Expedia for TD higher prices that Expedia.ca and other issues

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2018 7:08 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
3865 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto
i have been using Expedia for TD for many years. Usually their prices are similar but i always check a few places first before i log into TD.
My Heatware no posting contact info in your sig
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
1808 posts
341 upvotes
VIC
I recently booked a flight with Malaysia Airlines. The price on Expedia for TD would have been double (!) the price I had to pay on the airline's website. And this was a very simple, one segment, nonstop, oneway flight within Malaysia, for 2 people.

And as the airline's website charges in a different currency than CAD, Expedia's best price guarantee does not apply.

Also: Last Winter I drove across Canada. I found tons of smaller Canadian hotels/motels showing as fully booked on Expedia for TD, but they had plenty of rooms available over the phone (or their respective websites, if any). In fact, most of these establishments were almost entirely empty, which wasn't surprising, given the season.
May 7, 2004
61 posts
5 upvotes
Scarborough
sokolov wrote:
May 18th, 2018 3:52 am
I recently booked a flight with Malaysia Airlines. The price on Expedia for TD would have been double (!) the price I had to pay on the airline's website. And this was a very simple, one segment, nonstop, oneway flight within Malaysia, for 2 people.

And as the airline's website charges in a different currency than CAD, Expedia's best price guarantee does not apply.

Also: Last Winter I drove across Canada. I found tons of smaller Canadian hotels/motels showing as fully booked on Expedia for TD, but they had plenty of rooms available over the phone (or their respective websites, if any). In fact, most of these establishments were almost entirely empty, which wasn't surprising, given the season.
I have found some hotels even you are standing in their lobby will not offer, or price match rates of Expedia or like. They will ask you to book it through Expedia to get better rates. This is a personal experience.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
1808 posts
341 upvotes
VIC
silhu wrote:
Jun 25th, 2018 10:43 am
I have found some hotels even you are standing in their lobby will not offer, or price match rates of Expedia or like. They will ask you to book it through Expedia to get better rates. This is a personal experience.
Yes, I can tell you why: Some system is managing their inventory. If the booking isn't passed through that system, they have to report the direct sale, and that can get lost and then they may have an overbooking problem.

But in this thread we are talking specifically about Expedia for TD - and they show many properties as fully booked, while advertising availability on Expedia.
Aug 8, 2018
12 posts
3 upvotes
I had a bad experience with submitting the price guarantee application and believe me the so-called price guarantee is going to destroy your hope for sure!
Aug 8, 2018
12 posts
3 upvotes
I agree! I was also looking for hotels on Expedia for TD but most of showing sold out but found them available on other websites! Also their price guarantee has very unreasonable and unfriendly terms and conditions. You will be hurt if you try.
Aug 8, 2018
12 posts
3 upvotes
The ExpediaforTD price guarantee is a set up to against consumers. No matter what kind of screenshots you sent they are always invalid!
Aug 8, 2018
12 posts
3 upvotes
I have found out the price on ExpediaforTD is way higher than the airlines own website and there is no way you can the difference back from their price guarantee program.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2017
1475 posts
1021 upvotes
Was looking at a car rental on Expedia for TD and the same class from the same agency was more expensive than other agencies.
Jul 7, 2017
557 posts
180 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
sokolov wrote:
May 18th, 2018 3:52 am
Old thread but as an FYI for others, domestic tickets can vary greatly in price if sold outside country (there's SITI - Sold In Ticketed In - and other prices). Fare conditions may differ too. I've had to buy flights in Asia and Europe in advance because of this. Also for south america.
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD