Travel

Is Expedia still the best when shopping for cheapest round trip flights to USA?

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2018 10:19 am
[OP]
Sep 4, 2016
503 posts
132 upvotes

Is Expedia still the best when shopping for cheapest round trip flights to USA?

Just curious, TIA.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6711 posts
1164 upvotes
Mississauga
Google Flights
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
29569 posts
4968 upvotes
Ottawa
Kayak is pretty good too.
.....and don't forget to try the airlines themselves. Not all airlines are on the 3rd party sites and many will price match.
In the 21st Century deleting history has become far more important than making it. Anonymous
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10474 posts
899 upvotes
Mississauga
Raggie wrote:
May 17th, 2018 8:48 am
Google Flights
I've noticed a curious thing lately with Google Flights and Momondo. They will find a great itinerary and link me straight to the official airline's website payment page, which is awesome, but when I go to the airline's website on my own, the flights that Google found are not listed.
Mar 2, 2018
26 posts
34 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
May 18th, 2018 10:05 am
I've noticed a curious thing lately with Google Flights and Momondo. They will find a great itinerary and link me straight to the official airline's website payment page, which is awesome, but when I go to the airline's website on my own, the flights that Google found are not listed.
Same thing happened to me this week. Wonder why....?
Aug 5, 2007
711 posts
135 upvotes
Corridor
It depends. This is what I do for flight searches and you can use sites like Expedia as a way to get an even lower fare with the airline directly if Expedia, or anyone else, has a lower fare.
  1. Use Google Flights to figure out pricing trends
  2. Use momondo to do a wider search of lowest fare for desired trip
  3. If you find the cheapest trip is through an third-party it might still be worth it to book with the airline directly then invoke their lowest price guarantee, possible to get an even lower fare with the airline directly as long as you’ll use their gift/rebate afterwards

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)