

Thanks
i had a similar problem. a flight was available on expedia.ca, the same flight was sold out at air transat. so i just booked it on expedia, then called air transat the next day to confirm....all was good
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2002
1880 posts
23 upvotes
Belleville
my family and I have used expedia many times and have always had a good experience
Oct 19, 2004
185 posts
4 upvotes
I too, have used Expedia many times, with no problems.
Go for it!
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
3492 posts
287 upvotes
I didn't want to start a new thread, but I have some questions about Expedia:

- Do they issue e-tickets that you print off yourself?
- How do multiple/connecting flights work? Do they issue two tickets with one for each flight then or a total of four tickets for a round trip?
- Can you choose your seats with both connecting flights?

And unrelated to Expedia, but how do the baggage transfers work now with the new American rules? Do they automatically get sent to your connecting flight or would I now have to go to baggage claim and then get back in line for my connecting flight for check-in?
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
554 upvotes
Mulder and Scully wrote:
Mar 7th, 2007 5:34 pm
I didn't want to start a new thread, but I have some questions about Expedia:

- Do they issue e-tickets that you print off yourself?
- How do multiple/connecting flights work? Do they issue two tickets with one for each flight then or a total of four tickets for a round trip?
- Can you choose your seats with both connecting flights?

And unrelated to Expedia, but how do the baggage transfers work now with the new American rules? Do they automatically get sent to your connecting flight or would I now have to go to baggage claim and then get back in line for my connecting flight for check-in?

you just print off your itinery from expedia's website and bring it with you. dont even need a e-ticket.

thus, there is no need for multiple tickets at all, your expedia itinery will have the booking/confirmation number with each airline/trip. yes you choose seats if the airlines permits on all connecting flights.

so basically, just print out your expedia itinery and you are set.

if you depart directly to the US from a canadian gateway with US customs on d uty, your bags will be checked through to final destination since you go through US customs here already.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2003
1818 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
they're owned by microsoft.
they're pretty reliable and they aren't going to fold anytime soon.

i've used them for airfares and booking rentals. they're pretty good for both.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
5148 posts
98 upvotes
I always check Expedia, Travelocity and the airline sites. Seat availability and pricing is not always the same from the 3 sources. Expedia and Travelocity are better at giving you the real total ticket price up front, and of course they can offer combination flights with different airlines. Expedia is best at finding good connecting flights for multi-leg trips - that's a key weakness of Travelocity.

I did have a minor problem with an Expedia ticket one time when United Airlines cancelled their flight on me and I had to switch to a different United flight, but Expedia helped resolve it on the phone while I waited at the ticket counter, and I blame United Airlines and Air Canada more for that screwup than Expedia.
Feb 4, 2007
931 posts
7 upvotes
Booked from Montreal for a flight out of Burlington, VT to Orlando. No problems and saved over $100 for each of the seats. All on Expedia.ca
× < >